• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does anybody else get EVERY effect from Marijuana? Like every listed side effect both positive and negative?

eBagger

Bluelighter
Been smoking for almost 20 years on and off I can honestly say I think I get EVERY SINGLE EFFECT from Marijuana since I started smoking.

-Laughing my ass off at stupid shit
-Enhanced food taste
-Slowing down of time
-Sleepy
-Slight Psychedelic (When oral or when I first started)
-Anxiety/Panic Attack
-Anxiety Relief
-Increased interest in sex
-Decreased interest in sex (more concentrated on what I’m doing)
-Increased pain/ concentrate on pain
-Pain Relief
-More interest in whatever activity doing
-Vidya more fun
-Gets me motivated to workout/awesome workout
-Makes me lethargic and skip a workout

Know what I mean?

Like when I first started smoking the Psychedelic was mild but ya almost felt like you were in like an alternate place where time goes by super slow and cookies taste amazing.

I’ve had times in my life where it made me so paranoid and put me in a negative thought loop I’d seek a benzo and have to stop smoking. Recently I found a type of shatter I love that initially causes mild anxiety the first few minutes but then relaxes me for the next 4-6 hours.

In the past couple years I get mostly all positive side effects. Just more entertained, better sleep, better blood pressure, more creative, all the good stuff. Makes it worse when I run dry cause I have to get back on my blood pressure medication. But I’m about to get some shatter after being dry for almost 3 months thank God. The inspiration for this post.

Salutations eBagger,

Maybe i missed the relevant part but i didn't find what i'd tag as psycho-somatic physical manifestations occuring *BEFORE* an actual intoxication...

🕊️

No.

I know people who don’t get munchies, people rendered useless upon smoking and not motivated for anything, get really paranoid or never get paranoia from it etc.

In short all kind of different reactions ranging from totally negative to totally positive depending on person.

No.

I know people who don’t get munchies, people rendered useless upon smoking and not motivated for anything, get really paranoid or never get paranoia from it etc.

In short all kind of different reactions ranging from totally negative to totally positive depending on person.
ive also noticed this can change with people sometimes too but they usually change the way they use it too

I’m an example of that. Used to be stoner, well more or less always poly-drug user but for me and also for many of my friends and girls weed was, you know like a “baseline drug”, smoking 24/7 and doing psychedelics during weekends and sometimes more often than that while simultaneously indulging into other drugs too with various intensity, sometimes bordering on insanity, even by “our teams” standards while still preserving sharp brain & relatively healthy body & spicy social life.

But after about of decade of a good run I fucked up and got addicted to 3 devils from opiate, benzo and stimulant family. After that experience I figured out smoking weed 24/7 was addiction as much as I wouldn’t accept that notion back than, no way… I would dismiss it same as notion that I’m addicted to drugs or music or adventure…weed was just a nice smelling add-on. Nowadays I see how it can be used in a much better way. I light up a joint and it’s like when I started, all the good, real medicinal effects. And when I start to smoke it regularly again I’ll surely get a lot more from it then when, in fact, I was abusing weed.

I've been using cannabis for 50 years, but with a few short breaks. Also used and abused other drugs throughout-- mainly alcohol but also coke, opioids, benzos, and meth. I tend to go thru 2 to 10 year phases.

In my teens and early 20s I was a total stoner: wake'n'bake and all that. Slowed down in my late 20s thru 40s but still smoked daily. In my 50s I didn't smoke much. At 63 I'm a daily smoker but very little-- like 3 or 4 puffs every evening.

Yes, I have experienced every effect (both positive and negative) but at different times. It has varied with my age and the amount consumed.

I was thinking exactly this earlier today. I'm starting to think the negatives outweigh the positives tbh.

i got really slowed down time when i first started smoking. like i had trails and everything was in slow motion. weed really lost this effect for me really fast then it turned into just like a buzz feeling with light psychedelic effects... i'm not sure if i would want to have kept the slow motion part of the high. i remember enjoying myself, but it's not really an all the time thing.

the same thing with getting the giggles, this experience went away after a while... even if i go on breaks, like i've been six months in high school and three months once and a couple of weeks other times, it's always the same high now, no more giggles and no more slow motion. it makes going on breaks pointless for me.

something i notice thats different from when i was early 20s (now im early 30s) is that i can go all day without it then enjoy it in the evenings in fact i prefer to do it that way
Yeah I'm kinda like that lately, even though I usually push it up to early evening/late morning and kinda regret it. Once I get my morning workout in I'm like welp...fuck it time to smoke! I switched to smoking only concentrate just because I feel better not inhaling an entire bowl or two of plant matter, but that comes with new challenges. If I take a teeny tiny hit I'm high but still pretty functional, but if I'm gaming or getting into something I want to be pretty high, but then a couple hits or a giant hit and I go straight into "I'm tired as fuck and sore I'm gonna "recover" and take a nap" and scrap my original plans. I can't complain because improved sleep is one of the reasons I smoke in the first place, I just need to plan my hits better or stick to smoking later.

I'll still smoke mostly for the medical benefit but with this potent ass concentrate its like hour 0-1 I get a range of effects ranging from mostly positive to a little negative, hour 1-2 I'm high but happy, and hour 3-6 I'm calm and relaxed and content in whatever I'm doing. Like I feel a monk whose always enjoying the moment even if I'm being totally unproductive. A possible negative but shit after you exhaust yourself physically it kinda tricks your mind into thinking "I can relax now". I couldn't smoke without exercise at my current stage of life.

Yeah I'm kinda like that lately, even though I usually push it up to early evening/late morning and kinda regret it. Once I get my morning workout in I'm like welp...fuck it time to smoke! I switched to smoking only concentrate just because I feel better not inhaling an entire bowl or two of plant matter, but that comes with new challenges. If I take a teeny tiny hit I'm high but still pretty functional, but if I'm gaming or getting into something I want to be pretty high, but then a couple hits or a giant hit and I go straight into "I'm tired as fuck and sore I'm gonna "recover" and take a nap" and scrap my original plans. I can't complain because improved sleep is one of the reasons I smoke in the first place, I just need to plan my hits better or stick to smoking later.

I'll still smoke mostly for the medical benefit but with this potent ass concentrate its like hour 0-1 I get a range of effects ranging from mostly positive to a little negative, hour 1-2 I'm high but happy, and hour 3-6 I'm calm and relaxed and content in whatever I'm doing. Like I feel a monk whose always enjoying the moment even if I'm being totally unproductive. A possible negative but shit after you exhaust yourself physically it kinda tricks your mind into thinking "I can relax now". I couldn't smoke without exercise at my current stage of life.
at least you are getting a workout in first before using it and not getting so high you cannot be bothered with workout, i feel ya on the sore afterwards part lol comes with age i guess

I work with a lot of 20-30-somethings who love to vape on the job. Fine. You do you. But not me. Weed always slows down time for me and that's the last thing I want at work.