• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

doctor has to help

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Im doing a doctors orders diazepam dettox ive done well ive got from 20mg daily to 4mg now its hard im sweating tripping pure antisocial to humans i live in my world im also on 45mls of methadone will the meth help my benzo cluck or will my doctor put me back up to 15mg of diazy which is where i felt comfortable or should i just carry on dettoxing ?

Do you have diagnosed severe anxiety? If not I would attempt to drop the diazepam completely and rely on the methadone to keep your mood stable. When you have stabilized on 4 mg diazepam move down to 2 mg and stabilize here and see if you can go from 2 mg to 0 mg. Benzo's is a bad drug to be addicted to. Therefore, when you have come so long, I really think you should give yourself the chance and see if you can live without benzo. Keep in mind a lot of the anxiety if psychological and induced by the benzo and mig thus disappear after a few weeks clean.

If you can absolutely not handle taking no benzo's you can talk to your doctor about finding an adequate dose. But give yourself the change and give it some time. You have come so long. You can continue.

Don't expect a maintenance dose of Methadone to have any kind of meaningful effect on your day to day mood or how you feel physically. The idea is that once you're on that stable dose, it won't cause sedation or other effects one might desire from Opioids, so no, I don't think in this situation it will help in a noticeable way with your detox.

Why are you being detoxed? Is it a choice or did your prescriber tell you that you must taper? There is a big difference here. If you are tapering of your own free will and would like to go back to your 15mg dose, then why not do it? One thing you have to keep in mind about tapers, is that there will be some degree of discomfort as an inevitability. The process will most likely not be enjoyable. If you would truly like to be off of Benzodiazepines for yourself, you have to steel yourself physically and mentally for what's ahead.

Thanks guys am still awake as you can see just to say doctors in england well britain want all patients off diazepam so no i didnt have an option and i do suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks which is why ive been on them for over 20 yrs the meth does nothing in fact ive noticed sinc going from 20 back up to 45 that ive become lazy no exercise no motivation in bed a hell of a lot and worringly very self inflicted bout of lonliness i may have depression i wish i was in the states they seem to treat addiction more seriously like here you are given a script and told to f off bu tt over there there is more therapy talk etc. Thats what i need