• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Do you find high quality, pure MDMA varies noticeably in potency?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
Me and a couple of friends have had this long standing debate. We have always had access to very high quality MDMA. Pure, reagent tested, fully crystalized and smelling of aniseed. 100mg knocks me on my ass, and that is what I take every time I roll. This 100mg dose still does me in even after ~7 years of rolling (always with good breaks, probably like 50 total rolls).

Anyways, one of my friends contends that even with pure MDMA, some is just waaaaaayyy more pure and potent. While I believe that it sort of hits a ceiling where it is just very, very pure and its just dose dependent beyond that. Not that either of us know anything about how its made, but it just makes sense to me since my part of the world has been flooded with this good MDMA (i think because of dnm) and its so dirt cheap that I don't think anyone bothers cutting it and we always get from our same trusted sources. It also seems unlikely to me that it would vary enough in potency for one to notice a difference (90% versus 98% isn't that huge of a difference, so long as there are no adulterants). Basically, IMO 100mg of high purity MDMA is 100mg of high purity MDMA, there is no "strain" thats going to exceptionally potent.

This past weekend we got some from a trusted source at a festival. We did not have access to a properly working scale and it was already in capsules. It looked like a lot to me, and I tried weighing on a not-so-good scale and was getting varying results from 140mg to 180mg. So I took out what looked to be about 30-50mg from mine and closed it back up, didn't want to get TOO high. Nobody else in my group took any out of theres.

Basically, we all got INCREDIBLY HIGH. That may have been the hardest I've ever rolled in my entire life/hardest I've ever danced. Very, very difficult come up (more than usual), but once I was going I was flying. Great night, felt great the next day.

This prompted my friend to push his side that, yes, some MDMA is just way more powerful and that we got way more powerful MDMA than we normally do. I think that is silly since for me at least, I just took way more than my normal dose. I took some out, but whatever was left was still substantially over the 100mg that normally gets me almost too high. But, he says he has taken 200mg in the past and it wasn't as intense as that, although i don't what his tolerance was when he did that and before this night we hadn't rolled for like 3 months.

Thoughts? Science? I'm curious and want to settle this once and for all!

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of people confusing old versus new mdma with pure mdma versus plain old bunk mdma?

kinda just a bunch of "back in my day"-ing without any actual evidence/science

Last edited:
There is no evidence or science to be had at this point. That is exactly why you're here asking the question isn't it?

there are different enantiomers of MDMA but I'm assuming most MD is of similar purity but of course it may vary but I have had varying response from the same batch at different doses - metabolism or environmental factors can be at play.