• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does addiction exist? Or is it simply a defect of brain chemicals from a substance

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
Is addiction even a real phenomenon, or is it a combination of maladapted neuroplasticity that grows in the brain where substance use becomes apart of the Psyche, aka Glutamate related brain changes in chronic amp/cocaine users, mixed with extreme physical /psycopain grief from Defecits in Brain chemicals from usage of a substabce, usually the brain chemical that was low to begin with that the user began using to correct?

Aka Heroin addiction is a product of having naturally low Dopamine/endoprhins and making it lower by downregulating it with Heroin use in conjunction with neuroadaption to have it a habit forming Step of ones day?

Is this why 30-60 day detoxes usually work somewhat? since the brain kinda restarts itself with new neuroplasticity, yet you are still left with memories of how to fill in the Gap of the neurotansmitter you are lacking?

Physical dependency is unquestionably real.
Psychological addiction can be disected and debated critically from both sides for hours.....

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ yes, addiction exists.
sorry, but there's a fair bit of fundamental misunderstanding in your post bandit.

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ yes, addiction exists.
sorry, but there's a fair bit of fundamental misunderstanding in your post bandit.

The brain gains a real life Adaptation to pursue and secure/consume the substance. These are Glutamate releasing related Pangs.

Also, the user doesn't like the feeling of missing/withdrawing from the neurochemical he/she lacked/now lacks more. These are psychological feelings of being aware of Low dopamine, low serotonin, low this, low that etc.

I see it as that

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ could you define 'Pangs' more specifically for me please? i don't quite grasp it as it is rn

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ could you define 'Pangs' more specifically for me please? i don't quite grasp it as it is rn

You HAVE to have it, even if you wont die from staying in one place and not getting it, not moving toward consuming it. Your head is itching to preform the steps to acquire it, your body motions are tied to a glutamate impulse of must have it or spontaneously combust. shut down. You imagine the contrast between you now, and the feeling of it kicking in/acquired. The pangs are the itches that develop from Habit forming behavior, the glutamate related brain changes that give an addict the infinite motor tuning to keep using.

Then theres the feeling of the literal Low neurotransmitter, tarnished receptor, which is the depressive side of addiction where you feel complete lack of something.

Its that Benzo withdrawal type feeling of Glutamate energy. Where you feel your motory response is wired to preform the tasks leading to consumption/acquisition. You jones to complete the compelling feeling but its separate from the

Awareness of what is lacking and desire to use to correct a misery.

The second one is how addicts start, then you actually create brain changes that autopilot you into habitual

i'm sorry but this whole glutamate thing really isn't necessary; it's simply the mechanism whereby cells send signals to each other.
you are essentially describing how our nervous system works, and poorly.
very pretty language though - reminds me of Burroughs.

Please read forum guidelines before creating new posts. This does not fit in with the type of material we deal with in Basic Drug Discussion.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.