• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you feel wrecked after years of semi-heavy LSD use?

Honestly, I am completely wrecked and definitely in the category of "permafried" according to most people I know. According to others, my intelligence has definitely declined dramatically as a result of my use of various drugs, but more as a result of dissociatives like DXM and PCP than proper psychedelics in my case. Though, to be honest I think everything has contributed to my current state of being, which I feel is for the better. And no, I am not exactly "stupider" now. It's just that my mind and ways of expressing and experiencing my intelligence has shifted. Which I feel is for the better. People often have told me that they think I seem like I've declined mentally. But honestly, the "stupidity" that I have felt at times and other people have noticed is an illusion. At least, it is in my case. The "intelligent" version of me as kind of a mask honestly. The version of me now is the real me. Prior to my drug use, I just didn't let the mask slip even to myself. The thing is that I am still intelligent in a sense of being a smart person in a sense. I can still understand concepts and understand how to do things.

I just no longer act like what society deems a "smart" person, nor is my thinking necessarily in line with what society deems "smart" anymore. But I am still the same person. People just think I am a complete idiot because I no longer have respect for the social rules that define what a "smart person" looks like. You are probably still smart as well, but perhaps you're like me and have just broken out of the mold that society told you personally to be in. And perhaps that new you, that real you, just doesn't feel right to you. And even if I have gotten stupider or drugs have fried my brain, I really don't give a shit honestly. Because the version of me that is here now is the best version of me. The version of me before was a puppet. A puppet of everyone else. A puppet of authority, a puppet of my family, a puppet of those around me, but the version of me that's here now is the real me. And I really don't care if other people think I'm stupid or if I fried my brain. Nor do I care if drugs have caused me some sort of actual brain damage, that's not going to stop me from doing whatever the fuck I'm going to do. Fuck that. Intelligence is not a measure of a person's worth.
Hey. Lovely way to express that, very "inteligently" in fact haha.

I can totally understand exactly where you are coming from. Essentially you are freer.

Actually, each time I trip now, I feel really stupid. Not at all points. But like 5 year old saying the most basic, primitive and substanceless thought. I think acid helps me realise how stupid I am, but I'm okay with that. It just brings it all back, it makes words and sentences and articulate, abstract thoughts seem meaningless, superficial and empty.

Just getting up here and still very stoned, so not sure how to make this point. Something to do with the humbling, ego checking aspect of tripping.

It puts our illusory supposed intellect into a clearer light. We are spiritual beings but also beasts on the 3D physical plane.

Totally with you on the whole intelligence "measuring" thing as well. So many different ways to look at that.

Okay I'm really dumbfounded currently with pitufully limited mental faculties. I just came to say I can fully relate to your thinking which is really well expressed.

You seem like a smart and Wise enough individual to me and it's really refreshing to see when people have accepted themselves so completely I am very similar to you in this sense in really not caring what anybody thinks about me. But not completely and I don't mean that in an arrogant sense of course it matters to me how I am perceived because I need that feedback and self awareness to improve myself and understand myself and how I influence and affect other people's thoughts and feelings better.

I mean it's not like another single person in this world could ever possibly understand me and make any sort of real judgement, and the same for myself towards anybody else.

Now I haven't been using LSD heavily in recent years I have only tripped about five times I think this year on 1plsd but I can definitely say unquestionably that these trips have massively helped my mind and imagination and in terms of how I am able to participate in conversation, express myself and just generally be in a better place with my thoughts and perceptions, I feel my mind, imagination and Intelligence has actually improved as a result of these trips.

I can often feel pretty stupid and humbled in the following days of a trip and also a bit irritable sometimes but then the progress and benefits and lessons unfold over the following weeks and months and there is development in my psyche and my personality each time which so far has been generally positive and subtly transformative.

Last edited:
Even after a couple of years of alcoholism, decades of chronic weed use, a year on dissociatives, and a bloody month on deliriants, I've been able to come back and solve a chess puzzle a grandmaster kept wrestling with in his youth, in real time, on acid.

Whatever intelligence is, it's related to skill, and the honing of skills is still their primary determinant, quite irrespective of chemical upheaval. It can get scary burying basic faculties underneath layers and layers of system updates, but it's never more than one focused project away from being refreshed.. if one would desire so. The greater intelligence is not getting stuck with any particular form of intelligence.

Lots of fucking idiots out there in the world. Its kind of amazing people can do so much fucked up shit and not be able to figure out the problem. I guess that speaks to how much disinformation there is, even now in the "Age of information". I wish I had realized that sooner instead of thinking that everybody had at least little bit of common sense.

I was doing a lot of bad shit back in the day. It wasn't just weed or LSD or MDMA, I was also not eating healthy, not exercising, not socializing enough, not following a huge life goal or trying to find purpose in my life, not looking for love or companionship or anything like that. I was fucking up on just about every level haha. I'm just glad I didn't kill myself because I went so low that it was a decent probability.

Age of information
Good point, I forget how we are in Aquarius, the age of information.

When in fact, it is currently and has been for a long while- the age of disinfirmation vs information. IMO this is what we are grappling with today on this planet, with far far too much deliberate and corrupt this information holding us back massively from progressing as a race.

The elitists expressly do not want us to progress, most of all in a spiritual capacity.
Hence the onslaught, oppression, lies, bewitching, slavery and the murder of the common man.

Lots of fucking idiots out there in the world. Its kind of amazing people can do so much fucked up shit and not be able to figure out the problem. I guess that speaks to how much disinformation there is, even now in the "Age of information". I wish I had realized that sooner instead of thinking that everybody had at least little bit of common sense.

I was doing a lot of bad shit back in the day. It wasn't just weed or LSD or MDMA, I was also not eating healthy, not exercising, not socializing enough, not following a huge life goal or trying to find purpose in my life, not looking for love or companionship or anything like that. I was fucking up on just about every level haha. I'm just glad I didn't kill myself because I went so low that it was a decent probability.

That's always fun, when people follow up a message by randomly rambling about disinformation. Kinda hits in a sore spot, people didn't believe I wasn't cheating at the time either. While it was a simple instance of work put in paying off, plus a bit of lysergic magic.

Oh well, your loss. Or not. Maybe it's time for your Mormonism phase.

That's always fun, when people follow up a message by randomly rambling about disinformation. Kinda hits in a sore spot, people didn't believe I wasn't cheating at the time either. While it was a simple instance of work put in paying off, plus a bit of lysergic magic.

Oh well, your loss. Or not. Maybe it's time for your Mormonism phase.

I wasn't even talking to you. I didn't like how your post was worded in the first place so I didn't reply to it at all. What was I supposted to say anyways? Clearly our experiences and our theories of those experiences are different. and they seem to be too far apart to bridge the gap with any kind of communication. I vaguely understand the premise of "you need to challenge yourself in order to rebuild your intellectual skills", which I am already doing, so what more is there to say.

my response wasn't random rambling, it just wasn't a reply to what you said. You are free to get defensive and throw shade at me although I don't appreciate it or your quick jump to insults when I didn't reply directly to you.

Last edited:
Myeah, reading people's subconscious is a poor basis for dialogue.

Not necessarily meant as insult, by the way. They get many things right in spite of their poor taste. It's fascinating, really.

ah. it absolutely felt like an insult though haha.

what did you mean then by "perhaps its time for your mormonism phase"?

I've quit all drugs including caffine and alcohol and tobacco, I work out regularly, exercise regularly, and do a whole lot of other things for my health. I pray regularly and work on my spirituality and connection with God. I don't do a lot of community service and I don't have a wife/girlfriend although those are 2 areas that could potentially boost my mood if they were done right.

I feel like I already do live a fairly mormon existence haha. It's just that I decided to do all these things because they benefit me, not because some dude who had a manic experience 188 years ago wrote a book and told me to do them.

When I was younger, I tripped every weekend, sometimes more, for years. Was there a time when I felt like I did permanent damage to myself? Yes, there was. I was depressed, aimless, and lost. That is when I stopped doing any drugs, went to Undergraduate School, went to Grad school, and have been working in the same career for 25 years. I found that over time, being kind to yourself, eating well, exercising, doing no drugs, sleeping well, all worked wonders and over the course of months (many), I began to feel like myself. Then at some point, about 7 years ago, I started getting my hands on L and started doing it again from time to time. It isn't as "magical" as it used to be, but I am almost too familiar with it. I still enjoy having a day to trip, listen to music, hang around outside, etc.

So, if anyone does enough drugs, you can fuck yourself hard, but it doesn't mean you ruined yourself. That can happen, too, naturally, but you'd be surprised what getting away from drugs for a while will do for you. To me, it was important enough to stop that I did.