• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you think you reach a point of drug use where no substances are enjoyable anymore?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I’m just wondering if maybe I have reached the point where I can no longer enjoy any sort of substance really. I honestly think I have permanently altered my brain from all kinds of drugs and essentially they cannot produce euphoria or fun like they used to.

it doesn’t matter what substance it is, stimulants, opioids, downers, uppers, benzos, alcohol, barbs...

I have abused every category of drug with such viciousness I honestly think I have tapped my brain of all recreational drug use capabilities...

It seems the only reasonable option is to get and remain sober because at this point even using needles and jamming copious amounts of drugs into my system does not really get me the desired effect, more or less just increased side effects and comedowns and lack of any real pleasure.

Any one else reached this place? It’s pretty sad I can’t even use drugs in a fun manner anymore.

Yes, It does happen. We age out of drug use if we are lucky. The hard part is to Stop chasing the High, and get and stay Sober? If we do not we end up in Institutions, Jail or dead, all that is left after it stops working.
This is why I go to a meeting everyday ( I only need ONE a week............just not smart enough to know which One!!:ROFLMAO:!
When drugs and alcohol stop working , continuing to use is Borrowing from the Devil we will Pay a Very High Price!

Yes its called ahedonia. I think everyone that abuses the fuck out of drugs loses the pleasure from them. You just end up chasing the buzz that you used to get,but it's never the same.

Because you change your brain chemistry finding pleasure in anything becomes harder,that's when depression kicks in.

yes, indeed. the hard part is actually coping with the anhedonia like someone else said that fucks up ur brain, sometimes it is that awful that u just wanna shoot u in the face. After a while though, our bodies are incredible Machines that repair themselves. It takes a while to reach a point where u feel comfy. Just give it a while and ull be fine.

I've heard psilocybe mushrooms have been doing pretty incredible things as far as acting like an ' emotional reset button for depressed people.
Its something ive been really wanting to try against the effects of PAWS after a proloned binge.
My last experience with shrooms was in 2009 lol i miss em

Honest to God method of ensuring a decent high after gaining a massive tolerance? Scare yourself into thinking you cant get anymore after you've run out, then get more lol. You'll feel it after that, believe me :whistle::coffee:

I'm not too sure that would really work in reality. Personally speaking, my brain/pleasure center isn't very easily "tricked" and would see through any trickery one can think up. And BTW, that idea.you.have comes from the.same place as yours and my pleasure centers and at least my brain would see through that.shit in a NY millisecond. But that's just my opinion.

Yep some people just "have their fill". They have their fill and move on with life. It sounds like maybe you've had your fill?

Some people never have their fill though lol ;)

The only drugs I really still fully value are psychedelics and weed (if I only use it once in a while, which I do). All the pleasure drugs are still pleasurable but I actually hate them a lot more than I like them. As others have said, it's still just chasing the high I used to get, even though I do get enjoyment out of them still (just more negative than positive).

Even psychedelics have changed a lot, I don't trip expecting peak experiences anymore because I've already had those. However I still continue to get novel, significant experiences that help me to live a better and more connected life.

Hey guys! I think this is a cool thread with an interesting question, but I'm a little bit unsure of its legitimacy. I'm going to go ahead and move this to Drug Culture as I think it's the appropriate place and you'll get better answeres there too!

I've even seen hardcore heroin addicts use the phrase "getting well" not exactly what I would call "getting high". Viva la difference!

In my experience, after you've been doing it for years, heroin gets kinda inconsistent. Yes a great deal of the time it feels more like you're just going from feeling sick to feeling normal. With maybe a modest feeling of euphoria from shooting up for a few seconds (mainly when going from really dope sick to well again). And id certainly say that in the years leading up to when I got off heroin, it was much more a question of getting well than getting high.

That said though, I can't say I don't still love heroin and opioids generally. And sometimes they could still feel pretty good. Even as recently as when I quit heroin in late 2017 a couple years back, there were still times where I'd say heroin still felt pretty good.

In my experience though it NEVER feels like it does in the very early days again. It can get in the ballpark occasionally, but never quite the same.

Now I'm 31, and I guess I've been using heroin the significant majority of the past 15ish years. So I dunno, take it for what you will.

Dunno if I can really attest to other drugs though. I mean I've used many other drugs many times like weed, meth, mdma, benzos, alcohol, and others I'm probably forgetting. But none of them have ever compelled me to use them every day or nearly every day for years on end like heroin.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure that would really work in reality. Personally speaking, my brain/pleasure center isn't very easily "tricked" and would see through any trickery one can think up. And BTW, that idea.you.have comes from the.same place as yours and my pleasure centers and at least my brain would see through that.shit in a NY millisecond. But that's just my opinion.
Lol yeah that wasn't meant to be taken quite so literally. What i meant by scare yourself was a situation where you genuinely believe you cannot obtain your drug anymore, for whatever reason (dealer got busted, town is dry, etc). It's worked for me a handful of times.
And no, i dont think any sane person would be able to trick themselves into that either lol.

Okee Doke TweakerGuy, I get it. The one thing I really hate about communicating in this manner is lack of expression and inflection one's face and voice provide. However, here we sit communicating in this manner, so I may misinterpret things from time to time so please bear with me. Honestly, I do mean well.

i mean if you quit them for a while then try drugs again they are always pretty good when you come back. i don't think that will ever change.

Okee Doke TweakerGuy, I get it. The one thing I really hate about communicating in this manner is lack of expression and inflection one's face and voice provide. However, here we sit communicating in this manner, so I may misinterpret things from time to time so please bear with me. Honestly, I do mean well.
I hear ya

I feel you when it comes to attempting to misuse opiates after 12 years of misusing them on a daily basis, until getting on Subutex a year ago. I was at the point where 400+ mgs of morphine would barely do anything. Oxycodone and hydrocodone hadn't worked since 2015. Morphine, Hydromorphone and Methadone were the only opiates that got me 'high' but since I take opiates strictly orally, Morphine and hydromorphone are the worst orally in theory. It was time to give it up.
Stimulants, like Adderall (IR, 60-120mgs per day) continue to work 6 yrs later.
I do wonder from time to time what life would've been like not having major back problems at age 11, and developing an opiate addiction by age 12. It seems like drugs are all I know, Besides working full time.
~sigh~

I think a few intense months of IV coke + meth pretty much ruined almost all drugs for me. Even though I still take various substances nothing really rocks my boat anymore like it used to when I was first getting started. The exception seems to be LSD where a 400 ug hit still ticks all the right boxes. I still keep resolutely chasing past remembered highs though - which is pretty stupid. Mostly the best I get is a pleasant buzz.