Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Doctors in western NY area, wife in chronic pain/anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

abitterthinker

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. Hopefully this is a good area to post, as this is my first time here.

My wife and I are looking to relocate to the western New York area, Rochester, Buffalo or close by. We are currently in Florida, where my wife sees her doctors and receives legitimate prescriptions for medications she needs for various conditions including chronic pain and anxiety. We need to find doctors in the area that will in fact prescribe to her. Obviously they won't tell us over the phone and straight out asking can look bad. We're hoping anyone here might have some suggestions.

Here are the critical prescriptions we're concerned about maintaining:

Gabapentin 600mg ×3 daily
Oxycodone 15mg ×4 daily
Alprazolam 2mg ×3 daily

She also happens to be on the following, and any other information about these would be appreciated:

Nurtec 75mg as needed
Amitriptyline 50mg ×1 daily
Ventolin HFA
Epi-pen
Stelara treatments
Botox for Migraines

Thank you

Not lying, real scripts picked up at a national pharmacy. Not sure what you're trying to contribute to the conversation here. You are not even in the area to answer the question.

I have deleted the disrespectful posts. I'm sorry @abitterthinker that was not a nice way to be introduced to our forum.

Welcome to Bluelight, I'm sorry but I have no knowledge about how the American system works but I'm guessing you're going to have to contact a few PCPs and let them know about your wife's needs.

Drugs like Xanax and oxycodone are under much more scrutiny now but if your wife has legitimate need for those meds then I hope you find a Dr who will help out.

Thank you very much. They were upsetting to her, being called a liar and she was crying. So thanks again.
I'm sorry again, that's not what we allow on BL hence me deleting the messages.

Again, I wish I could give you better advice but you're just going to have to do some research on the area and ring around a few places. The best of luck to you both and I hope things work out.

Hello everyone. Hopefully this is a good area to post, as this is my first time here.

My wife and I are looking to relocate to the western New York area, Rochester, Buffalo or close by. We are currently in Florida, where my wife sees her doctors and receives legitimate prescriptions for medications she needs for various conditions including chronic pain and anxiety. We need to find doctors in the area that will in fact prescribe to her. Obviously they won't tell us over the phone and straight out asking can look bad. We're hoping anyone here might have some suggestions.

Here are the critical prescriptions we're concerned about maintaining:

Gabapentin 600mg ×3 daily
Oxycodone 15mg ×4 daily
Alprazolam 2mg ×3 daily

She also happens to be on the following, and any other information about these would be appreciated:

Nurtec 75mg as needed
Amitriptyline 50mg ×1 daily
Ventolin HFA
Epi-pen
Stelara treatments
Botox for Migraines

Thank you
Hello there and welcome to Bluelight! While we truly feel for your wife and the predicament you all find yourselves in, unfortunately asking how/where to get drugs, even legit prescriptions, is not allowed on this forum. If you look at the Posting Rules located at the top of this page (linked here) the first paragraph states (bolded for effect):
No sourcing. No exceptions! Requests or instructions on how to find drugs, where to get drugs, offers to trade drugs or drug paraphernalia, and so on are not allowed. Offering to take people to get drugs or introduce them to someone who can get them drugs, etc. This even includes prescription drugs, how to find a doctor, get on a certain drug, find a doctor to prescribe you medicinal cannabis, information about doctors such as location/price, etc. Or offers to buy/sell/give away drug paraphernalia are not allowed.
Please review all of the Posting Rules of North/South America Drug Discussion as well as all the guidelines of the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) (linked here).

@MsDiz gave excellent advice that your wife needs to find a Primary Care Physician and lay out everything you mentioned here. They may not follow the posted list completely, but hopefully they will at least begin the process of getting her on the right track. The best way to start is by calling or visiting your insurance company's website and searching for PCPs in that area. Do some research by reading their online profiles and simply call around to see if they are accepting new patients. I'm sorry it will be a lot of work but there are no shortcuts. If you have any questions about anything I have said here, please feel free to send me a PM. Since sourcing is not allowed and your question has been answered, this thread will now be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.