• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do you think theres a difference in quality of manufacturers of oxycodone?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
As with how people idolize Actavis lean? do you think there's a difference in oxycodone manufacturers?

if so rate them..

Not familiar with the brands but i believe that generics are permitted to test +/- 20% from its labelling, thus in theory one generic could be 40% stronger than another if you look at the extremes.

I think it’s more than potency. I’ve experienced this issue with both Suboxone vs generics and Adderall vs generics. It’s much more extreme with Suboxone (probably because even if I take 4x the amount I still feel like I’m falling into WD) but I was surprised after not taking brand name Addy for years and trying it again recently how potent and long lasting it was.

With generic “d-amphetamine salts” the experience lasts 3-5 hours. With brand name it’s 5-12 hours or more.

I personally believe there’s more to chemistry we haven’t quite figured out yet. Maybe it’s changing polymorphism, who knows..

-GC

I think it’s more than potency. I’ve experienced this issue with both Suboxone vs generics and Adderall vs generics. It’s much more extreme with Suboxone (probably because even if I take 4x the amount I still feel like I’m falling into WD) but I was surprised after not taking brand name Addy for years and trying it again recently how potent and long lasting it was.

With generic “d-amphetamine salts” the experience lasts 3-5 hours. With brand name it’s 5-12 hours or more.

I personally believe there’s more to chemistry we haven’t quite figured out yet. Maybe it’s changing polymorphism, who knows..

-GC

I would imagine if you quantified the actives in brand and generic drugs you'd find more active ingredients in the brand over the generics as well as more consistency. If a brand oc40 actually has 48mg (20% above the labelled contents) and a generic has 32mg (20% below, which is allowable) than those oc40's are a hell of alot stronger then the generic. And of course the more of the drug, the longer it lasts. If a person switched from a pill that had 48mg to a generic with 32mg they probably wouldnt go into withdrawal per say, but it certainly wouldn't hold them as long.

Synth quality may play a role too.

Last edited:
I would imagine if you quantified the actives in brand and generic drugs you'd find more active ingredients in the brand over the generics as well as more consistency. If a brand oc40 actually has 48mg (20% above the labelled contents) and a generic has 32mg (20% below, which is allowable) than those oc40's are a hell of alot stronger then the generic. And of course the more of the drug, the longer it lasts. If a person switched from a pill that had 48mg to a generic with 32mg they probably wouldnt go into withdrawal per say, but it certainly wouldn't hold them as long.

Yea you make a good point, assuming brand name decides they want to stack their pills with extra. Not sure how often they would do that though.

I took some more generic Suboxone last night instead of my regular stuff and I definitely still feel the difference. If anything it feels stronger but not in a good way, I got the usual slight headache on the come up which happens on all buprenorphine products except the brand name Suboxone.

Still feel groggy and kinda bleh. I might take this for a few days just to see what happens. I got time to experiment lol.

My guess is synth quality still matters the most above all. They are human drug dealers after all, high end ones but drug dealers none the less. Example; even with brand name shit happens like a batch that went out in 2018 which the strips felt thinner and had little spots on them, they were noticeably weaker too.

-GC

I notice it with Pregabalin. The original brand name 'Lyrica' made by Pfizer pharmaceuticals feels noticeably stronger.. I would always tell myself it was my imagination - but after 4 years of everyday Pregabalin use it's for real...

Not familiar with the brands but i believe that generics are permitted to test +/- 20% from its labelling, thus in theory one generic could be 40% stronger than another if you look at the extremes.

Spot on response (IMHO). I was going to post the same thing actually. (y) I didn't take the time to look but I also seem to recall the range as being +/- 20%. In the USA at least. I'd also be inclined to agree with you & also believe that this could be responsible for the variance in effects as you mentioned. :)
I figured I'd chime in to add another opinion to the topic. My experiences are anecdotal but I've had similar experiences with noticing some differences between brands. Though as I stated I'm inclined to attribute them to the variance as was mentioned. ;)

Spot on response (IMHO). I was going to post the same thing actually. (y) I didn't take the time to look but I also seem to recall the range as being +/- 20%. In the USA at least. I'd also be inclined to agree with you & also believe that this could be responsible for the variance in effects as you mentioned. :)
I figured I'd chime in to add another opinion to the topic. My experiences are anecdotal but I've had similar experiences with noticing some differences between brands. Though as I stated I'm inclined to attribute them to the variance as was mentioned. ;)

Thing is though the variations aren’t really ones that can be attributed to potency.

For my comparisons of adderall to generic, the duration was noticeably different, potency WAY different (talking 3-4x more), and overall effect one that seems better focused, more social, just better at any potency level.

For Suboxone with generic, there’s a lack of energy that I associate with brand name, some generics can’t cover my tolerance even at 4x the dose (I was once using .5mg Suboxone a day and 2mg of generic still had me in withdrawals til I could get brand name again) but the worst of it all is the pressure headaches. With any generic I get this nasty pressure headache that isn’t there with the brand name, no adjusting of dosages changes this.

Idk I just can’t believe it’s all down to a 20%+/- variation in dosage. I’m sure that’s part of it but there’s more to this story.

I could see the generic Indian labs using much less pure product.

-GC

Maybe the brand namr adderall is made from p2p prepared from ephedra? I've heard that's the best p2p

Maybe the brand namr adderall is made from p2p prepared from ephedra? I've heard that's the best p2p

You’ve heard p2p over ephedrine/pseudo reduction? In my research I’ve concluded something similar. It seems the best product was around in the 90’s, back when the speed labs were also making the MDMA via p2p/mdp2p Leuckart.

I’m pretty sure the impurities from the leuckart gave “oxblood” it’s famed coloration. This correlates with “Uncle Toms Pink Sassafras” which was a form of MDA going around in the 70’s in US which was apparently a step above all other MDA out there. I theorize he too was using Leuckart.

-GC

Thing is though the variations aren’t really ones that can be attributed to potency.

For my comparisons of adderall to generic, the duration was noticeably different, potency WAY different (talking 3-4x more), and overall effect one that seems better focused, more social, just better at any potency level.

For Suboxone with generic, there’s a lack of energy that I associate with brand name, some generics can’t cover my tolerance even at 4x the dose (I was once using .5mg Suboxone a day and 2mg of generic still had me in withdrawals til I could get brand name again) but the worst of it all is the pressure headaches. With any generic I get this nasty pressure headache that isn’t there with the brand name, no adjusting of dosages changes this.

Idk I just can’t believe it’s all down to a 20%+/- variation in dosage. I’m sure that’s part of it but there’s more to this story.

I could see the generic Indian labs using much less pure product.

-GC

Interesting. I hadn't considered much in terms of the variations you're speaking of. I was thinking of potency based on posts I read. Apparently I missed your second post somehow. Though you had mentioned it in said post I hadn't read the thread closely enough & missed it somehow. :\
My apologies. Thanks for elucidating on your perspective & in doing so causing me to re-read the thread. :) I'd be curious to see if there's any data on actual variations between manufacturers available regardless of said data being information regarding variations in manufacturing process, ingredients, quantity, etc. :unsure:

I notice it with Pregabalin. The original brand name 'Lyrica' made by Pfizer pharmaceuticals feels noticeably stronger.. I would always tell myself it was my imagination - but after 4 years of everyday Pregabalin use it's for real...
First 6mths of taking Pfizer Lyrica 150mg didn't feel a thing then didn't have it for a day. Then had a 300mg generic and bam.i always feel the generics now even at 75-150mg.i think initially they were undersides.also ms contin 100mg seems to be hit and miss.sometimes it'll smash me sometime it does next to nothing

First 6mths of taking Pfizer Lyrica 150mg didn't feel a thing then didn't have it for a day. Then had a 300mg generic and bam.i always feel the generics now even at 75-150mg.i think initially they were undersides.also ms contin 100mg seems to be hit and miss.sometimes it'll smash me sometime it does next to nothing
I think that's more to do with the nature of drug.. Tolerance build up and tolerance reversal is rapid with Pregabalin. You said you took one brand for 6 months and then missed a day and had double the dose and it hit you hard. The same thing would have probably happened had you done the same with Pfizer Lyrica. (Missed a day and then took double your dose) Plus Pregabalin is a bit of an unpredictable drug. I've been on it for 4 years solid. Sometimes I feel it at 300 mg. Others days 600-900 mg won't hardly touch me. I used to be able to take 3-5 day tolerance breaks and I would almost reset my tolerance to baseline in that short a time. But then within 3-5 days my tolerance is back to where it was!

Also I notice taking Pregabalin hits garder on an empty stomach. As for MS Contin similar rules apply, apart from your tolerance will take longer to go down.. So if you do have a good long break - be very careful when you go back to using your MS Contin (Morphine sulphate tablets) as this isa very easy way that people OD (Due to the drop in tolerance) Try the MS Contin on an empty stomach. Try it with/after food (High fat meal) and see if you notice the difference. Also if you take with Pregabalin that's a pretty good Opiate potentiator... So you could try timing it so the MS Contin is taken with the Pregabalin. MS Contins if crushed take 30 minutes max forme to feel, whereas Pregabalin can take around 2 hours.

Good luck -Stay Safe - Try and keep your doses to the minimum effective ;)

Yeah but in those first 6mths of taking it I didn't feel a thing.i didn't know Lyrica actually had a high until I missed a day then had twice as much

The 40% figure is an absolute worst case scenario: you'd only ever see that variance if you were comparing a pill at the minimum permissible dose (80% of labeled content) to a pill with the maximum permissible dose (120% labeled content).

I personally have faith that a multimillion dollar pharmaceutical giant can come up with a way to get accurate weights of the AI. I find that set and setting provides a stronger influence on the drug's effects over brand name preference, but that's just me.

Its like when I found out the 8mg panadol/codeine pills were only 7.7777mg codeine per pill.i thought they could get it spot on 8mg but apparently not.

Here in CA we have Tylenol 1s which have 8 milligrams of codeine phosphate per pill. The math actually works out to that only being 6mg of codeine base per pill.
Still, a guy can do some cool stuff with a few 200 count bottles of the T1s... (1.2g of codeine base per bottle, MSRP about $15)

The real secret is how they get to the center of the tootsie roll pop how one would get the codeine out, selectively, without contamination from the caffeine, APAP, or pill binders...

Here in CA we have Tylenol 1s which have 8 milligrams of codeine phosphate per pill. The math actually works out to that only being 6mg of codeine base per pill.
Still, a guy can do some cool stuff with a few 200 count bottles of the T1s... (1.2g of codeine base per bottle, MSRP about $15)

The real secret is how they get to the center of the tootsie roll pop how one would get the codeine out, selectively, without contamination from the caffeine, APAP, or pill binders...
We used to have the 100bottles here then they went down to 40 then they went to u have to show i.d. to get them
and u had to space out each bottle by 5days so u weren't going over the 8 tablets per day maximum.now there prescription only.we never had caffeine in ours.

And our cocodamol where I’m from have 8/500 codeine/paracetamol. Very easy to CWE with them.