Votes: 55 11.8%
  • Only in an emergency

Votes: 50 10.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 172 36.8%
  • Usually

Votes: 191 40.8%

• Total voters
No, because I'm not a total self-absorbed cunt.
There is NO excuse for driving under the influence. Ever.
As an addict I purposely chose never to learn to drive you I could never get myself into such a situation where I was inebriated enough to not give a fuck and try and drive anyway.

Being a long time pain med patient, technically I am always on my meds but since I've taken them for nearly 40 years, they truly don't mess me up. However, I drive often under the influence of cannabis. No real effect IMHO, another thing I've learned to do over many years. Back to the pain meds real quick, basically the drugs are always in my system. I do run the risk, as all pain med patients do, of something happening were I to be involved in some sort of traffic incident. I just pray that doesn't happen. I can't not work or live my life, but I try very hard to be cognizant of how I'm feeling whenever I need to drive.

Last edited:
I almost got killed driving high smoking crack. I got t boned and totaled my car. I dont care how smart I feel when I do meth I'm still not picking up the wheel again.

After a breakthrough on DMT its nice to hop in the car, get on the highway, and light a joint with the windows rolled down. Crank some music and just cruise under the stars. Absolute bliss.

Its a matter of how well you drive and your tolerance with bud. If you dont know how to drive then it seems completley insane to drive high...but people who dont know how to drive dont comprehened how easy and mechanical it is to drive (particularly if your a defensive driver.)

I have to say that I have driven many times on either the tail end or low doses of certain psychedelics. An example is when I make the 13 hour drive to visit my family. It's very long, and without something, I start to get sleepy and have a hard time not nodding out. I can take Adderall or something but I find that like 0.5mg of DOC (a psychedelic amphetamine) makes it really, really easy to focus on driving. I won't get sleepy at all for like 20 hours from it and I feel extremely sharp and alert, not high because it's a very low dose. I don't recommend this and it's really not HR but just being honest. The drive is better with the DOC, I am more alert and engaged and I don't get tired. Tired driving is as bad as drunk driving.

I have done a lot of driving high on weed, especially back in the day when I was a huge pothead. It makes me more careful, but these days I don't do it. Well these days I can't drive because I blacked out on alcohol and for some reason I snuck out of my friend's house where I was planning on sleeping and got in my car, got 2 blocks away and totaled it on a parked car. Got a DUI, I can't drive until August and I have no car. It sucks because I was at my friend's house and the next thing I knew, I was talking to cops. I'm so grateful I didn't hit a person or a car with people in it. So thankful I didn't get hurt. The moral of the story is, alcohol and driving is a really bad thing. For the rest of my life I will only drive if I'm sober. I'm planning to get a breathalyzer so I can know. I've learned that Ubers (or even better, Lyfts) are fantastic. I've met tons of cool people in them. Trust me, the cost of an uber is nothing compared to the cost of a DUI.

To be honest the DUI was an important wakeup call, because I was driving drunk a lot after band practice and stuff. Usually not very drunk but probably over the limit, but a few times it was really sketchy and I was being totally irresponsible and reckless. Something was bound to happen. It taught me a lesson for sure.

I remember one time I was smoking crack driving, I used to do this all the time , no driving issues ever, and I literally lose consciousness behind the wheel , somehow, by instinct I braked and pulled the car over. I woke up in the hospital, they said I was unresponsive and pissed myself. Who knows this could of been from.being up days at a time. Moral of story I had an adverse side effect and I was impaired involuntarily

I absolutely love driving stoned.

Roll down the windows, play some tunes, and cruise.

I was also the DDD (designated drunk driver), but that isn't nearly as fun because you have to constantly be looking out for cops etc.

I've never driven drunk. But I have driven on amphetamines and opioids before.

The former (amphetamines) I would defend, but the later (opioids) was irresponsible junkie behavior that I was quite rightly arrested and charged for.

Last edited:
That feeling when you come back 12 years later and your thread is still goin <3

Do you drive while high/tripping/rolling/nodding/drunk/buzzed/faded/shot out/etc?

1. No never
2. Very rarely only when i absolutely have to/in a emergency
3. Sometimes
4. Usually

inspired by the thread''driving better high as BS'...could a mod make it a poll please...

How many of yall DONT drive high?

As far as the definition of "sober" goes...
goin to a rave and droppin e and acid at 10pm and then driving home at 5 am in the morning once you are back down to only feeling a body buzz wouldnt count as driving sober... being "passable" dont count as sober. neither would drinkin only 4 beers in a hour but driving back after that cuz youre only buzzed and pretty straight to drive....get the idea...

so If you dont drive high you either

A: dont do any drugs until you are done driving for the day and are ready to go to bed.

B: Do drugs while out but you stay wherever youre at long enough for the drugs to completely wear off and youre sober again and only then do you drive.

C: you get rides to/from wherever youre going when you know youll be fucked up.

D: you do drugs but stay over and crash at a place til the morning when you drive home sober.

So choice 1 no, never, would be you never in your entire life drove/plan to drive after consuming some drug.

choice 2, only in a emergency, is when you plan shit out so youll 99% of the time be able to avoid drivin fucked up but sometimes some unexpected shit happens that you gotta deal with and then you try and drive as safe as you can if you really have to do it.

choice 3, sometimes, is you dont really have a problem w/it and you do it if you have to or if not driving high would be inconvenient (havin to find a ride/not bein able to smoke cuz you gotta drive home, etc)

choice 4, "usually" is pretty much on the regular. all the time whenever youre fucked up you dont second guess anything just cuz of that youll just hop in the car anyways.

So anser the poll and say any comments you might have about it....:)

Even though I have read that after stabilisation on narcotics one loses the impairment of ability to operate automobiles and machinery in a matter of days to weeks, I've never taken the chance, the result being that when I have to go places I always have at least a small entourage with me and sometimes a big one

Oh and I would say 4 for me, never second guessed driving, right after grabbing a bag and stopping at a bathroom to do it.

I don't drive when I'm actually high, that is to say impaired, no.

I do drive when I'm on my scripted meds of course. I take them at the proper doses and don't do anything on top. I have enough tolerance to my medication that this does not impair my ability to drive.

But if I get fucked up no way am I getting behind the wheel. Not only am I putting myself and others in danger but if I get caught I lose my license for a year even for a first offence. I know a bloke who got done for that because his car stank of weed. Fuck that shit mate.

One thing that is a pisstake with UK drug driving laws is that they don't take into account impairment. So if you had a spliff last week and it's still in your system you can still get done for "drug driving" even though you are not under the influence just because the drug is still technically in your body.

And yet I can legally drive on a cocktail of uppers and downers because I have a script...

For thereapeutic use, the instructions which they usually give for driving and operating machinery when starting or going to a new dose of narcotics for pain relief, digestive regulation or whatever, as well as a lot of benzodiazepines, some sedatives, stronger anticholinergics and antihistamines, and other things of the same sort are to give three to five days to a week to get used to the effects of the medication . . . I would also suggest that it is important to be cognisant of any impact of changes in blood sugar levels with any drug intended to have a metabolic effect, as well as a lot of narcotics, with morphine, hydromorphone, smack, and the like as well as methadone and relatives being the most noteworthy, and anything with beta blocker or alpha blocker effects can also lead to drastic blood pressure drops, especially as the results of interactions . . .

Generally I would think that hypnotics -- including Knockout Drops and just about any dose of alcohol, deliriants,, anaesthetics, non-depolarising muscle relaxants for surgery, Angel Dust, ether, curare, chloroform, and so on are not good for driving ability, along with rubbing alcohol, mouthwash, Aqua Velva, hair spray, cleaning fluids, eating shoe polish, Sterno, vanilla extract, horse tranquillisers, and other things of the same sort

One thing that is a pisstake with UK drug driving laws is that they don't take into account impairment. So if you had a spliff last week and it's still in your system you can still get done for "drug driving" even though you are not under the influence just because the drug is still technically in your body.

The same is true in the US. If you get tested and they find the drug metabolites in your system, you can get a DWI (driving while intoxicated). Which is so stupid because, although it makes for alcohol (they test for alcohol, which is intoxicating you while it's detectable), most other drugs are detected for by metabolites which are present well after the effects have worn off, especially with weed. With the legal weed states now, I'm not sure how much they would follow that. Not really sure. Seems like they'd have to take that into account.

The same is true in the US. If you get tested and they find the drug metabolites in your system, you can get a DWI (driving while intoxicated). Which is so stupid because, although it makes for alcohol (they test for alcohol, which is intoxicating you while it's detectable), most other drugs are detected for by metabolites which are present well after the effects have worn off, especially with weed. With the legal weed states now, I'm not sure how much they would follow that. Not really sure. Seems like they'd have to take that into account.

Exactly it's crazy and as you say it's mostly weed that's the issue here because most drugs are out of your body much quicker. Weed is a drug where you can literally have done it last week and it still shows up in your body. It means nothing.

Why don't they just apply the same logic as they do for alcohol, i.e. check if you're actually intoxicated? That's how the law used to be in the UK before they changed it. Makes much more sense.

Instead they're simply using this as an excuse to punish drug users.