• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does anyone find smoking cannabis to have a ceiling effect?

umfree14

Bluelighter
Does anyone out there find cannabis to have a ceiling effect when your smoking it? I've even felt this while dabbing but I admit I do not take the largest dabs. If i have nothing to do and I can smoke bong after bong, dab after dab and at some point i don't feel like I'm going any further.

but ofc.

it's the plateau stone. The sedated, anxiolytic, hungry, sleepy, happy stage.

What you gotta do is smoke as much as you can at once to achieve best effects from bud rather than over period of time.

Well that's more for p2 situations. (potheads+)

ya, I kind of always figured that that is why you can't die from it. always a give and take.

good news though, if you ever find yourself so high that you can't get any higher you can remedy it by eating until you physically can't eat anymore, then watching a movie until you fall asleep. beating off before the movie is optional, but will definitely help you fall asleep faster. may need to smoke a little after to forget about how ashamed you feel, be warned.

really tho, I like weed best when I save it until evening and then take it a few rips at a time. seems to go farther when I savor it.

I've found that smoking continuously will definitely result in a plateau and that if you want to smoke all day, taking several hour breaks will allow you to prevent the complete plateau.

As potato man said, smoking all at once will get you higher. Definitely what I did as tolerance increased. Also, I found sometimes smoking continuously not only let to a plateau but sometimes to even more sobering effects so taking breaks is my recommendation. Several hours can make all the difference

When I smoke 1:1 THC:CBD bud there definitely is a ceiling effect over which further dosing doesn't have further effect. When it's THC without significant amounts of CBD I don't experience the same ceiling effect.

I actually like this property of CBD since it puts the brakes on when I need it the most and I don't have 'whities'.

As for the OP's situation, the best advice I can giveth is to take a tolerance break. I wish I could offer some alternative.

Last edited: