• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

doctor wont do a sick note

lisajane

Greenlighter
hi, i had a accident at work, tore the ligaments in my leg, and i have trouble moving, now on a walking stick, also i am awaiting surgery in september for a knee op, as my bone isnt aligned and its making movement aswell very hard, i am unable to do my job, and work dont want me in until after my op and all healed, but i cant stay off unless i get a sick note, but doctor wont do it as he says i am able to go on holiday (a week at my aunts) and i am able to sit down, but my job dont allow me to do it seating down, as i am a cleaner at a hotel, i have asked to be moved to another department, but at moment am unable to do this. please advice as so confused and now very stressed, as dont know what else to do. Thankyou

Does your doc know what you do? If so, what is his deal? He knows you were injured at work (oh that may be the issue), cant move, tore ligaments, and need surgery. Asshole.

Is he one of these company assigned physicians for workplace injuries? If so, go anywhere else. A new doc. Find a nurse. Hell, have your pharmacist write one.

Thankyou. i am making an appointment today to see another doctor, as i need it sorted, just dont understand his issue, he knew i had an accident and was rushed to a&e, he had a copy of the report, but apparently because i can still sit down i dont need time of work, i never knew being a housekeeper for a hotel means you can do it sitting down, thats impossible

Somewhat offtopic and probably none of my business, but why did you came to bluelight for this matter?