• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does anyone else dislike large bongs?

ChipTrippyFox

Bluelighter
Specifically for smoking, I dislike over extravagant bongs with several layers and percs for days.
By the time the smoke reaches my lungs it seems to have gone super stale and tastes like crap and makes my throat hurt easily.

I don't have this problem when smoking out of smaller bongs less than 12"

Don't get me wrong, I think large complicated bongs are BEAUTIFUL.. But I would much rather watch someone take a hit from it than do it myself.
I always wonder though.. are the hits as good as they say they are? Are they trying to like it more than they do, or am I doing it wrong? :p

Dabbing seems to be okay though.

Yeah, i don't like elaborate bongs.
But having said that - i don't really like bongs at all.
If i'm going to smoke weed, it's in a joint - or a pipe, in a pinch (if i've got no weed or need to make it real quick).

Besides that, i only vape nowadays. Bongs, to me, are just kinda dirty and unnecessary. In terms of elaborate smoking paraphernalia, vaporisers are the only thing i like. Easier on the lungs, and IMO a cleaner, nicer high.

I like my bong to hold juuuuuuust about a lungful of smoke... so I guess it's really more appropriate to call 'em bubblers, but nonetheless they're still bongs to me.

Yeah, i don't like elaborate bongs.
But having said that - i don't really like bongs at all.
If i'm going to smoke weed, it's in a joint - or a pipe, in a pinch (if i've got no weed or need to make it real quick).

Besides that, i only vape nowadays. Bongs, to me, are just kinda dirty and unnecessary. In terms of elaborate smoking paraphernalia, vaporisers are the only thing i like. Easier on the lungs, and IMO a cleaner, nicer high.

I agree personally.
Vaping is way way way better IMHO but something about me still likes taking a rip from a bong. I like to put a bit of tobacco in the bottom of the bowl

Yes I hate big bongs because your using more breath before the smoke enters your lungs therefore unable to smoke a big bong in one, mostly anyways. Depends how big Those lungs are ?

Yes I hate big bongs because your using more breath before the smoke enters your lungs therefore unable to smoke a big bong in one, mostly anyways. Depends how big Those lungs are ?
This is a good point. I've tried doing a quick exhale when the smoke starts getting full in the bong but it seems to just make it taste so much worse somehow.

Mines about 18 inches, no percolator but glass on glass with a nice down stem diffuser. It hits like a dream, cylinder shape base. Not worth having anything too elaborate.

agreed, large elaborate bongs are unnecessary.

i have a medium sized beaker bong. need to get a proper down-stem and slider, though.

A medium size bong with the least amount of drag is best for me.

So this means the larger 18mm bowl on top of a stem-less down going through a single honeycomb filter works great when I to bong.

Salutations,

ZERO water toys: life's so much simpler when there's just no need for it...

Good day, have fun!! =D

When i smoked bud i hated all bongs/waterpipes.

They are in my opinion a huge waste of green and usually provide too big of hits that are usually harsh and a lot of the time the smoke goes stale before even reaching your lungs, they are also messy and a bitch to transport around and hide and smell too much, which is a problem when trying to hide it.

I collect glass. Nothing frightfully expensive except for a pHx honeycomb stemless (which I rarely use, too scared)

My preference is for 12-16 inches with diffusion. Could be a simple downstem or percs. I'm fond of inverted mushroom, showerhead and disc percs. Low drag. I'm starting to dislike tree arm percs more and more because of the drag.

S0z9Jea.jpg

That's what I have at the moment, and it isn't hard to see which pieces get the most use. Casualties include multiple bongs, ashcatchers and a 4 chambered Sherlock bubbler :(

Tom

By the time the smoke reaches my lungs it seems to have gone super stale and tastes like crap and makes my throat hurt easily. .
Sorry to break this to you bud but your smoking it wrong remember dont smoke it like a ciggarate or joint inhale lift your finger then inhale deeply and then slowly exhale.

You're doin' somethin' wrong if smoking a bong always hurts :|

But it's not rocket science? Smoking a bong is pretty straight forward, and it's probably the smoothest way to smoke it. Or a nice bubbler. You can get nice one hitter bowls and pack just enough for one fat rip. I love it.

Salutations Cream Gravy,

...probably the smoothest way to smoke...

There are 2 errors here: 1) it's about smoke; 2) it's about being possibly the smoothest.

M'well... 1 item taken separately already invites debate, then the juxtaposition of both just kills me! Please consider this option is no universal option at all and hence YMMV, to say the least.

But one doesn't reason an affair of "love" and i'm no prohibitionist neither. Yet i don't feel like sharing an ashtray...

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
I love them and im also scared of them if you know what I mean I had one once after having two codeine tabs and nearly fainted I havent smoked a big bong in a whlie i cut dwn to splif etc but i do have the odd few crumbs etc.

Salutations Cream Gravy,

There are 2 errors here: 1) it's about smoke; 2) it's about being possibly the smoothest.

M'well... 1 item taken separately already invites debate, then the juxtaposition of both just kills me! Please consider this option is no universal option at all and hence YMMV, to say the least.

But one doesn't reason an affair of "love" and i'm no prohibitionist neither. Yet i don't feel like sharing an ashtray...

Good day, have fun!! =D
I still think my bong hits smooth. Especially with really good weed that already hits well. If you hack up a lung each time you smoke a bong, you're probably getting poorly cured weed or somethin'.

Last edited:
That's just the thing; I don't want to have to fit into a tiny margin or error just to get a good hit. Why would I want to spend money on a big elaborate bong that I have to caudle rather than a small one that does the trick easy peasy .

Not every bong hurts, just really big ones.
I'm also a spoiled vaporizer fan so I'm really finicky about how the smoke feels.