• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do seeds from dried poppy pods work?

Sk1500

Bluelighter
Quick question (I mean it this time) lol.

I was going to try making a quick poppy seed tea. I use pods but occasionally keep the seeds. I'm on a large daily dose of pods, minimum 60g up to 240g which was too much but I'm here. For anyone new to pods whose somehow reading this start low on pods, 15-25g ish.

I throw away the majority of the seeds, probably only kept 10% max. Trying to have a clear out, found box of some collected seeds (from dried pods), I weighed it on bathroom scales and there's 27kg (59lbs).

I was glancing through old posts and found a comment from someone saying "you do know that seeds from dried pods don't work".

Is that correct? I know with my tolerance that'd probably only be about a weeks worth anyway lol.

Was just wondering if anyone knows if that's true?

Also can you plant the seeds from dried pods?

Cheers 👍

The opium is in the latex, and poppy seeds for baking purposes have some on the outside when not washed (as most brands do nowadays) but it's contamination from cutting open the fresh pods. So, when the pods were dried as a whole, there's possibility that it indeed doesn't work but I never used pods so can't tell for sure.

The opium is in the latex, and poppy seeds for baking purposes have some on the outside when not washed (as most brands do nowadays) but it's contamination from cutting open the fresh pods. So, when the pods were dried as a whole, there's possibility that it indeed doesn't work but I never used pods so can't tell for sure.
Thanks, I'll just use them as a weights set then lol

59 pounds of seeds? Wow, I can not imagine! There will be some opium contamination on the seeds, but of course the amount of opium will not come close to the pods.

59 pounds of seeds? Wow, I can not imagine! There will be some opium contamination on the seeds, but of course the amount of opium will not come close to the pods.
I messed up working it out into lbs lol not used to using them..... large container and its about 26-27lbs of seeds.

Trying to cut it back as I've heard that pod WD is one of the hardest things to do. Since the end of August I've bought 46kg (102lbs), 8kg untouched. The pod part of the poppy (when there sent without stalk averages 54%

Need to cut back though and was wondering if the seeds from dried pods might be a way to help or contribute 🤷‍♂️

I do need to get that, my morphine and Diazepam lower. I've managed to reduce my intake dramatically in the past few days from around 120g right down to 70. Partly by mixing the powder into a large glass of water, leaving it to soak for a bit, mixing in sugar to keep it down. Definitely get the most from it but gives me really uncomfortable stomach the next day 😕

I have gotten decent effects from seeds.

Just a speculative observation, but if you know how to wash the seeds and the water turns nice and dark, you'll know there's some in there.

I have managed to stop withdrawals from heroin every once in awhile by drinking enough seed tea, along with a couple tokes of cannabis.

If the seeds look dark and clumpy, you'll know they have some residue on them. If they're white & look blue & gray, they are usually not good.

Of course, this was seeds from stores & it can be really hit or miss since a lot of them get washed.

Do you remember how you got the seeds out? If you remember doing it in a way that the latex got on them, then it's possible they might have a very mild effect.

I think the seeds also contain other psychoactive compounds that cause sedation on their own.

If you know how to do a proper seed wash, it could be worth a try. That's a lot of seeds.

Just a speculative observation, but if you know how to wash the seeds and the water turns nice and dark, you'll know there's some in there.

I have managed to stop withdrawals from heroin every once in awhile by drinking enough seed tea, along with a couple tokes of cannabis.

If the seeds look dark and clumpy, you'll know they have some residue on them. If they're white & look blue & gray, they are usually not good.

Of course, this was seeds from stores & it can be really hit or miss since a lot of them get washed.

Do you remember how you got the seeds out? If you remember doing it in a way that the latex got on them, then it's possible they might have a very mild effect.

I think the seeds also contain other psychoactive compounds that cause sedation on their own.

If you know how to do a proper seed wash, it could be worth a try. That's a lot of seeds.
Hi.

There a mixture of very dark ones as well as ones that are ashy or slightly grey, I haven't seen any white ones.

I'm almost like a conveyer belt when prepping pods lol, so I do one slice down the centre then another slice a few cms away, take out that 1st fragment and then pour all the seeds into a large tub. Then make a indent with the knife through the spiky top bit and divide each pod into 5 or 6 sections and put them into container. I get them in 2kg (4.4lb) sacks and try to do at least ½ each bag like that. Then cut across the pods once I need a change of 'job' into roughly 1cm strips (ready for the grinder).

Generally I've noticed that the ones that are very black and clumpy stick to the inside of the pods and I use a knife turned sidewards to scrap out or use a spike.

So if I start from now and separate the clumpy black ones and black ones into a different container than the ashy grey looking ones and use those.

Hi.

There a mixture of very dark ones as well as ones that are ashy or slightly grey, I haven't seen any white ones.

I'm almost like a conveyer belt when prepping pods lol, so I do one slice down the centre then another slice a few cms away, take out that 1st fragment and then pour all the seeds into a large tub. Then make a indent with the knife through the spiky top bit and divide each pod into 5 or 6 sections and put them into container. I get them in 2kg (4.4lb) sacks and try to do at least ½ each bag like that. Then cut across the pods once I need a change of 'job' into roughly 1cm strips (ready for the grinder).

Generally I've noticed that the ones that are very black and clumpy stick to the inside of the pods and I use a knife turned sidewards to scrap out or use a spike.
The ones that are clumpy and sticky are the ones that have some residue on them from my experience.

If they are all you have to work with, it might not hurt to do a wash and try them.

People have overdosed on seeds, so they can definitely be active & it's often not easy to really tell how much morphine is actually on them some times.
So if you do try, I'd recommend sipping lightly and giving yourself some time. The effects can take awhile to come on & last quite awhile. It's very heavy, stoney, not always euphoric in my experience. But it can put me to bed & stop my stomach during withdrawal.

The dark sticky, clumpy ones are definitely the way to go. Especially if they have bits of pod in or stuck on them.

The ones that are clumpy and sticky are the ones that have some residue on them from my experience.

If they are all you have to work with, it might not hurt to do a wash and try them.

People have overdosed on seeds, so they can definitely be active & it's often not easy to really tell how much morphine is actually on them some times.
So if you do try, I'd recommend sipping lightly and giving yourself some time. The effects can take awhile to come on & last quite awhile. It's very heavy, stoney, not always euphoric in my experience. But it can put me to bed & stop my stomach during withdrawal.
Ok thanks 👍

Are the effects different to the effects from the pods?

I've used up to ½lb of pod powder in a day, plus these are very good quality pods, only a few times though. I use 4 espresso makers to make them rather than the traditional tea method and this increases the potency too.

So I start with the 1st 2 (9 Cup Bialetti makers, which hold between 25-35g of powder in each). I then pour that into plastic jug. Then I fill up the other 2 espresso makers with powder and pour the first batch of tea through the fresh powder. This also gives the Bialetti makers to cool down. Once the tea has been made from the 2nd lot of espresso makers, I'll open them up, look for any dry spots and I'll either use a razor thin blade or a spike and rerun again through those and then repeat the process on the other 2 makers. So it comes out incredibly condensed. I've even down this and repeated it again!!!! I think that was too much.

I can always tell when it's really hit me because I'll look in the mirror and whilst my left eye is still looking straight ahead, my right eye starts turning outwards 😅

Ok thanks 👍

Are the effects different to the effects from the pods?

I've used up to ½lb of pod powder in a day, plus these are very good quality pods, only a few times though. I use 4 espresso makers to make them rather than the traditional tea method and this increases the potency too.

So I start with the 1st 2 (9 Cup Bialetti makers, which hold between 25-35g of powder in each). I then pour that into plastic jug. Then I fill up the other 2 espresso makers with powder and pour the first batch of tea through the fresh powder. This also gives the Bialetti makers to cool down. Once the tea has been made from the 2nd lot of espresso makers, I'll open them up, look for any dry spots and I'll either use a razor thin blade or a spike and rerun again through those and then repeat the process on the other 2 makers. So it comes out incredibly condensed. I've even down this and repeated it again!!!! I think that was too much.

I can always tell when it's really hit me because I'll look in the mirror and whilst my left eye is still looking straight ahead, my right eye starts turning outwards 😅
Unfortunately I've never tried whole pods, so I can't make a very good comparison.

I usually take all the seeds I'm gonna use, usually a few grams depending on potency and will shake them in a bottle with a little water & some lemon juice. I do this for maybe 2-3 minutes and then quickly drink the water, straining it with my teeth.

I'd imagine the pods are much better and probably more euphoric.

One time I got a bunch of seeds form the store & did this and then ate a pizza and smoked a bowl of cannabis and was nodding out. Was very euphoric too and had to sleep it off because it was that intense.

So it's really variable, Some people have very mild, non-eiuphoric experiences (which is what the majority of my experiences is with it) but then there are those random times where people, including myself actually get something good from it.

I could always tell when it was coming on because I'd get that feeling in my stomach, like a cramp letting me know I'm gonna be constipated. lol And then the relaxed limbs and desire to lay down or eat will come on. I think part of this experience is also from the chemical in the seeds that is psychoactive (but not an opiate). I forget it's name, but it can cause side effects like sedation, which you wouldn't get from a pod. I will have to look this up and again and come back. This is usually a bigger problem too if you let the seeds soak too long and the chemicals inside of them start to leach out.

Unfortunately I've never tried whole pods, so I can't make a very good comparison.

I usually take all the seeds I'm gonna use, usually a few grams depending on potency and will shake them in a bottle with a little water & some lemon juice. I do this for maybe 2-3 minutes and then quickly drink the water, straining it with my teeth.

I'd imagine the pods are much better and probably more euphoric.

One time I got a bunch of seeds form the store & did this and then ate a pizza and smoked a bowl of cannabis and was nodding out. Was very euphoric too and had to sleep it off because it was that intense.

So it's really variable, Some people have very mild, non-eiuphoric experiences (which is what the majority of my experiences is with it) but then there are those random times where people, including myself actually get something good from it.

I could always tell when it was coming on because I'd get that feeling in my stomach, like a cramp letting me know I'm gonna be constipated. lol And then the relaxed limbs and desire to lay down or eat will come on. I think part of this experience is also from the chemical in the seeds that is psychoactive (but not an opiate). I forget it's name, but it can cause side effects like sedation, which you wouldn't get from a pod. I will have to look this up and again and come back. This is usually a bigger problem too if you let the seeds soak too long and the chemicals inside of them start to leach out.
Ok cheers buddy,

I've always been told that the pods are much more potent than the seeds but if there is a substance in the seeds that isn't in the pod that could obviously changes things.

Good in terms of having an effect but bad for knowing dosage. If you find out what that is would be good.

Thanks my friend 👍

Ok cheers buddy,

I've always been told that the pods are much more potent than the seeds but if there is a substance in the seeds that isn't in the pod that could obviously changes things.

Good in terms of having an effect but bad for knowing dosage. If you find out what that is would be good.

Thanks my friend 👍
Pods though can be really noddy, especially to start with but then prescribed 40mg Diazepam as well and 150-200mg Oramorph. Also I started sleep walking which I'd never done (I'm 42) and the effects can last for ages. I was at my dad's woke up the next morning, went to make a coffee. My dad took dog for walk, came back about ½ hour later and I'd fallen asleep standing and leaning against the kitchen worktop, I'd gotten glass bottle of mayonnaise out (instead of the milk) lol. Thats when my tolerance was relatively low 25-30g a day and it'd been about 20 hours after I'd had the pods.

Definitely worth trying to get pods I'm guessing your in US though?

I am in the US, yes.

I believe the other alkaloids pr present could be noscapine and paperavine.
Although the sedative chemical I'm thinking of is inside the seed itself (or so I thought).

I'll have to keep looking and see where I saw that info.