• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids do you get tired and bored of opioid feeling when you use oxycodone er(extended release)?

do you get tired and bored of opioid feeling when you use oxycodone er(extended release)?

• yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
i tried oxycodone er for1 day and it was very frustrating to me.i don't want that much opioid feeling beside it made my breathing harder more than normal oxycodone.
it took around 6 hours to get a little weaker and i felt relieved and it took total amount of 12 hours to completely get rid of it.
i just took 7 miligrams of it and i am happy that i didn't took more.but i took instant release oxycodone that day two times and i didn't feel better.
what do you think?

I don't get and have never experienced an opiod high. I'm on 120 mg morphine xr a day and I'm so l still in a lot of pain. I think I have that cyD6 something gene that makes me a ultra metabolizer and is the reason it doesn't give me a high

I think rather the effects change with increased tolerance and receptor re-regulation as well as transcribed effects like deltaFosB. They lose the euphoric aspects and become more boring, mundane and even straight out depressive than that one would get bored of opioid effects. I can't imagine that. People continue to chase the initial high through enormous efforts and costs at the end.

When I was prescribed morphine (for maintenance, not pain), I often did less than prescribed for a few days and then load a high dose for to re-experience the euphoric effects. The other days, even if I took the complete dose, began to become increasingly depressed to the point of me wanting to get off the maintenance, what I eventually accomplished with the aid of some memantine megadoses. I still crave the acute, euphoric high of opiates more than a year and a half later and I relapsed on Kratom but no thanks to opioids daily.

I don't feel anything when I take my ER 15mg I think my tolerance is over those. So I'd say yes.. Lol

15mg IR are a low dose even without tolerance. Did you ever try 30 or 45mg at once?
That's what I thought.. Yes I've took 2 or 3 of them and nothing. . But that's just what my doc gave me. I use it for withdrawals when I run out of my IR.. Other than that, it's useless to me.

That's what I thought.. Yes I've took 2 or 3 of them and nothing. . But that's just what my doc gave me. I use it for withdrawals when I run out of my IR.. Other than that, it's useless to me.
You might crush them to get IR and then take 45mg. ER capsules release just 1/3 or so instantly and the remaining slowly over the coming day. So 45mg ER are still just 15mg IR. But I don't want to talk you into abusing drugs, maybe it's best to save them for withdrawals.

You might crush them to get IR and then take 45mg. ER capsules release just 1/3 or so instantly and the remaining slowly over the coming day. So 45mg ER are still just 15mg IR. But I don't want to talk you into abusing drugs, maybe it's best to save them for withdrawals.
Thanks.. Appreciate your feedback:) like I said with these you can crush them up. The ones I have.. And the bottle was $400 with the pharmacy discount! Normally$600 they are like plastic pills don't crush don't break. It's so hard to even chew into them and then nothing comes out no powder or anything. Like you said.. Not worth it all. I'll just save them in case I need too for withdrawals lol

Oxycodone ER its pretty lame. I mean 20mg is still kinda comfy but quite plain, reminds me of a benzo. Honestly a good batch of Kratom gets me more buzzed than that.

You either remove the coating, or do more. But being as expensive as they are, better do the first.

Yeah but I've never been the biggest fan of oxy. I'd buy it if it was a good deal but I was usually looking for different opis like fentanyl or hydromorph.

I chose yes as I get bored with everything at some point (substance wise).
Hell I get bored with everything cept my cats. lol
Guess thats what ya get for being a loner or whatever.