• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you trip without your significant other?

cosmicfrequency

Bluelighter
Just wondering how many people are happy to do a trip without their bf/gf/partner/husband/wife present? I've done it a few times - and though the trip is still good, I always feel it's missing something big. I just feel more relaxed and happier when he's there. Plus it's always a really good connecting experience. What about you all?

Usually its good to do it with people who u love n like being around like bf, gf, wife or husband or even best mates. Its the set n setting that counts most.

I like it at if I'm with just my SO either at home or in nature, but if I'm at a party I prefer to be with friends because I worry if he's ok too much if he's out of my sight when he's tripping! :\ I find myself missing him a lot if we are not together when tripping but I do like the freedom too and am a bit more sociable if with just friends.

I mostly trip alone cos I spend most of my time alone. I do love to trip with an SO too though. Shared trips can be amazing, but solo voyages can be equally amazing. I just <3 tripping so either way is good for me :D

I do it either way. My wife has never tripped yet but she's going to soon. When I trip it's either with her while she's not tripping (for lower doses - maybe we're out in nature or just hanging around the house on a nice day or something), or it's alone (for full-on trips - wouldn't want to trip hard with sober people).

Love tripping along with the wife so long as we've got a babysitter. Otherwise I'm always happy to trip while she's around and sober or to be the sober one when she trips. Generally the sober one will go out of their way to ensure everything is pleasant as can be for the tripping one which is very nice and it's great to have a very trusted sitter for trials of new compounds or novel combinations.

While I also enjoy tripping away from my SO, I find that I really miss the family by the time things start tapering off if I've tripped hard. There's nothing like a snuggle and hugs with the ones you love the most to ease you back into the world or help you deal with shell shock. <3

Tripping with the significant other is a stock standard thing, atleast for me.

However I find tripping on my own to be much more interesting, while human interaction can create some interesting conversations and situations, I find I can do 'more' in solitude.

It's hard to explain but I feel more happens around me when I'm on my own. I'm sure that's just me going koo koo though.

My missus would prefer a line of coke or an E over a tab of acid or some shrooms any day.

Just not her kind of thing, and I respect that.

I trip with my gf all the time. I don't really enjoy being with sober people on most substances.

I do it either way. My wife has never tripped yet but she's going to soon. When I trip it's either with her while she's not tripping (for lower doses - maybe we're out in nature or just hanging around the house on a nice day or something), or it's alone (for full-on trips - wouldn't want to trip hard with sober people).

Ive tripped with sober people and its the worst. I hate it when they think that uve gone crazy lol

Wish i had a wife to trip with :)

i've tripped twice (lsd) with my g/f. never again. she simply can't handle the substance.

Tripping alone is the best way to trip.

The reason is simple: A trip is something completely subjective. Shared trips don't exist, we're all "one and together" at all times anyway. A trip just shows us this tidbit of insight.

Tripping alone is best for spiritual experiences too, your significant other is nothing but a distraction from what's really important in a trip...what YOU are experiencing!

tripping with friends is fun....laughs and stuff. But I love tripping alone, more profound = )

I've tripped around my girlfriend, but since she doesn't use drugs i can't really have her as my tripping partner. I would love to experience the loving bliss that people describe from sharing the psychedelic experience, but for the most part I find it awkward to be with her while tripping. Its hard to communicate and connect when you aren't operating on the same level. Sometimes this awkward feeling is even more intense than when tripping with other sober people, because she is so in tune with my feelings and she just feels weird about it. It feels like she almost unhappy with me at times, as if I were wasting our time together being on drugs.

But at any rate, I prefer to trip alone. Its too easy to be distracted by the simple and mundane pleasure of companionship. The best journeys are taken alone in my opinion.

I generally trip solo because my boy isn't a fan of the psychedelics, but sometimes I can get him try an RC I get (he hated DOC and 2c-E but loved 2c-b)

He's more into empathogens, and REALLY likes his MDMA.

I've always tripped with other people, including SOs... until Easter Sunday there when I went solo on acid for the first time.

Have to say I've had variable experiences tripping with SO's especially in the past when I was much younger... possibly the flaws in the relationships appeared.

Saying that I had one of the most earth shattering beautiful full on telepathic epic trips on 2CE with my SO earlier this year - one of those trips that leave a positive life long mark on you.

<3

i've tripped in a lot of different situations, and honestly, i found the most enjoyable was to be with a close friend, not a significant other. although i guess a lot of my s/o's have been uninterested in psychedelics, even if they used to do them, so doing it around them was...not as fun as if we were both tripping around.

i tripped once with my boyfriend of nearly two years (it was his first time in as many years), and while it was fun, for some reason i didn't enjoy it as much as when i was with close friends.

in the last year or so though i've cut down a lot on tripping. i find that i'm more apt to get stuck in memory loops and while my trips aren't bad, they don't have the same joy to them that they used to. i've gotten very particular about who i trip around, when, and where.

I wouldn't think about tripping without my girlfriend.

By doing this you're dis empowering yourself from the possibility of overcoming such an attachment.

Attachments suck, the hippies knew what was up. Have sex with anyone you think is hot and love unconditionally, fuck attachment!

</end rant> = )

But there's something really beautiful about being in an exclusive relationship, too. It doesn't work for some people but it doesn't mean no one should have one. I'm married and I've been with her for 7 years, and I don't want to overcome that attachment. :)