• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Does anybody get anxiety/panic attacks with coke but still do it?

Stringer_Bell

Bluelighter
I've only used coke a few times. But today I used it and got a bad panic attack. I think I did too many lines in too short a time. I have a history of panic attacks.

I'm not sure that I never want to do coke again, I do like doing it occasionally. But it seems a bit stupid to do it if i'm going to get the negative effects. I'm not sure whether taking a xanax beforehand can mellow out the anxiety (I did it once and it was a much nicer high).

Anyway, does anyone manage to ignore the anxiety and do the coke anyway? I think if I do end up doing it again i'll just take small amounts.

I don't know about cognitively ignoring the anxiety, but cocaine is addictive enough that it will definitely cause people to feel that it's just an acceptable symptom of use and do it anyway. But if it's making you feel like shit in this way, that can leak out and cause more panic attacks while you're not using coke.
Anecdote: I used to shoot coke (and not even that often really), and every shot I did caused me to vomit shortly after the plunger went down. I haven't shot coke in probably five years, but to this day any time I think about doing it I vomit. That's how strong that mental/physical association is. So be careful with this as it could easily affect your life outside of use.

I don't know about cognitively ignoring the anxiety, but cocaine is addictive enough that it will definitely cause people to feel that it's just an acceptable symptom of use and do it anyway. But if it's making you feel like shit in this way, that can leak out and cause more panic attacks while you're not using coke.
Anecdote: I used to shoot coke (and not even that often really), and every shot I did caused me to vomit shortly after the plunger went down. I haven't shot coke in probably five years, but to this day any time I think about doing it I vomit. That's how strong that mental/physical association is. So be careful with this as it could easily affect your life outside of use.

Thank you very much indeed for the reply. Yes, I'm questioning whether this is worth it and the trouble I could get into with this drug. Even after suffering a massive and scary panic attack I just did another line. I can already see how addictive it can be and I'm not going to go down that road.

I think I made the mistake of redosing much too regularly. I was feeling fine but then it all seemed to hit me at once. Do you think leaving an hour between lines is long enough?

I've only used coke a few times. But today I used it and got a bad panic attack. I think I did too many lines in too short a time. I have a history of panic attacks.

I'm not sure that I never want to do coke again, I do like doing it occasionally. But it seems a bit stupid to do it if i'm going to get the negative effects. I'm not sure whether taking a xanax beforehand can mellow out the anxiety (I did it once and it was a much nicer high).

Anyway, does anyone manage to ignore the anxiety and do the coke anyway? I think if I do end up doing it again i'll just take small amounts.

It's a side effect of coke, because it's non selective. I usually block my excess adrenaline with 0.05-0.1mg Clonidine, if adrenaline bothers me like, in interviews or stressful situations.

Maybe if you took your medication orally like any medication belongs to be taken and you stopped believing that you're doing something wrong the panic attacks would go away.

It's a side effect of coke, because it's non selective. I usually block my excess adrenaline with 0.05-0.1mg Clonidine, if adrenaline bothers me like, in interviews or stressful situations.

Maybe if you took your medication orally like any medication belongs to be taken and you stopped believing that you're doing something wrong the panic attacks would go away.

Hi Ksa,

Many thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated.

When you say, take medication orally, do you mean I should take the coke orally? Nobody does that right? Sorry I think I misundersood your point.

The panic attacks freak me out but I shouldn't be at much risk right? I'm fit, no heart problems and am doing far less than 1g over the whole day. If I really were overdosing or about to croak I think fear wouldn't be the main symptome, it would be something more like pain.

I really like doing this drug but I'm already worried about becoming addicted (I've only done coke four times in my life - the first time was just two small lines, the second time, one reasonable sized line, the third time a few lines over the course of the day and then today where I've been doing small lines every hour). Do you think it's possible for the average person to use this drug responsibly. If so, any tips? Once a month would be ok? Only do it in social settings.

The other thing is I've got some oxycodone and was planning to take 10 mg after I'm done with the coke for the day. I've researched this quite a lot and some people think it's dangerous but others think it's a good way to come down (I hate the coke comedown).

Sorry for my stupid questions. I have done my research but I'm just a bit anxious with all this today. Really appreciate the replies.

Do you think it's possible for the average person to use this drug responsibly.

Responsibility means 3 things basically, duty, obligation and liability. If when reading these 3 words your eyes light up in pleasure as though I wrote down pussy, tits and blowjob, then you can use coke responsibly.

Thank you. Ok, after my use today I don't know how anybody handles cocaine. Everytime I have done some it has produced brief euphoria followed by a longer period of severe anxiety. I can see why many people only take coke when they're drinking.

I'm not sure what to do. Either never use again or only use in combination with a benzo or opiate, which seems even more dangerous. And this coke is pure (EZ tested myself and it's been EC tested). Dammit, why can't I enjoy nice things?!

Edit: Sorry, I just would really appreciate your opinions on one thing specifically. Do you think anxiety is significant as an indicator of danger? Or do you think it's just that, anxiety? I know most people here aren't doctors and won't take anything said as gospel but it's a question i'm very interested in.

Last edited:
I never tried coke, however be careful when mixing benzo's and cocaine.

Well you obviously have the mental addiction already otherwise you wouldn't be pursuing this thread

And believe me when I say that you don't want to be addicted to cocaine....I can't tell you the number of friends that have had their lives ruined by cocaine.....it drove my best friend to Suicide (he was also abusing OxyContin)

I used to use cocaine as a tool. I was heavily addicted to IV heroin, and I would do a speedball when I would have to do a scam and not be nodding. Sure it felt like I was getting a blowjob from an angel, and tasted like I was eating an eclair filled with pure awesome...but it was an ends to a means. I did not like the stimulation, and for the small amount of euphoria attained from the cocaine it was not worth it. I always felt scattered and paranoid after the "high" wore off.

I suggest you stop while you still have your wits about you. Cocaine, as with most drugs of abuse, can become very expensive fast, however, it is not the material things that you need to worry about, but rather the friends and loved ones that will distance themselves from you as you slowly make that manic strut towards insanity.

good luck.

Peacephrog, I'm not saying you're wrong but I've used coke now 5 times in my life. Do you really think I could already be addicted? I think I was mentally addicted to prescription amphetamines but I stopped taking those easily enough so I'm not that worried at this stage. I appreciate your input very much though. Cocaine addictions sounds horrendous.

Manboy, thank you also for your post.

Wow - does it really come across as that grim for me? As I say I've used coke 5 times and i've only combined coke with opiates once. You guys are scaring me!

Edit: I mean, what is it that I've posted that makes you think I'm heading down some dark path, given how minimal my use has been? Do you guys think it's possible to use drugs (let's ignore weed) recreationally and not end up ruining your life? Do either of you still do drugs? Sorry for all the questions but I'm interested. My main concern was the panic and anxiety, not long term addiction. But it's something I obviously hae to be aware of.

Peacephrog - I looked at some of your forum posts and it seems you're much more into psychedlics and the like. If I'm going to use drugs at all, do you think I'd be better sticking to taking MDMA occasionally (I won't do true psychedelics after a terrible LSD experience years ago) rather than messing around with coke?

Last edited:
Responsibility means 3 things basically, duty, obligation and liability. If when reading these 3 words your eyes light up in pleasure as though I wrote down pussy, tits and blowjob, then you can use coke responsibly.

LOL. This is the best thing I've read on the internet so far today.

I am not into stimulants, they we're never my thing.

I can do coke and not crave it, but I have friends who can't even drink a couple of beers without immediately doing whatever it takes to find some coke(most of them have graduated to crack)

It's just a horrendous drug with little to no redeeming value, plus it's very expensive.

It will eat your soul

fWIW I smoked crack with one friend in particular prolly 12 times over the course of 3 months and I started having dreams about it. That was the end of the line for me, I swore that I would never do it again. Now if I'm a party and it's offered to me (powder not rock) I'll do it, but that's the extent of it

MDMA is so much more fun....I maybe do that 3 times a year

Thank you. I have some very good MDMA (tested with multiple reagents) but haven't taken it yet. I think maybe I'm going to forget the coke and just do MDMA at festivals, which won't be more than a couple of times a year. The only reason I haven't taken the MDMA is because I'm a bit scared it will be too intense and cause really bad panic. I can always take a couple of xanax if that happens right?

Cocaine is ridiculous. I don't know how it's so popular. It's horrible - 15 mins of feeling good followed by horrible anxiety/depression (at least for me). The only part of taking it I like is chopping up lines, snorting it and then experiencing the immediate mood uplift.

I'm dropping this before it gets out of hand. I can relate to what you say about dreams. I had those the week after I first tried cocaine and they scared me too. Enough of this.