Do you think pills are addictive or just more-ish?

p-E-achy

Bluelighter
This is something which has been on my mind for quite a while now and I'm now starting to think that they could be psycologically addictive on quite a high level.
What are your views?
------------------
HAPPY HARDCORE WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

I think they can definatly be psycologically addictive. I was planning to go out tonight and have a few pills in a club, but Im not going to the club anymore and was thinking of doing them anyway, then I realised that there would be no point and that Id just be doing them for the sake of it and it would be a waste of good pills and seritonin. I can see how people can fall into the trap of feeling they have to do it every weekend to have fun.
Chalk

That's an interesting point but do you think that people can sometimes miss the excitment of xtc so much to the extent that they will do pills regardless of whether they are clubbing/raving or not?
------------------
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

I can say that eatin' a bean at home is a waste. I don't do it every weekend, usually once or twice a month. However I do roll at home sometimes. And it is enjoyable.
------------------
Thought is full of lies. If you feel, you will see the truth.
Only your feelings can show you the real beauty of a person.

If I'm not mistaken I don't think there is a "psychological addiction". Addiction is when there is physical dependency of a substance to maintain a "normal" metabolism. "psychological addiction is just another way of doing a drug because you choose to,not because your psyche needs it- you just want to roll.

I don't think I'm addicted to the drug itself, I just think I'm addicted to everything to do with it.
------------------
If you can't change it - get over it. If you can - do!

I am definately addicted to buying it - ie making a deal. (competitive instinct).
I certainly don't have any desires for one during the week, nor do I feel the need to pop one friday night in a pub (although have done so in the past).
I do think it is morish though - go to a club and think, yes I would like one.
Also I think it may be mentally addictive - thinking about it all the time, although not necessarily taking one.
I can understand why some of my friends switched to studying chemistry.

Also, I do know this - if I haven't had one for a while, I am well pumped (say 10 days break).
I am so full of life at this stage, I probably don't need one. So i had some champagne instead with my mate *ralph*

I think psychological addiction is when you develop a compulsive desire to reproduce certain patterns of behaviour. A physical addiction is when your body physically needs a substance. I do not crave e, I do not suffer from withdrawl symptoms when I go without it. I don't need to dose midweek. But I can't go to a rave and not dose. Drugs and raving monopolize my thoughts even when I go without for weeks. All my conversations inevitably lead back to drugs. I have completely changed my old patterns of behaviour to accomodate raving/drugs. I am always wondering (make that obsessing over) when the next party will be. I am addicted because I can't imagine life without drugs.
For those of you who've seen fight club I thought the movie was an excellent look at psychological addiction. I saw many parallels between Fight Club and raving . The office scenes reminded me so much of being sketchy on monday mornings. Not to mentions his obvious psychological addiction to support groups at the beginning of the movie. Very interesting because it involved addiction but had nothing to do with substances.

I totally agree with Smurf's response and I think Butterfly's words were very thaughtful.
I have to disagree with Axon Junkie though; psycological addiction is more prevelant than physical addiction in most amphetamine based drugs and I'm sure that such an addiction can occur with e following continued use depending on the circumstances.
Delving further into the topic of pills being 'more-ish':
When you are rolling and you have reached your peak, at the point when you start to come down from that peak do you not just want more pills?
I know for a fact that I do and it's at this time when I think;
'this is my mind controlling my body; so is this psycological addiction?'
------------------
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-