• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does anyone else have this same problem?

All I can say is if you can consume and entire fifth of hard liquor and still be standing, you better keep a close eye on your liver because it sounds like it's having to work overtime, even if only every other weekend. Be safe dude!

It's like that because obviosuly we cannot BAN or STOP alcohol, the impact would be too much as people need to DESTRESS themselves and bar licences etc, legit alcohol use and industal use. However all OTHER drugs are "drugs" ulike alcohol which is NOT a drug, it's a solvent. (^^). I really over the years have seen both sides of this argument over and dam over my opinion is this:

All DRUGS should be legalised to those that GENUINALLY NEED it and research. I believe tight control has this well held back.
I wont say what people should take or shouldnt it's EVERYONES choice there fore decrimionise the use of uses for rec, self-med, addiction
however no drug should be AS easy as alcohol to buy. If amphetamines and heroin were as easy TO RANDOM JOE to get then society would be dead and I KNOW people CAN already get them but thats if they KNOW a dealer and willing to take that risk. Alcohol is bad enough, imagine if we had aload of mixers.

So what is more addictive? Here is hard because opiates arnt that bad from illness over a benzo/booze habit which can (rare cases usually) kill you or damage your brain. However the nature of heroin addiction is different women steal from thier dads, dads beat thier family while they rattle (maybe this person was already violent just bought it out) and mums will leave children and sell themselves..........

So you see the harms and dangers and I would blame drugs to some degree but more as a problem to society.

I think dangerious drugs should be made legal because they are just that dangerious (mainly looking at diamorphine scripts here and NOT LEGAL but prescription under SOME cercumstances). Cars are dangerious if we had them made by someone and his mates and no learning to drive, however testes, etc prevent that - this works for alcohol and 501,022 things why not 'rugs.

I think another problem is someone SAYS something I don't mean here I mean in gen about drugs and everyone spreads it and 10000s of people who diss believe schools GO THE OPPERSITE and believe that just 'cuz they have a drink might as well try heroin. School anti-propergarage sucks.

Corrnation st (uk soap show) has a new thing about some Ryan lad Whos a "druggie" now because he did ccocaine once and is living in the toilet, hes in the pub and the only one using coke too. Everyone is all "druggy" with thier pints in thier hand - I fucking hate this.

Makes perfect sense. Government can't tax pot if we all grow it. Therefore unleash the propaganda...

That is not why marijuana is illegal. Did you know that you can brew your own beer at home too? ANd yet the government seems to make plenty of tax revenue on that. It takes a lot of effort to grow primo buds in order yo do it indoors, you need a lot of equipment. The average person isn't going to bother, and therefore there would still be a huge market for marijuana.

Furthermore, the government did ban alcohol but it was a colossal failure and thats why alcohol is legal today. Marijuana prohibition hasn't worked very well either and slowly laws are changing. However, marijuana had not yet reached the level of social acceptability that alcohol had, thus making it easier to ban.

One fact of the human race is people are always more afraid of the devil they don't know, vs the devil they know. So during prohibition, most people regardless of their stance on alcohol, were familiar with its effects and knew what to expect should prohibition be repealed. However, most people were ignorant about marijuana and did not know what to expect from it, thus they were scared to make it legal.

Last edited:
Furthermore, the government did ban alcohol but it was a colossal failure and thats why alcohol is legal today. Marijuana prohibition hasn't worked very well either and slowly laws are changing. However, marijuana had not yet reached the level of social acceptability that alcohol had, thus making it easier to ban.

I'll preface this by saying I don't even enjoy smoking pot.

I just wish culture could get to the point where it could recognize simple facts. If and when this ever happens pot should theoretically become more socially acceptable than drinking. It certainly has many fewer side effects, and nowhere near the destructive power that alcohol has on peoples lives.

Society is not a logical creature though.

I notice that any and every substance/high is inferior to that of an opioid. Alcohol is shite, but I drink it occasionally anyway. I'd much rather puff a pipe and/or take some xanax than drink.

^ I would rather as well, but usually instead I end up drinking, and it has nothing to do with what's more socially acceptable. I'm just drawn to it for some reason, and I'm trying to work on that.

Leads me to believe even more that the drink is evil stuff.