• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you have a significant other you do drugs with? How has that affected your relationship?

I have done, and still am, however, it was mainly an issue with drinking. I'm way more into drugs than her, we did go through a period of taking shrooms, acid and ecstasy quite a bit together but it was only for a few months.

The drinking was the worst part, though, she would go on week-long binges, and I mean dark binges of just lying in bed all day have blacked out 24/7. I drink a fair bit but not as she did. I threatened to break up with her in the end as I tried everything else we could. We both live very unconventional lives (we both work online and travel) so we're never really in the same country for longer than 6 months, so it was difficult to get any kind of treatment.

In the end, it came to it, and I left her, which gave her a huge wake-up call, and she started doing online therapy as well as me as support (although I was certainly drinking a little too much). Long story short, she quit. Three months sober. I went along with her for the first six weeks and went back to how I usually drank, which was/is on a Saturday night if we go to dinner or whatever, so all good (so far).

Never been in a serious relationship where we have both taken drugs that are more on the addictive side. However, I do have an issue with benzos, especially at the moment when you can buy them over the counter. Unfortunately, I haven't told her about this, which I probably should.

She's going away for a month so I'm going to get real messed up on psychedelics whilst she's away to get it out of my system. Then it's off to another country. She doesn't mind me taking stuff like that but she's over that stage now so wouldn't do it around her. Plus I like tripping my ass off in a dark room on my own with headphones on anyway 😁

Can imagine, it's tough for people who are using drugs on the more addictive side though as we had that with drinking. We'd both be sober then I decide to have a drink with my meal and then she would be off to the races, have a couple because I did then 2 weeks later she would finally stop.

What drug? It's really nice to have a stoner lady when you are a stoner. Even then, however, it can complicate things. If one of you decides to quit, the relationship can be affected.
Smoking some reefer and doing a lazy, extended 69 is pretty damn awesome, though.

I wish I had somebody to do drugs with but in past I had and indeed it wasn't nice to watch how somebody changes under the influence but the worst of all about that was good ol ethanol (she was sometimes drinking a whole bottle of vodka in a few hours). Dissociatives, psychedelics, stimulants, opioids aren't as bad as this liquid booze shit is. Made me stop drinking when I'm around others.

Nowadays I'm together with a non-user who just does green tea, thought of it as a chance but I just can't forget about the positive sides of substances. Doesn't feel good. I have been sober for more than a year now and still craving almost every day. Not to get fucked up but to experience some euphoria, flow and deep emotions (dissociatives do that, they're not just dissociating yourself). I think my gf would accept me doing some drugs as long as I have it under control but I'm not so sure as I know how people without drug experiences tend to think. That all the stuff is bad, bloody and just here because cartels want to make you addicted and $$$ out of that. Ok, I am more into research chemicals, these don't come from cartels, but still.

I dunno. It depends on a lot of things: the individuals, the relationship, the drugs, the general life circumstances.

My last relationship (7 years) was the best I've ever been in-- and she felt the same. We went into it knowing we were both alcoholic and both opioid addicts. Our habits were equally severe. We never lied to each other-- about anything. I have many wonderful memories (and many fuzzy memories) of having a good time together. We periodically cleaned up (or at least cut back) together. We parted for reasons that had nothing to do with drugs and we parted amicably.

Every other relationship I've ever been in I was the "fuckup." Even when she had serious issues, I was the one it was easy to point the finger at. That is not a pleasant situation to be in.

With my wife, we were well on the way to becoming Bonnie & Clyde type experience with drugs (and it was fucking great). Now she's not here, it's one of the great voids in my life ( I miss her in so many ways, this is just one of many)

It sucks actually.. I will admit that it was fun in the beginning but when you’re the type of addicts we are/am, things don’t stay good for very long.
I’ve been with my fiancé for 11 years now. I already had a significant addiction when we met; shooting blues, dilaudid, whatever opiate worth shooting since 2009. We met in 2011 and I still had yet to try heroin or shooting coke. My fiancé introduced me to them and thus began my 10 year heroin/fetty addiction.
He eventually got sober; he was an alcoholic and speedball addict and currently has 10 years clean (aside from kratom). I’ve been able to stay clean sporadically; a year and a half here, few months there, and most recently 3 years..
In 2016 I had a relapse and couldn’t find dope one day. I held out as long as I felt I could but being desperate, I reluctantly tried shooting ice when told it would take the sickness away. And it did.. I stopped doing opiates all together actually but I now had a new addiction. I knew nothing about meth and believed I could just do it that once and then find dope and never touch it again. Fucking WRONG 😑
Without going into too much detail there’s been a LOT of consequences and I have done a lot of damage to our relationship. It gets tricky when one of you gets sober and the other one still struggles. I’m currently a month into a binge, throwing away 3 years clean, and he has no idea.. I feel so alone and helpless without being able to ask for help. Considering meetings again cause I can’t do this alone
So, my (long, sorry lol) answer to your question is that you’re not really missing anything cause it fucking sucks. You both will probably end up dead or end up in a situation like mine. Hurting the one you love while slowly and secretly killing yourself.

With my wife, we were well on the way to becoming Bonnie & Clyde type experience with drugs (and it was fucking great). Now she's not here, it's one of the great voids in my life ( I miss her in so many ways, this is just one of many)
I’m so sorry for your loss. I can relate to this.

I do all kinds of drugs but mostly not with my gf cause she doesnt like it I do some drugs cause it makes her worrie about me, only weed I smoke if we are together cause she really likes it when Im stoned and she doesnt smoke weed but when I smoke she drinks some wine.

But we share one specific drug ritual and that is basecoke but we only smoke one g for both of us one time per week and we both love our specific rituals when we smoke base and for her its so important she only smokes base with me and only if its just the two of us, and I really want to create the perfect experience for her: I always let her clean the coke, she makes the pipes, she decides when we take a hit about every 20 minutes and before each hit we first smoke a cigarette, and when we do a hit we do it at exact the same time and before we take a hit we each say Im going to that country or I often say Im going to the moon and then we say schol, and right after a hit we cant talk but we do sign language but we understand each other perfect cause we developed lots of signs that say things about how good the hit is, the taste, if we drool or not and if we are flying, flying means something like a bellringer, and after that we both get very talkative and after that we smoke a cig and then prepare the next hit.

We both really love all these specific rituals that we do during a base session...

Coke benzos and alcohol is all my gf ever uses...

I do all kinds of drugs but mostly not with my gf cause she doesnt like it I do some drugs cause it makes her worrie about me, only weed I smoke if we are together cause she really likes it when Im stoned and she doesnt smoke weed but when I smoke she drinks some wine.

But we share one specific drug ritual and that is basecoke but we only smoke one g for both of us one time per week and we both love our specific rituals when we smoke base and for her its so important she only smokes base with me and only if its just the two of us, and I really want to create the perfect experience for her: I always let her clean the coke, she makes the pipes, she decides when we take a hit about every 20 minutes and before each hit we first smoke a cigarette, and when we do a hit we do it at exact the same time and before we take a hit we each say Im going to that country or I often say Im going to the moon and then we say schol, and right after a hit we cant talk but we do sign language but we understand each other perfect cause we developed lots of signs that say things about how good the hit is, the taste, if we drool or not and if we are flying, flying means something like a bellringer, and after that we both get very talkative and after that we smoke a cig and then prepare the next hit.

We both really love all these specific rituals that we do during a base session...

Coke benzos and alcohol is all my gf ever uses...
Damn, reading your ritual made Me feel the crack hitting my dopamine receptors for a sec...haha good times(not) xd