View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do San Pedro seeds contain Mescaline

nomoredelusions

Greenlighter
I understand that the cactus itself contains the alkaloid, but I am wondering if the seeds contain it as well. My point of view that the seed would contain more potent amounts of the alkaloid, but im not even sure if it does contain it at all because I might think that the alkaloid is developed through some sort of photosynthesis process during the growth of the cactus.

So do the seeds themselves contain the alkaloid and is it more potent concentration.

Im not sure if this is the right place for this thread.

Last edited:
Pretty sure they don't, I think the plant itself produces it when alive via some sort of conversion process from other compounds present. Not 100% but yeah if you could trip off them it would probably be more well documented.

The alkaloids are primarily concentrated in the layers below the upper dermis - in or near the green part of the skin and a little below that, but not the waxy toplayer or the insides / core. It is meant to be a deterrent for pests as the plants are quite conservative living in hostile environments. That the green skin layers also involve photosynthesis is probably sort of a coincidence since the outside (well, below the waxy top layer) is both exposed to sunlight as well as to animals.

Yes sometimes plants do contain psychoactive in their seeds, or in the seed husks like HBWR, perhaps also to deter animals from eating seeds or as a coincidence / byproduct of the general biosynthesis of alkaloids in the plants. However often plants benefit from seeds being eaten and crapped out because they can travel along with the animals.

Mescaline requires such high doses that even if there are traces in the seeds, it is really irrelevant / pointless. Much more pointless than even poppy seeds which also require huge amounts for use as a drug and also work well from the poppy tissue and latex still stuck on the seeds, although even washed seeds seem to work.

Also, the cactus seeds are really small and they are usually sold in packages of about 10-30 seeds which doesn't weigh even a gram.