• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does anyone else here never get nauseous when taking DXM/Guaifenesin pills?

Sauce Boss

Greenlighter
I have seen many posts about guaifenesin making people miserably nauseous when taking recreational doses of Dextromethorphan. However, I have taken very large doses of guaifenesin (5+ grams) and never felt anything other than gas pains. While I know DXM should never be used recreationally in multi-component products, the information I have seen says that guaifenesin is not dangerous, just generally unpleasant. Has this happened to anyone else here or am I just lucky for my body chemistry?

Thanks in advance for your input,
Sauce Boss

Last edited:
Youre right that DXM only products are best, but if really no other alternative, guaifenesin is probably the safest other drug commonly found together with DXM. Nausea and vomitting are common side effects of guaifenesin as you also said but you dont get those so think youre good. Still buy DXM only when you can.

Kittycat5 is correct. If you must get something with an ingredient other than DXM, guaifenesin is the ONLY, and that's pushing since you're still eating grams and grams of the stuff.

And guifenesin is an expectorant. Which mean is loosen stuff up and expels it. So expect massive nausea and vomiting. But once you throw up, I've found from these big nasty white pills, (spot on deadly aim too :) it's usually only once or twice, and then the nausea is gone, and BAM then DXM comes up QUICK! :)