• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Doctor is leaving. Should I ask for roxy for the time left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clem Snide

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm a long time lurker and this is my second thread here. I apologize if it's redundant or irritating but I'm having a shit time so please be kind.

My doctor is retiring in December. The closest other prescriber is a three hour drive away. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm pretty scared.

I am on hydrocodone, eight 10/325s a day. I was on roxicodone once when he was trying to find my correct dosage but I asked him to go back down to hydrocodone because roxicodone felt like the big leagues. I am addicted and misuse my meds. I can't get a good feeling from the hydros anymore, and I'm spending the majority of the month in pain because I am chasing that feeling. I can take ten at a time now and no euphoria, just a heavy sleep. (Please no CWE lectures; I'm aware of the effect APAP can have on your liver already.)

I am thinking of stopping after he goes and just using cannabis (though I am not a smoker and I don't think dealers do edibles haha). I am thinking of asking my doctor to prescribe me roxicodone for the final four months he is here. I want to have that feeling back for a little bit if I'm never going to have it again. I know this is a bad idea but is it REALLY bad? I will never go to heroin because I am a 47 year old woman with compromised mobility who lives in an extremely rural area and have not the first clue about drug dealers or whatever. Plus fentanyl terrifies me, and it's everywhere now in illicit drugs.

How much roxicodone would probably do it for me to take at once? I read here that it's 1.5x stronger than hydros. What increase from him would be good?

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it. Apologies to all I've irritated.

Last edited:
If you have that much of a need for daily drug use and also ignoring how to do it safely by consuming so much APAP, i think you have bigger problems than a 3 hour commute...

Also since youre ignoring the fact that this is a harm reduction site, i cant see this post being here much longer im afraid.

Last edited:
I'm afraid i have to agree with wheaters. None of us are irritated with you, it sounds like you've gone through a lot but you have to understand this really isn't something we can help you with.

Bluelight is a harm reduction site, we focus on how to reduce harm associated with drug use and you seem to already know about harm reduction information (CWE) but want to ignore it. Just like nobody can force anybody else to stop using drugs, we can't force you to do anything you don't want to do.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but if you end up getting on roxicodone and abusing that as a last hoorah to your opiate days, you are just going to end up more strung out at the end of december.

I'm sorry that you have untreated pain. I think if you aren't going to see another doctor after yours retires your best bet is to prepare for how to deal with coming off opiates and treating pain at the same time.

I don't want you to think we are annoyed with you or are just blowing you off but i don't believe you are thinking about the long term with this plan. You can take the roxycodone if you want but If you aren't going to continue your opiates at the end of december you need to start looking into other effective options before you get on this path. If you take the roxie's, Oxycodone is said to be 1.5x stronger than hydrocodone so that's where you should start in terms of dosage. Just scale your hydrocodone doses up to an equivalent dose of oxycodone.

I'm going to close this now. If you need any emotional support or maybe just need to vent we have a forum, "The Dark Side" that exists just for that purpose. I do wish you good luck and hope everything works out for the better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.