• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Do you really NOT withdrawal coming off sublocade?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
So I signed up to get paid and do some college study with sublocade I’m not even addicted to opiates right now so I’m kind of skeptical I mean I make $600 and get free shots to answer a few questions plus I think it’ll help my seasonal winter depression and get off of the other shit (cocaine / phenibut / benzos)

For people who are on it, does it last the whole month and most importantly ..

Do you REALLY NOT withdrawal? Cause I think I’ll blow my brains out if I put myself through one more withdrawal of just about anything

And like.,. Should I really do this? Am I being a pussy? I know coming off these last few Valium at the hospital my head is gonna be scrambled eggs for at least a month

Opiates these days are just like against everything I stand for.,. But I keep almost killing myself with shit like IV coke and other nonsense …

I wanna just get through it and give it up to God but it’s so fuckin hard.

And like.,. Should I really do this? Am I being a pussy? I know coming off these last few Valium at the hospital my head is gonna be scrambled eggs for at least a month

Opiates these days are just like against everything I stand for.,. But I keep almost killing myself with shit like IV coke and other nonsense …

I wanna just get through it and give it up to God but it’s so fuckin hard.
I am really glad you have asked the question because I was wondering this myself. A person in your situation who is not physically dependent on any opioid, I think you will come out fine. I heard the shot lasts 4-6 moths after you get it a few times. The way it gets absorbed and leaves your system very slowly has something to do with the absence of wds upon stopping it. A lot of docs are starting to use it now to get people off subs/methadone

My last sublocad injection was 7 months ago but I’m going through insane withdrawals at the moment.

I think there is no reason to think that sublocade should be any different than oral/sublingual subutex/buprenorphine. It's the same substance just as a retard depot injection which will gradually release the drug and will cause a smoother dose curve than once daily peroral but and will emulate a slightly longer half life, Idk by how much. But in the end it's the same thing and even a depot injection can't emulate a tapering like it's the case with substances which have extremely long half lifes (e.g. fluoxetine).

That said, I was on buprenorphine for more than a year, albeit with a low dose of 4mg/d. I tapered it pretty quickly over 1-2 weeks and didn't get any withdrawal. But I had heavy concurrent use of deschloroketamine (the intent was to replace that with a legit prescription of bupe what failed), which might well have made the difference. The debate whether dissociatives help withdrawing opioids is ongoing with some reporting success and others failure.

How long have the withdrawals lasted? When did they start?

-GC
I’ve been going through withdrawals for about a month now. So 6 months after the last injection. I’ve noticed if I take kratom it makes me feel quite better. Now you can test positive for bupe up to 12 months after discontinuing. So I’m sure I’m just really low on bupe in my system or even completely out of my system. I thought it was benzo withdrawal like PAWS but even when taking a dose of benzos I do feel better but it’s still there. So this could be a double whammy both long term benzo use recovery withdrawal and bupe withdrawal…not sure but I’ve gone through opiate withdrawals over 12 times in life and that’s not including being sick during active addiction and though it’s not as deathly shitting myself and as intense the same feelings are there just drawn out and about half the intensity..still the fact it’s been 1 month feeling this way is terrible and is making me think about getting back on opiates just to avoid the intense withdrawals that bupe feels like and rather prolonging it and going through opiate withdrawals down the road that would last 9-14 days max….plus I could get into a detox program because these aren’t letting up anytime soon

I’ve been going through withdrawals for about a month now. So 6 months after the last injection. I’ve noticed if I take kratom it makes me feel quite better. Now you can test positive for bupe up to 12 months after discontinuing. So I’m sure I’m just really low on bupe in my system or even completely out of my system. I thought it was benzo withdrawal like PAWS but even when taking a dose of benzos I do feel better but it’s still there. So this could be a double whammy both long term benzo use recovery withdrawal and bupe withdrawal…not sure but I’ve gone through opiate withdrawals over 12 times in life and that’s not including being sick during active addiction and though it’s not as deathly shitting myself and as intense the same feelings are there just drawn out and about half the intensity..still the fact it’s been 1 month feeling this way is terrible and is making me think about getting back on opiates just to avoid the intense withdrawals that bupe feels like and rather prolonging it and going through opiate withdrawals down the road that would last 9-14 days max….plus I could get into a detox program because these aren’t letting up anytime soon
Isn’t that the cycle of justification ? Get on bupe cause of the longer half life and easier to taper, then when it’s time to jump telling yourself it will be easier just to go back on regular opiates and have a shorter wd timeframe, then when it’s time to jump tell yourself it will be easier to taper with bupe cause if it’s long half life ect ect

Isn’t that the cycle of justification ? Get on bupe cause of the longer half life and easier to taper, then when it’s time to jump telling yourself it will be easier just to go back on regular opiates and have a shorter wd timeframe, then when it’s time to jump tell yourself it will be easier to taper with bupe cause if it’s long half life ect ect

That's been exactly my pattern for far too long...

The doctors sure had be convinced that it was the best option with no withdrawals or side effects

It's not worth whatever they're paying you for this study, man. I would bet money you will have withdrawals, and if you're free from opiates right now, you should celebrate that. I'm on suboxone right now, and once I get free again, you couldn't pay me any amount of money to put me back on opiates. Freedom from addiction is priceless and you've managed to do that for yourself (with opiates at least). Good job!

I wouldn't do this study if I were you.