Mental Health Do you feel you were born in wrong world?

Presumably you'd prefer to have been born into a distant future utopia where humans no longer need to make any effort whatsoever to have lives filled with constant excess and pleasure... I would too, but equally, I'm glad to have been born into the present day rather than, say, a couple millennia ago into some brutal, pre-technological hunter gatherer society where, in all likelihood, I would not even have lived to the age I am now.

Hell yeah. I wasn't cut out for this place.

i don't think any of us were really designed for this world we were born into, but nevertheless - i'm really grateful.

i don't think it's really possible for us to fathom what it would have been like living in a world without sanitation, regular food, clean water or medicine (psychoactive or otherwise).

of course life is painful and it sucks sometimes, but i think most of us here (who live in the western world and have roofs above our heads) are extremely fortunate - and we are a minority. most of the world doesn't have much of what we take for granted.
are there things i'd change if i could?
damn right, but we're lucky even to have the time and inclination to even ponder such questions.

i don't think any of us were really designed for this world we were born into, but nevertheless - i'm really grateful.

i don't think it's really possible for us to fathom what it would have been like living in a world without sanitation, regular food, clean water or medicine (psychoactive or otherwise).

of course life is painful and it sucks sometimes, but i think most of us here (who live in the western world and have roofs above our heads) are extremely fortunate - and we are a minority. most of the world doesn't have much of what we take for granted.
are there things i'd change if i could?
damn right, but we're lucky even to have the time and inclination to even ponder such questions.

Good points. I couldn't imagine living in sub Sahara Africa. Where you know what the world has too offer but you get none of it

I'm trying to create the one I want to live in. Meanwhile, I empathize with Sisyphus more and more.=D

Well, I frequently feel like like I'm separate to everyone else. But I don't think there's any particular time in known history where I wouldn't feel that way. Mainly cause most people are really dumb.

That said, there's no time in known history I'd rather be living in than today. The scientific knowledge we have, the human rights we enjoy, the tolerance people show all in all, in the first world anyway.

Contrary to what a lot of people whom I think have no perspective seem to feel, I consider this to be overall the best times to have ever lived in for a general average every person. Especially if you aren't a white male.