• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do really high thc plants (like 28%) have more of a sativa like effect?

jeng1128

Bluelighter
So I am pondering this as I'm super high. I'm smoking a strain that's crazy high in thc content (27.6%) and although people claim it to be indica dominant it seems like it's most definitely a sativa to me. So I said to the girl because I had a pretty high thc content strain last time (23.9%) which was also supposedly indica dominant and she told me that it's because of how much thc was in it. Any weed experts know the answer??

Nah. Sativas and indicas can both be either high or low in THC. These exceptionally high THC plants are hybrids of both that have been bred for THC content.

But if by sativa effects you mean that it's an "upper" I think that might have to do with being harvested too early, when the trichomes are still translucent. This is when the plant is at peak THC. Letting it mature a bit longer (when the trichomes start turning amber) would decrease the THC content as it would degrade to CBN but the cannabinoid/terpenoid profile at this point would make the high less uppy... The market likes high THC numbers and commercial growers are happy to harvest as soon as the plant isn't really putting on weight anymore so... growing your own is the best way to get the kind of weed you want.

Weed like that has a name. 99% of the time you can find everything you want to know about a strain through google.

What's the name?

Sativas tend to be more thc dominant. Good sativa like Durban poison contains thcv, which is extremely beneficial more so then thc imo

It's a crazy name. The name is Theraplant 1011(swear it) but it is crossed with Hawaiian Chem x lemon alien dash.

It's a crazy name. The name is Theraplant 1011(swear it) but it is crossed with Hawaiian Chem x lemon alien dash.
That's awesome.

Now that you have the names you can make an educated guess as to how it will feel by looking at it's parents' genetics. You can always go back and ask the owner exactly what phenotype each of the parents are if you are unsure, but you have most of the information already it looks like. Hawaiian Chem sounds like a sativa dominant strain to me and the lemon alien dash is probably an indica dominant (but I'm not familiar with "dash" so I could be completely wrong).

I would guess this strain (Theraplant) to be just slightly sativa dominant (somewhere around 60/40), but I would need to talk to the owner to be sure. What I would do is ask for the manager or owner of the place, and ask him directly for the parent genetic information. As others noted though, labeling sativa or indica is not a sure fire way to tell how it will make you feel.

Anyway I found an article on your situation/location and it looks like currently Theraplant 1011 is the only game in town for the MMJ for you. This should quickly change and it explains why you might be seeing such high prices as well. This grower currently has a monopoly on the Connecticut market. Like I said though, with time this will quickly change.

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/In-Connecticut-legal-marijuana-comes-at-high-cost-5776347.php

That's awesome.

Now that you have the names you can make an educated guess as to how it will feel by looking at it's parents' genetics. You can always go back and ask the owner exactly what phenotype each of the parents are if you are unsure, but you have most of the information already it looks like. Hawaiian Chem sounds like a sativa dominant strain to me and the lemon alien dash is probably an indica dominant (but I'm not familiar with "dash" so I could be completely wrong).

I would guess this strain (Theraplant) to be just slightly sativa dominant (somewhere around 60/40), but I would need to talk to the owner to be sure. What I would do is ask for the manager or owner of the place, and ask him directly for the parent genetic information. As others noted though, labeling sativa or indica is not a sure fire way to tell how it will make you feel.

Anyway I found an article on your situation/location and it looks like currently Theraplant 1011 is the only game in town for the MMJ for you. This should quickly change and it explains why you might be seeing such high prices as well. This grower currently has a monopoly on the Connecticut market. Like I said though, with time this will quickly change.

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/In-Connecticut-legal-marijuana-comes-at-high-cost-5776347.php
Omg I feel like a complete idiot. I was so stoned my spell checker changed kush to dash lol, you're like I'm not familiar with"dash." I feel like the biggest idiot��.)

Omg, I was just writing about that in a different post lol. I haven't read the article yet, I'm gonna as soon as I write this. I figured the Hawaiian Chem would be (Hawaiian x Chemdawg-they love using that strain) and the lemon alien kush would be lemon kush x alien(they love that strain too.) Again this is just an educated guess. But after smoking 2.5 grams(how much I bought) it's WAY more indica dominant that the 09, so the whole thc thing was bs.

Omg, I was just writing about that in a different post lol. I haven't read the article yet, I'm gonna as soon as I write this. I figured the Hawaiian Chem would be (Hawaiian x Chemdawg-they love using that strain) and the lemon alien kush would be lemon kush x alien(they love that strain too.) Again this is just an educated guess.
OK so the Hawaiian is a sativa dom and the Chemdawg can be either (it depends on the cut, but for your sake let's say it's my favorite chemdawg #4, then it's an indica dom). The lemon kush is an indica dom, the alien could be either depending on the cut, but for simplicity sake let's say it's an indica too.

So essentially what we have is a Sativa dom crossed with an Indica dom (Hawaiin Chem) and another Indica dom crossed with an Indica dom (lemon alien kush). Without going into too much math we already see how much indica influence HAS to be in the strain. Either way though, this strain is clearly a hybrid (but an interesting one at that---I would LOVE to try this :)

OK so the Hawaiian is a sativa dom and the Chemdawg can be either (it depends on the cut, but for your sake let's say it's my favorite chemdawg #4, then it's an indica dom). The lemon kush is an indica dom, the alien could be either depending on the cut, but for simplicity sake let's say it's an indica too.

So essentially what we have is a Sativa dom crossed with an Indica dom (Hawaiin Chem) and another Indica dom crossed with an Indica dom (lemon alien kush). Without going into too much math we already see how much indica influence HAS to be in the strain. Either way though, this strain is clearly a hybrid (but an interesting one at that---I would LOVE to try this :)
Oh it's a great strain. With 27% thc I couldn't resist trying it. I bought 2.5grams for $50(I know ridiculous) but it's definitely indica dominant. The other problem with Ct's mmj is how they sell it to u. They don't mention this in the article(thanks for that btw) but the weed is ground up. Not to the point of putting it in a grinder but like if you broke it up by hand for a joint. We have a petition going because who the he'll wants ground up weed?? And u can't see it first, it's ludicrous to us cannabis lovers!! The people @ that place theraplant are assholes. I said in another post about how the pharmacist told me the 4 grow houses were allowed to start growing on 9/22. She told me that they just started growing way early so they could basically have a monopoly on the industry. GREED. For as much as "they care" it seems to all come down to $ like everything else.

The people selling it! :D Easy to mix all kinds of cheaper stuff in etc... Shorter shelf-life though. But I guess they indeed don't care.
What's crazy about this is that it's actually not the dispensaries or the growers, it's a state law!! I think my state thinks if they only sell ground
Up (or at least extremely small buds) you can't sell it on the black market. The crazy thing is you could never sell it on the black market anyway because an oz costs in between $500-$600. How the he'll would anyone make money off that!!lol

What's crazy about this is that it's actually not the dispensaries or the growers, it's a state law!! I think my state thinks if they only sell ground
Up (or at least extremely small buds) you can't sell it on the black market. The crazy thing is you could never sell it on the black market anyway because an oz costs in between $500-$600. How the he'll would anyone make money off that!!lol

If I was some kind of paranoid pothead I'd claim that organizations involved in the black market have influenced lawmakers to make decisions that don't eat too much into black market profits.

Depends on the CBD content I would think.
I'm no expert but isn't it possible to have an indica dominant plant that happens to be low in CBD and high in thc?

I think the effect on the user is derived from two variables. The amount of CBD and how the user reacts to the drug individually.