• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Does anyone else support animal research?

Ok, I have a resolution to this whole problem, right here, right now, lets do this shit.

What we need to do is start doing research on human beings, none of this pussy animal research shit that goes on now. We need to start experimenting on human babies, pre schoolers, middle schoolers, and WAIT, yes COLLEGE STUDENTS. This will resolve everything. We need to take the most qualified candidates (anyone who wants to be a martyr for those poor caged animals) and start doing skin grafts, heart transplants, viral injections, mutation studies, and maybe even LD50 drug testings (wait, not maybe, definately).

Whose up for this? I'm going to start making a list of prospective subjects. I know this can work guys, come on.

Lets save animals from suffering!!

If your interested, call 1-800-FUCKOFF.

this is a stupidly provocative post.
humans are animals, so whenever i speak against animal experimentation, they are included (except if there are volunteers for the welfare of humanity)
on the other hand, if you find so revolting to do it to humans, maybe you should realize that we are not the only species on earth and that others' interests are to be taken into account to.

if you're interested, call 1-800-DONTSWEARPLEASE

Clearly, I was joking in the above post. This thread needed a lil something besides the redundent bickering that it is filled with. I wasn't tying to provoke anything, I was just being a sarcastic asshole. Sometimes things on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt.

I most definately do NOT think that we are the only species on earth. I also believe myself to be an animal lover of sorts, just not to the point of not eating meat and ignoring the option of using animals for research.

justsomeguy said:
no way man, you're way wrong!! we can get to the bottom of this!

:p:p:p

haha! you're hilarious justsomeguy. that reminded me of the typical instegator during those high school fights when the two kids fighting back off and one of them cant stop laughing.

I'm vegan...I celebrate your voice Vegan, Bluelighter of Honour.
I should hire you as my attorney whenever my family gives me shit about abstaining from meat and such.
Mad respect. ;)

And as far as the torture continues from the numbed of this planet, there is a balance. (pointing finger up like Merlin the Magician.)
So something must happen in the soon to come Era of mankind, to balance us all out again.

woord.

Love.

-Ramayana/20

I suport animal research when it goes towards saving lives.
I don't support animal research when it means unnecessary cruelty, ie. cheaper hair care products.
'nuff said.

envennom said:
I think that another thing that makes this issue (and most animal issues) so hard to solve is that it is exceedingly difficult to figure out how to prevent or reduce animal suffering, death, enslavement, use, abuse and neglect by man when we can't even solve these problems within our own species.

i think some might say that the two forms of oppression (marked by suffering, death, enslavement, use, abuse and neglect by man, as you've pointed out) of animals and our own species are two symptoms of the same problem. that problem is or is at least justified through some logic of domination, some might argue; i've posted a bit about that logic of domination a few pages back.

i think animal testing is good but we shouldnt test bullshit products on them like fucking lipstick and supposed "herbal" shampoo which is really just a bunch of lab-made chemicals

what justsomeguy said
oppression of humans and animals can/should/will be solved at the same time.
we don't have to free women first to know how to free men after. we can free everyone at once.
the same with different species. there's only one oppression