• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Doctor prescription bans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melou

Greenlighter
Hey everyone this is my first post. I was just wondering if a doctor can put in your records he suspects you of abusing opioids/pain meds etc that are prescribed and if that can follow you from doctor to doctor? My fiance has several health issues mostly brought in by botched surgeries . I am usually the one that picks up his medication etc and usually has to help him remind the doctor which ones he is currently taking. We have been to -5-10 doctors none of which will help him manage his pain or give him anything for it. Could this be the reason or what could be the issue? Just want to get help for him.

Basically yes, if his next doctor gets records from the previous doctor and so on, yes things like that can definitely follow a patient around. It's also possible he keeps running into physicians who are either afraid or refuse to properly treat legitimate pain patients. With the current opiate crisis we find ourselves in, it's not too much of a stretch that many doctors just don't want to deal with it whatsoever. Personally I find that appalling but what can you do? Good luck though!

Status
Not open for further replies.