• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does Anyone Have A Buddy Who's Evidently Tripped Too Much?

livedinbars

Greenlighter
I was just wondering since I don't hang out with half the friends I once had because they have evidently tripped too much to where they aren't enjoyable. One stopped leaving the house after a mescaline binge and after a LSD binge (by binge here I mean MONTHS of regular tripping) he now checks the news compulsively like it's Facebook, and won't leave the house or meet new people. He twitches to all hell and sometimes just sees in all orange for a few minutes here and there. Another friend of mine is essentailly the same way due to separate psychedelic binges except he also won't brush his teeth or comb his hair or shower in general.

I was just wondering if anyone has examples of a friend or themselves who have obviously tripped too much.

Sounds like your friends have got some pretty good hookups. How long has it been? HPPD usually fades with time, no matter how bad it is...

if he twitches a lot that could be a sign of magnesium deficiency, just throwing that out there.

I definitely tripped too much and it was evident to most of my peers for a while but I think I could pass as a muggle (lol) nowadays to most straightedge or drug naive people if I tried hard enough. Diet and Exercise is key.

if he twitches a lot that could be a sign of magnesium deficiency, just throwing that out there.

I definitely tripped too much and it was evident to most of my peers for a while but I think I could pass as a muggle (lol) nowadays to most straightedge or drug naive people if I tried hard enough. Diet and Exercise is key.

Probably not Mg deficiency. Maybe if twitching is the only symptom, yes.

If he is also 'seeing orange' and apparently having HPPD related experiences, it is via Occam's Razor simply less improbable that another reason explains those 'symptoms' as well. Probably more psychological and neurologically related. Something like having your inhibitions differently tuned from abuse of certain compounds. Less inhibition means allowing more signals feeding back on each other, amplification of some things.

Still, I'd think that usually twitch like things are more quickly caused by dopamine related causes and effect on the lower brain. Serotonin is more of a higher brain neurotransmitter as I understand it.

Although you can still suffer from global events, like seizures from cannabinoids. Even if they only indirectly interact with basic systems in the brain, apparently there are indirect ways to overload normal coherence.

This thread title is funny. I've been through different friend "groups" here and there, but my "main" friends from hs don't even do hardcore substances. But they do drink (alcohol) a lot, and smoke weed here and there.

The friends I met after I moved away from my hometown were the ones who did too many drugs of all kinds; basically any and all they could get, and they have a lot of connects. (It's actually them that I'm getting the hcl mescaline from.) =D But most likely no one could tell they use to trip too much, or even at the time that they did, though they still do til this day. Well, nowadays, it's set on the weekends. They'll do any psychedelic, they IV/IM and insufflate everything, etc. They work hard but also party hard too. Well, there's probably one or two of them that I would consider...bums. Those few always trip, and "hear colors and see music" too much, lol.

And in between these two groups, I met my ecstasy friends who I don't keep in touch with anymore. Well, most of them actually. Five of them I still chill with once in a while, and one of them being my gf who I live with. There were around 20 of us but damn, so much drama happened so we all split. The five of us made a faction while the others just dispersed on their own, as far as we know. Long story, but yeah, they definitely dropped too much and also smoked weed every day. Some were...umm...weird as hell. One of them lost it all to hell off of a 2g shroom trip. It's funny because another didn't brush his teeth (you could tell when he smiled because of all the gunk on it) or take care of himself that well, and he was a meth head. The rest were pretty normal but also too emotional, which caused the drama (plus immaturity left and right).

Anyways, I've said too much. But yeah, the whole brushing his teeth thing made me respond because I knew of someone that was just like that. =D

One friend of mine has gotten strange after smoking weed and taking speed regularly. He allmost never leaves the house no more, just sits in front of his computer or reads books. he told me that he's afraid of leaving the house, he is afraid of people and only goes to places he very well knows (Supermarket or his grandma), he never uses new/different paths! he lives with his father who is also not the healthiest dude around (alcoholic, hardcore depression etc.) in a house. he even does not use instant messaging or email any more, because of his paranoia, if I don't go to his house or call him he never calls. he believes that the government reads everything and spys after him. very odd.

I can think of one guy, but he was quite eccentric to begin with.

He would often shave one side of his hair and leave the other side long, doing the same with eyebrows and facial hair.. it was his way of symbolising the duality of reality. He would always wear suits too.. he was extremely intelligent and manipulative and had a way with words and sarcasm, he understood people very well and used that to his advantage. I would say he was really out there but he 'owned' that eccentricity. What was fascinating in the beginning became tiresome as time went on because you realized you could never have a normal conversation with this guy.. it had to involve metaphor, riddles and broad perspectives. That can be interesting for a short time but it exhausts you after a while.. dude was a drifter too.. so his values were the complete opposite to most people.

Most of the people i met during my heavy psychedelics years were drifters.. met some really out there folks.

When i look back to myself i suppose people probably thought i was heading in that direction.. i would walk barefoot everywhere, into supermarkets and shopping malls, all my clothes were torn or ripped.. i had dreadlocks, and in retrospect some of the houses and places i hung out in were fucking strange.. you can get into a head-space where you place more value in ideals then your own personal self; which has an external impact.

I have had a decent chunk of friends and tripped with or introduced plenty of people to psychedelics. I have seen a handful of people completely lose it (have a psychotic break) on psyches and require restraint but no one was changed forever and never was normal again. I think its because out of all my friends and tripping partners the only ones who did it frequently were myself my little brother and one of my friends. Both my friend and I have minds that are like cast iron, unbreakable. Neither of us have tripped in like 4 years though, time really does fly by :(

My little brother on the other hand, though he is all there cognitively he seems to have developed slight delusions of grandeur. Its not bad but its almost like he views his life as if he can do no wrong and the world is the cause of everything bad in his life, it can be quite annoying but not life threatening. I do believe it impacts his social life as he can be quite annoying to talk to as this idea obviously effects his ability to have convocations, I am kind of hoping he will "grow up" a little as hes only 21.

ego and pride are really strong symptoms of a broken world....the world we live in tells us these lies

One stopped leaving the house after a mescaline binge and after a LSD binge (by binge here I mean MONTHS of regular tripping)

Months of once a week tripping? It's heavy use but not what I'd call a binge in the sense of an alcohol binge where you drink every day for 6 months. Obviously you can't take LSD that much because it stops working and most stoners can't afford the tolerance where they taking vast amounts just to trip.

I can think of one guy, but he was quite eccentric to begin with.

He would often shave one side of his hair and leave the other side long, doing the same with eyebrows and facial hair.. it was his way of symbolising the duality of reality. He would always wear suits too.. he was extremely intelligent and manipulative and had a way with words and sarcasm, he understood people very well and used that to his advantage. I would say he was really out there but he 'owned' that eccentricity. What was fascinating in the beginning became tiresome as time went on because you realized you could never have a normal conversation with this guy.. it had to involve metaphor, riddles and broad perspectives. That can be interesting for a short time but it exhausts you after a while.. dude was a drifter too.. so his values were the complete opposite to most people.

Most of the people i met during my heavy psychedelics years were drifters.. met some really out there folks.

When i look back to myself i suppose people probably thought i was heading in that direction.. i would walk barefoot everywhere, into supermarkets and shopping malls, all my clothes were torn or ripped.. i had dreadlocks, and in retrospect some of the houses and places i hung out in were fucking strange.. you can get into a head-space where you place more value in ideals then your own personal self; which has an external impact.

I honestly would like to smoke with that guy , seems hella funny and trippy to be around.