• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you find nitrous to be actually dissociative in its effects?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
My favorite combination is MDMA+LSD and then taking Nitrous. I'm not sure why or how, but this allows me to reach a level that I cannot achieve with any other psychedelic or drug combination. I can create the most intricate and mind blowing open eye visuals as well as completely leave my body and feel as if I am sort of omniscient (I know I'm not, but it gives me the sensation of all knowing peace). This past weekend I went through a ton of nitrous, after my candyflip I went and sat by the river as the sun came and did balloons and I feel as if I sort of mastered my own universe. The first couple times I tried MDMA+LSD+nitrous I got rather frightened as it was very intense and thought I was never coming back, but I broke through this as I realized all I needed to do was smile.

But anyways, I proper dislike other dissociative drugs. Granted I've only tried DXM, MXE and Ketamine. They offer me virtually no euphoria, no musical appreciation (ketamine makes me very much dislike music, it just sounds like fucked noise) and general discomfort. Every time I do ketamine all I can think about is how uncomfortable I feel; don't know how to sit, stand, speak, or what I even really feel. I had some very high dose DXM trips as a teen that were fun, but that was the first drug I ever did so I didn't have much perspective

I see nitrous is classified as a dissociative drug, but I struggle to see why this is? Completely sober, doing a balloon of nitrous very vaguely reminds me of the visual effect ketamine gives me, but other than that, thats it. Most drugs I see classified together I can clearly see parallels. For example, all psychedelic drugs make me feel a similar way whilst being very different, they give me a similar sort of feeling, vibe, train of thought and of course the giggles.

Thoughts? Is nitrous classified as dissociative for simply a lack of better way to classify it? I guess it allows me to sort of leave my body when combined with MDMA and LSD, but it doesn't feel disociative how MXE/DXM/Ket does, it feels like a key that unlocks something deep down in my consciousness.

I agree with the classification of nitrous as a dissociative. All dissociatives are not the same and nitrous is unique in some ways, for instance I also find it to be only dissociative i have tried that is truly euphoric. But that doesnt mean it should be classified in a different category.

I agree with the classification of nitrous as a dissociative. All dissociatives are not the same and nitrous is unique in some ways, for instance I also find it to be only dissociative i have tried that is truly euphoric. But that doesnt mean it should be classified in a different category.

All the psychedelics I've tried I can see and feel how they are all clearly related in their effects; mushrooms, LSD, DMT, 2C-B, 4-subs, even nbome all give me a *similar* headspace, body high, feeling and thought patterns. They are nuanced, and I definitely did not enjoy nbome, but it was still in the same realm of feelings. Same goes for alcohol, benzos and GHB, they all feel the same kind of. All Opioids feel the same to me. These groups fit together.

But nitrous feels so completely different from ketamine, DXM and MXE which all 3 feel incredibly similar, I'm not even sure I can tell the difference between them.

Even after doing Ketamine and MXE for a few years now, I always go back to nitrous! Burn out is totally right about the euphoria, its a pretty maniac buzz. I also think the instant bio-availability plays a factor, smoking MXE has that same whoosh to it that nitrous has. nitrous is the crack of dissociatives, even down to chasing a ringer of sorts. When you take these factors into account I think it may seem unfamiliar (as a dissociative) at first but that is why it will always be my #1 :)

My favorite combination is MDMA+LSD and then taking Nitrous. I'm not sure why or how, but this allows me to reach a level that I cannot achieve with any other psychedelic or drug combination. I can create the most intricate and mind blowing open eye visuals as well as completely leave my body and feel as if I am sort of omniscient (I know I'm not, but it gives me the sensation of all knowing peace). This past weekend I went through a ton of nitrous, after my candyflip I went and sat by the river as the sun came and did balloons and I feel as if I sort of mastered my own universe. The first couple times I tried MDMA+LSD+nitrous I got rather frightened as it was very intense and thought I was never coming back, but I broke through this as I realized all I needed to do was smile.

But anyways, I proper dislike other dissociative drugs. Granted I've only tried DXM, MXE and Ketamine. They offer me virtually no euphoria, no musical appreciation (ketamine makes me very much dislike music, it just sounds like fucked noise) and general discomfort. Every time I do ketamine all I can think about is how uncomfortable I feel; don't know how to sit, stand, speak, or what I even really feel. I had some very high dose DXM trips as a teen that were fun, but that was the first drug I ever did so I didn't have much perspective

I see nitrous is classified as a dissociative drug, but I struggle to see why this is? Completely sober, doing a balloon of nitrous very vaguely reminds me of the visual effect ketamine gives me, but other than that, thats it. Most drugs I see classified together I can clearly see parallels. For example, all psychedelic drugs make me feel a similar way whilst being very different, they give me a similar sort of feeling, vibe, train of thought and of course the giggles.

Thoughts? Is nitrous classified as dissociative for simply a lack of better way to classify it? I guess it allows me to sort of leave my body when combined with MDMA and LSD, but it doesn't feel disociative how MXE/DXM/Ket does, it feels like a key that unlocks something deep down in my consciousness.
Nitrous + MDMA + LSD is better than ketamine in effects?

WoW... You must be doing shitty ketamine. or pure MXE... I stay away from MXE due to Me almost dying in a hole.

Ketamine is safe. MXE is evil

^^ MXE isn't evil just because you almost died (did you just feel like you almost died, or did you actually as confirmed by medical instruments?). Personally I like MXE much better than ketamine. Ketamine is a more total dissociation, but I never remember much from it. And MXE is much better for lower dosing. To me and many others, MXE has a magical feeling that no other drug has. It's more potent than ketamine for sure, and different, and probably more likely to kill you if you take way too much (ketamine is used medically in far higher doses to anesthetize you after all).

Ketamine is an awesome drug too, but I prefer MXE. I also prefer MXE for combining with psychedelics.

As for nitrous, yeah I definitely find it dissociative, it feels slightly salvia-esque to me but it's completely unique. Both salvia and nitrous are very atypical dissociatives, but they're dissociative for sure. Nitrous was actually used medically for anesthesia, it still is kind of, but for total anesthesia now they use other things.

The most profound moment I've probably ever had from drugs was from nitrous (of course I can only sort of remember it). Usually I can't get to that place with it, even with psychedelics included anymore, I don't know why but it's like I'm blocked from there. My friend feels the same way, and he used to get there sober, every time.

Must be because I used dissos heavily but ketamine is kind of weak for me lest you pull out a needle which I won't do. I can't get enough of it in my system to get the full effects I get from other dissos. Same with 2F-DCK. I rarely have good K to play with so not sure if I can reach that conclusion for sure. I enjoyed the effects, don't get me wrong, but MXE was way more intense and fun. Same with DCK and 3-MeO-PCP.

So nitrous with other dissociatives like 3-MeO-PCP produced some very interesting effects. I really liked the pureness of the buzz. With psychedelics its a kind of blast off into weirdness. With other dissociatives I'd turn into a lightbody. A being of pure light. That was pretty awesome. I started doing Qi-Gong while holding in my nitrous (not quite holding it in but breathing in air periodically but exhaling only the tiniest amount so that basically you never fully exhale. In that fashion you can hold your hit in for a really long time without hypoxia). Shit man, after a while you're nothing but a pure vibration. Pretty amazing.

^ fast forward to 30:40 to hear the clip about nitrous in the video. That's pretty crazy. There was a guy on this site who abused the hell out of nitrous who said the same thing happened to him. When I used nitrous while drinking booze and cared less about hypoxia and vitamin-B supplementation nitrous would get pretty dark for me. Later as I learned about breath work and stuff like that I learned a lot from it and it stopped being so destructive and compulsive for me. I'd get a box now and again and have a weird experience. Didn't feel self-destructive. The 3-MeO-PCP/DCK gave me a lot more anxiety about my difficulty stopping.

^ fast forward to 30:40 to hear the clip about nitrous in the video. That's pretty crazy. There was a guy on this site who abused the hell out of nitrous who said the same thing happened to him. When I used nitrous while drinking booze and cared less about hypoxia and vitamin-B supplementation nitrous would get pretty dark for me. Later as I learned about breath work and stuff like that I learned a lot from it and it stopped being so destructive and compulsive for me. I'd get a box now and again and have a weird experience. Didn't feel self-destructive. The 3-MeO-PCP/DCK gave me a lot more anxiety about my difficulty stopping.
Vitamin supplements always deliver a mild experience. Nitrous oxide is quite an interesting molecule, however since it is a gas and has a residue, I could spend a lot more time with other things like dmt, mdma, or mushrooms.

Do you meditate or only do breathe work ? What is Your favorite box size ?
Did You find benefit from all those MASL-n,n-DMT substances?

I normally just do breath work and Chi-Gong combined with it. If I do a psychedelic the breath work is too intense, plus I sort of forget. I've tried mirror gazing as well on nitrous. That can be really interesting too. I usually buy a 24 pack of Ultra Pure Whip and use a whip cream dispenser to finish off the box. If I buy the 50 pack that gets finished too, so I generally don't. Usually I just keep going till the box is done or I have to interrupt for whatever reason. I had a lot of fun on 4-AcO-MET + 3-MeO-PCP + Nitrous combo. Good times. Now I'm sober. How about yourself? What's your favorite combo with nitrous?

LSD 6hrs in + DMT + Nitrous Oxide = The best combo sentient beings have ever encountered!