• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Do Tapers really even work?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering the science behind tapering heroin or suboxone..

Like yes I understand cutting doses and lowering them to lower points to adjust it just seems like in the end you're gonna face the same pain of PAWS and you gotta jump eventually.. I'm currently day 5 of no suboxone and I'm literally dying but I didn't taper and I'm wondering if I should now

Dude, not to be condescending or anything of the like but tapering is all over the website BL.
Is this serious?
It is common sense but one sees this mostly in the rear-view mirror: Hind-sight.
Much love
P

Dude, not to be condescending or anything of the like but tapering is all over the website BL.
Is this serious?
It is common sense but one sees this mostly in the rear-view mirror: Hind-sight.
Much love
P

Yeah but it's like drawn out misery verses give it to me straight

OK.
The misery part doenst have to be a factor if tapered properly: This is the objective.
Now... to define proper taper will always depend on the individual and the substance that is to be tapered.
Bro... before I found out about tapering (BL) I would freaking bug the fuck out for a few weeks after running out of benzos... over and over. Now not only do I not bug out if I run out but I rarely run out as I know that it is more of a PITA to taper than to just not eat em all up. Guess one approach is pro-active and the other is post-active.
Tapering does indeed offer a cushion for when one does jump off.
Say I drop a 100mg oxy a day habit outright... I am looking to bust my head and hurt for a few days (again; depending on substance) with little to no hope at easement.
But if I taper to say 20mg, 10mg or 5mg there are OTC meds that can and will help with the final jump.

I;ve decided to take 1 mg of suboxone every 3rd day for the next 21 days. Hope it pays off because cold turkey from 8mg iv a day was absolute suicide

Yeah man I've been addicted to Bupe for years now and the cold turkey withdrawals off 8mgs is brutal. I'm actually kinda disappointed in myself for taking 8mgs daily again after tapering down to 4mgs but I have been having some painful stomach issues so I feel its justified. But with something like Heroin I find tapering to be impossible cuz I just compulsively use it all till it's gone. But with Bupe I cam have stockpile like I do know maybe 6 months worth if I'm smart.

Why are you coming off it?

I find my Opioid Addiction to be a hundred times more manageable when on it daily. My main reason for trying to take less is because of concern of supply due to covid19.

Yeah man I've been addicted to Bupe for years now and the cold turkey withdrawals off 8mgs is brutal. I'm actually kinda disappointed in myself for taking 8mgs daily again after tapering down to 4mgs but I have been having some painful stomach issues so I feel its justified. But with something like Heroin I find tapering to be impossible cuz I just compulsively use it all till it's gone. But with Bupe I cam have stockpile like I do know maybe 6 months worth if I'm smart.

Why are you coming off it?

I find my Opioid Addiction to be a hundred times more manageable when on it daily. My main reason for trying to take less is because of concern of supply due to covid19.

To be honest I couldnt have sex with my girlfriend and it made me so mad I said fk this im done with it

I can only bust easily when I take like 4mgs, which is why like today I fucked her in the morning before I took my Bupe and it was so good. I find that when I'm in minor Opioid withdrawal like that it makes the sex feel way more intense. I understand the frustration about the sexual stuff though when I was on 16mgs a day it would be so hard for me to climax I would just give up. A deff positive to being on the lower doses is it helps with frisky times for sure.

I can only bust easily when I take like 4mgs, which is why like today I fucked her in the morning before I took my Bupe and it was so good. I find that when I'm in minor Opioid withdrawal like that it makes the sex feel way more intense. I understand the frustration about the sexual stuff though when I was on 16mgs a day it would be so hard for me to climax I would just give up. A deff positive to being on the lower doses is it helps with frisky times for sure.

yeah isnt it funny dude the opiate withdrawal orgasm / sex is incredible hahaha

Tapers work, but it takes a lot of willpower and it's very difficult in that sense. If you taper slowly enough, it can be relatively painless. When you do finally jump off, you do, of course, still have to withdraw, and PAWS is still a thing. But jumping off of 8mg of suboxone is going to be MUCH more painful than jumping off 1mg, for example.

I;ve decided to take 1 mg of suboxone every 3rd day for the next 21 days. Hope it pays off because cold turkey from 8mg iv a day was absolute suicide

Cutting out days is the most effective form of tapering, IMO. It really does end up being a lot less painful to finally jump off entirely.