View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does 3C-D exist, and if so...

StickyChron

Bluelighter
Would it be active given the generally light effects of 2C-D? 3-carbon chain amphetamines seem to work, hence 3C-E and 3C-P. Would the Dimethoxy render it inactive?

I don't really know much about chemistry, if someone wants to explain it in detail, I would love to know more.

The nomenclature is somewhat confusing here. The compound you are thinking of is called DOM

3C-E is a derivative of escaline, not 2C-E

Actually if you go from 3C-P to 3C-E and keep shortening the 4-alkoxy back to what you might call 3C-D you get TMA (TMA-1), the amphetamine version of mescaline.

So it exists, it just goes by the name TMA since there was a series made of those (1 through 6) where not the length of the 4-alkoxy chain was varied but the substitution pattern of the three methoxies. :)

But yes that is quite different from 2C-D, like Transform pointed out amphetamine versions of 2C-X are DOX, while 3C-X are amphetamine versions of escaline, proscaline, etc. Confusing and not that smart as far as names go, with all due respect for the maestro.

3C-D is DOM. The 3C-x series are 3 carbon atoms instead of 2 carbon atoms between the 4-substituted 2,5-dimethoxybenzene and the amino group. When I first heard of 3C-x series, I too thought that 2C described the 2 methoxy groups. However, that is not the case.
The 3C-x series.
25qq74o.png

3C-D is DOM. The 3C-x series are 3 carbon atoms instead of 2 carbon atoms between the 4-substituted 2,5-dimethoxybenzene and the amino group. When I first heard of 3C-x series, I too thought that 2C described the 2 methoxy groups. However, that is not the case.
The 3C-x series.
25qq74o.png

No, that's not true. The 3C-X compounds, as Solipsis said, do not refer to the DOX series. Just as the 2C-X compounds were named that way for being the 2-carbon homologues of the DOX series, which they were developed from, the 3C-X series were named as such for being 3-carbon homologues of the -escaline series, which they were developed from. Compare proscaline, which is also known as P:

400px-Proscaline_svg.svg.png

With 3C-P:

400px-3C-P_2d-skeletal.svg.png

So yes, as Solipsis said, 3C-D would be synonymous with 3,4,5-Trimethoxyamphetamine, also known as TMA, which is the 3-carbon homologue of mescaline. Compare the two below:

Mescaline:

400px-Mescaline_Structural_Formula.svg.png

And TMA:

400px-Trimethoxyamphetamine_structure.svg.png