• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does acid change you in the long run?

My unprofessional opinion, based mostly on interacting with psychedelic users over the years, is that the most common change people tend to experience as a result of using psychedelics is a shift from viewing their relationship to the outside world as competitive to cooperative; from hostile to harmonious. For example, broadly speaking, psychedelic users seem more likely to view society as a group of people mutually benefiting each other, in a give-and-take kind of exchange; whereas non-psychedelic users will be more likely to think that you can only climb to the top by stepping on others' toes on the way up.

Obviously I'm biased toward psychedelics, since I use them a lot myself, and of course there are exceptions to every rule. That's just my two cents.

You summed it up pretty good mate. Agree that if you take psychedelics and if your doing for the long haul you will be changed with how you views things and act as person. It changed me for the better but again some people might take a more negative point to me but honestly it has for the good and I am a better person for it. I am extremely more open minded and accepting than I was pre.

LSD completely changed my reality, like my perception has never been the same and it's been two and a half years. I do not regret it. However, it was the most terrifying thing in my whole life and I nearly went insane.

I like to use the Beatle's career as a metaphor for the stages of tripping on acid multiple times.

First you're "Rubber Soul," you're all about individuality and being your true self and letting it out.

Then, "Revolver", you get a you're either with us or against us vibe and you like experimental things.

Then, "Sgt. Peppers", it becomes a regular thing with the ups and downs being expected and branching into communities that know the ropes.

"Magical Mystery Tour"- You get just far out in general.

"White Album"- You get delusional and focused on topics like spirituality and other cultures.

"Abbey Road"- You sort of lose the magic. You feel like you're holding a lot of baggage. Sort of burned out.

"Plastic Ono Band"- Disregarding things and focusing on things like mind games and therapy and new age stuff etc.

LSD enhances your experience of what you're feeling. If you are mad, you're going to be EXTREMELY mad. Lol.

Personally, LSD completely changed me. I look at certain people and think "you are you at 13 but you happen to be 23 now", but with me it's like I took a side road somewhere and am completely different.

The book sapiens suggests people have an inbuilt "air conditioning system" that controls their feelings. If you're a natural pain in the arse then while acid might make you a nice guy for a few days, eventually the air conditioning takes you back to being the same old arsehole you always were.

acid has most definitely changed me for the better. i would do just as much as i have yet... if given the choice to relive my life...

Steve Jobs always said acid was one of the top 3 most important things that ever happened to him - then he made his living by making terrified, brutalised little sweatshop kids make his products for him for tuppence happenny a year.

LSD just facilitates
it's the person does the changing only with effort and positive insight.

when the prevailing attitude is anger, or defensiveness then the mindset is enraged, inflamed, defensive and potentially over-reactive
if the person is thinking about how they have been screwed, then the mindset is also unfortunate and the predicted outcome is not positive.

set and setting.
no such thing as destiny we are writing the story continuously.

I feel like taking lsd makes me view the whole world differently. I can see people for who they really are and can tell when they are lying etc, I wish I didn't feel like this

I feel like taking lsd makes me view the whole world differently. I can see people for who they really are and can tell when they are lying etc, I wish I didn't feel like this
^^^ ...this game has no name - you will never be the same...

Why do you wish you didn't feel like this? I'll say that when I first tripped and it changed my perspective, I had a few years where I sometimes wished I could go back, but now a little later in life I wouldn't change it for anything.