Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Doctor sells crack as a side job

weekend addiction

Bluelighter
Greeneville physician guilty of crack distribution

Posted: Jun 04, 2014 4:07 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 04, 2014 4:13 AM EDT
GREENVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A suspended Greeneville physician has pleaded guilty to crack cocaine distribution and health care fraud.

According to the U.S. attorney's office for the Eastern District of Tennessee, Robert Wayne Locklear ran two businesses - Trinity Recovery Clinic and Trinity Internal Medicine and Sleep.

Locklear admitted to law enforcement that he smoked crack before, during and after work and sometimes saw patients while he was high. He also admitted to distributing crack cocaine to others.

And Locklear admitted to letting unqualified members of his staff see patients after his excessive drug use resulted in his frequent absences from the office. He also authorized prescriptions for patients he had not seen.

Locklear pleaded guilty on Monday before U.S. District Judge J. Ronnie Greer. Sentencing is scheduled for Sept. 22.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Source:http://www.wkrn.com/story/25688136/greeneville-physician-guilty-of-crack-distribution

"It is my professional opinion that you need a blast from the crack pipe"

I would have thought a doctor would inject coke rather then smoke crack. Doctors and needles seem to be a better fit

I'm not surprised.

A lot of people do things besides their day job or a job they have as a front to the public, for a fast large amount of cash on the side.

It's been happening for centuries in the United States, and other countries.

So he's now claiming he just gave it away for free to people? LOL 8)

"Hey, you want to smoke some base/rock? Trust me, I should know. I'm a doctor!"

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think he sold crack for profit. They can label you a dealer if you share a pipe with somebody. All the story says is that he distributed it.

I wonder how his strategy of admitting to this behavior to law enforcement will work out for him