Do you hide your drug use from loved ones?

I hide my opiate use from everyone. At my age, most people don't even know what opiates are,nor are they mature enough to keep their mouths shut.
How old are you? I guess you're really young. Which opiates do you use? Do you think you can use opiates and not get addicted and/or into problems? For some time probably. What makes you so much more mature than other people your age? Sorry, but to me that sounds like a really immature opinion.

How old are you? I guess you're really young. Which opiates do you use? Do you think you can use opiates and not get addicted and/or into problems? For some time probably. What makes you so much more mature than other people your age? Sorry, but to me that sounds like a really immature opinion.

I'm only 13, and I use hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine etc. as well as some benzos. And yes, I realize that I cannot use opiates without becoming addicted or getting into problems. I've already started having problems from my opiate use, so I don't think I'm invincible from the problems they cause people. I DO realize that I'm getting myself into a lifetime of hardship, and I'm trying to stop. As to what makes me more mature, I'd have to say my perspective on life amongst other things that have forced me to grow up faster than others. But I'm not justifying my use in way.

I DO realize that I'm getting myself into a lifetime of hardship, and I'm trying to stop.
If you really want to stop, you should tell others to get help. It's not an easy task to stop alone for an adult either. I mean, tell adults: family, someone at school, a doctor... If you don't have anyone to speak to about your opiate and benzo use, I'm sure there's someone on this forum who can give you advice whom to turn to. (I live in another part of the world.) You might not only get yourself into a lifetime of hardship if you continue. You might end up dead before you even reach adulthood. Why do you use opiates and benzos? If there are underlying psychological problems, you should seek help to deal with them. If things in your life have forced you to grow up faster, it sounds all the more like you need help in dealing with them so that you have a chance of becoming a mentally healthy adult.

Not necessarily. In the beginning before it became obvious via rapid weight loss, extreme mood shifts and before my father found out I was dabbling in heroin yes, but ultimately I admitted it to my parents, got on methadone and then kicked.

I havent told them I've relapsed and considering I'm kicking I dont feel a need, however the second I'm asked 'Are you using heroin again?' my response will be the truth.

I'm quite open about drug use in general, though - despite having told some 'friends' in the past and suddenly never hearing from them again afterwards. I dont believe them to be true friends, however.