View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

do you find its better to take Benzos before a shroom trip or wait and see

Dmt_Trips

Greenlighter
i have 1mg lorazapam pills and i was wondering if it would be better to take one say 10 minutes before i take the shrooms or just do them and wait and see how the trip turns out

It's best to avoid taking benzos except in emergency situations. Learning to integrate whatever sort of experience comes your way is important.

I'd say to avoid them completely unless you feel it absolutely necessary. Benzos will dampen the majority of psychedelic's effects and, from my experience, using them to try and negate a rough experience only leads to you having the rough experience but never overcoming it... if you just let things take their course it will usually be much more beneficial all around.

There was a time before RC / internet benzos when people either rode it out or didn't trip if it didn't feel like the right time.

Fuck that, man up and take the trip by itself
Face the Vortex and ride the ride thats what i do

There was a time before RC / internet benzos when people either rode it out or didn't trip if it didn't feel like the right time.

And there was the Bad Trip Tent at woodstock
that musta been a hell of a scene to see...

the only reason im taking this precaution is due to a dmt trip ive had.. if your going to do substances, why not try to be at least a little sensible about it and yes try to take the bad trip in as a learning experience, but if it gets too unbearable i will have lorazapam

dose your shrroms and if you get a little out of control or out of your comfort zone, you can use the benzo subligual for a faster onset, but taking a benzo before a shroom trip will dull some of the aspects.

If you start using benzos before you really need them...IF you end up needing them...then you'll not know what a shroom trip is actually like so you'll end up having to do benzos before every trip...what a waste.
Just have 'em handy.

Whatever works for you, but I don't keep benzos around because me and benzos suck. I still like tripping, even if it is sometimes profoundly unpleasant at points. Don't think I'd ever take benzos then psychs though, just seems backwards and cloudy.

I would save it and use it to calm the peak if you plan on taking a high dose, though honestly 1mg isn't going to do much either way.

If you start using benzos before you really need them...IF you end up needing them...then you'll not know what a shroom trip is actually like so you'll end up having to do benzos before every trip...what a waste.
Just have 'em handy.

thats what im saying man... anyways.. i tried them today for first time.. actually still on them all 2.5 g, i dont feel high, just feel confident

My friend was like that the first time he did mushrooms, except he was so confident he was acting like an asshole. Plus we foolishly went downstairs where my entire family was awake watching TV, and my friend was loudly talking to my family very belligerently

Which has nothing to do with this thread really... 8)

yeah i did 2 grams and then after an hour i took .5 more because i didnt feel anything and my friend did.. i was basically sober untill i started to get dmt flash backs and how creepy ot was and i almost took a benzo but i just focused and then basically i just feel happy, confident, and made me have better posture haha

Nice! I'm glad it went well for you. :) It's healthy to confront our fears and overcome them.