• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does anyone else have this problem?

evil monkey

Greenlighter
I've been taking opiods for 5 years now and i just recently became a member of the suboxone club. i started the subs about

3 months ago. My body no longer is numb and i am ejaculating prematurely. Is this normal? or am i going to have to go back to

my old ways. i feel like my girlfriend is no longer satisfied.

Any ideas:?

Sexual issues are common with opioids. What dosage were you using before (of what opiate?) and what dosage and dosage schedule are you on now with Suboxone?

Hmm...usually Suboxone causes issues with not being able to reach orgasm...

I'm sure somebody will come along and be able to help you though... :)

Have you tried preventative measures? Like using desensitizing creams or thicker condoms or both? If all else fails...stick your dick in as much coke as scarface stuck his face in at the end of the movie :p

And I have the problem NT is talking about...

being an-orgasmic fucking sucks...Sometimes it will take me an hour of TRYING to cum before I'm able to...

Yes, I believe I've had sex while not under the influence of opioids around five times. While on suboxone or methadone, I find that I can at least achieve orgasm, but it takes a hell of a long time. I think I might have under-sensitivity in general as well.

As for your predicament, i would bet that a lot of it is psychological. Stressing out about being unable to satisfy your partner before you have sex is definately going to make you focus more on the issue, which is then going to result most likely in more premature ejaculation. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to let this bother you. I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that you're relatively young and that this will just be a phase as you get used to life without full agonists. Also, I would just find other ways to satisfy your girlfriend that don't necessarily involve your main member- that will make YOU more confident, and it should keep her happy (as well as show her that you care) . I think we give too much power to our penises in the first place.

^Spot on advice.
The last time I quit a long term dope run(6 months or so) and jumped back on Subs, I would pop in like 30 seconds. I could also reload and go again immediately. It was bizarre, but I just assumed that I had just gained back a ton of sensitivity, and I would snap back to normalcy once I got used to being able to properly feel my dick again.
I feel like it was just because of that belief, assumption that I was able to return to normal quickly after. If I had let it get to my head and started worrying about being quick, I definitely think it could have become a problem.
Sex is so, so much about confidence and positive thinking. If you believe that things will be OK, they will be. If you work yourself into a lather about busting quick, it will probably continue. Don't worry about it. Assure yourself that you just put yourself through a huge psychological and physiological change, and that once your body adjusts, which it will do, you'll be fine.

Long term use of Opioids and SSRIs has completely wiped out my sex drive. I'm not complaining though!

Yeah. My now ex man had this issue but he wasn't even on Suboxone. It was awful we never had sex while he was shooting dope OR when he was sober. I'm a woman so I can't really give advice, but I know that I have a difficult time climaxing on Suboxone. I think that's common for girls.

Whenever I first switched to bupe from MMT, I had the opposite reaction.

Your suboxone dose is to high. Consider going down to 8mg then from there if you can go down to 4mgs a day you should have way less side effects. I got the most out of subs on 4mgs a day. Once you lower your dose you'll adjust back.

^^^ I agree with the above post...Could you try dropping you dose a bit?I am female, but i have had a few men friends go through sexual disturbances while on medication...I think thats what it is too OP, its more of a disturbance than something that is a life long problem...
If you lady loves you dude, she will stick with you...Sex is not everything to a relationship IMHO..Granted its a good part...but the fact that its concerning you should show her that your are doing something about it and not accepting it..Is there anyway you could read through some other threads here and find HER some reading material so she can understand your predicament a bit more?

I also think you should try and get down to 8 mg twice a day, and thats still alot..8 mg a day would be better...but take small steps is my advice....

My dads one of the biggest heroin users ive ever known, hes done like 6 detoxes a year for 40 years!! I think he was doing them everytime he got broke and had nothing to hock for gear!! BUT he only takes 16mg once a day...And he had a fucking roaring habbit...16 mg a day also held me when i went on it from over 600mg of oxy a day...I believe there must be some room here for you to cut your intake down mate...It will really benefit you in many more ways than sexual...in the long run...

I dont mean to presume anything about you or your habbit, and im not a fan of generalising, its just in my time (on and off for around 10 yrs) of taking soboxone ive never met* anyone who needed more than 16mg once a day...

Are you any good at foreplay? You dont need to answer that question, its just a hint...Some times when things arent going the way you planned, have a muck about..Sex isnt all about the penis..A few toys wont set you back much, and you dont need to get kinky about it ifn you dont want...Just grab the essentials..lube and a dildo....and try that?

All the best, i hope you work it out soon...And i hope your lady stands by her man....

* i realise there are people out there who do need more than 16 mg a day, I said ive never MET any one who does...I know you exist, i just that i personally have never crossed paths with an addict that truly NEEDED or has been scripted more than 16mg..

Last edited:
yeah when i first got on suboxone a few years ago one of the first things i noticed was i was actually able to reach orgasm rather than loosing wood/interest when i was on pills. everyones different...

Ha I am still avoiding woman since I got off dope cause I KNOW what's gonna happen... Goodbye superman, you're a normal person when you hit the sack now haha. If I meet a bad enough bitch, I'm going straight to the dopeman and then the hotel though hahahaha.

^It's a lovely idea, and I'm sure it would have the desired, numbing effects. It's just that...... When presented with a kilo sized mound of cocaine I doubt my or anyone's first thought would be, "How could I use this to my advantage, sexually?"
My thought would be more along the lines of, "I'm gonna snort this, eat it, stick some under my eyelids, in my ears, in a syringe, and perhaps even up my ass!" "Fucking ASAP!" Lovely idea, though(Yes, I realize you were joking about the whole thing. :).

Maybe a little..... After I'm done. In a couple months....

I have not tried with suboxone but I can tell ya I would never be able to cum while on any opiate, shit would piss me off

As for me i am a 23 year old male, I have had premature ejaculation problems since my first sexual experience at 13 and it greatly effected my relationships with all the girls i was with. I started on pain pills ie. Hydros, percs and ocs about 4 years ago, I found that in high doses it helped me too hold out longer but i had to be so doped up that I would end up nodding off during which my gf at the time wasn't quite pleased about. then when i decided to get off the pain pills with the help of suboxen I was single and wasn't sexually active with anyone, was doing good started out at 8mg a day and had worked my way down to a little less than a mg a day so I was sure I would have the habit kicked for good in no time. But then I met my current gf and we were together 3 months before we had sex not bc I didn't want to do it but bc i was afraid she would leave me or cheat on me after realizing i couldnt last for more than 2 mins. But finally it happened and what a surprise to me 2 minutes passed no p.e 10 mins passed still hadn't happened which was a record for me 30 minutes of amazing passionate love making. She says it was amazing and the best she's ever had which I have NEVER been told by a girl before. She knew I was on the subs and had requested I drop em for good as she had just recently given up a pill habit. So I stopped and the next day we started having sex and not even 3 mins in I ejaculated. Thought maybe just my body gettin use to being without the subs, but after 2 weeks of the same thing and seeing the let down look in her eyes I started back on subs but without her knowing. We have been together 2 years and as far as she knows ive been clean a year and a half, I hate lying to her about my use but i can't lose her to my problem I care way to deeply for her. So I'm not really sure what to do, I want to be clean for me and for her but i know what comes with that so I don't know what to do. Sorry for the long drawn out story just wanted Yall to have a little background any advice or helpful words would be more than greatly appreciated!!!!