• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do pharmacists use drugs?

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Pharmacists dispense all those narcotics everyday. I wonder if they are ever tempted to use drugs? ;)

Is drug use more common among pharmacists than average people?

That's a good question.... I don't know the answer. However, I do know that some pharmacists use drugs. There is definitely a solid number of pharmacists who smoke cannabis I can tell you from personal experience. I have participated in a smoke circle which contained about 10 pharmacists before if that means anything. The other thing I can tell you is that taking schedule II substances from the pharmacy is nearly impossible to do without getting caught. The ones who like stimulants are usually smart enough to get a prescription. Opioids on the other hand, the pharmacist would have to be very discrete and never appear impaired and never show signs of instability. We deal with the public all day long, and co-workers all day long. Then there is the worry about what your friends know, vs what your professional contacts know. Keeping those things separate can be a risky challenge. The ones who do use street drugs in general and regularly are usually flawless at hiding it and functioning on whatever it is. Otherwise suspicion arises somewhere and the pharmacist will lose job and have their license pulled. This leaves a small subset of people that you likely won't be able to identify their drug use. As far as temptation... if you've ever enjoyed opiates in your life at all, sure, there is a degree of temptation. The outcomes that could/would come from satisfying that temptation are simply not worth it.

Last edited:
I'd gone to this drug program in the past and there was actually an ex-pharmasist. He had developed an addiction and got caught, I'd became pretty chill with him when we met, we used to talk about opiates together quite a bit. He was really into shooting Hydromorphone and Morphine. He had lost his job because of the addiction.

He had been diverting medication to him self for awhile and it got out of control. During that period he was living on the Streets and shooting up Heroin. Really hope he got things figured out and is doing alright. So yeah he git high as a kite for free and then eventually became fucked. But it must have wonderful to push all that Dilaudid in your veins on the regular.

* this all took place over 15 years ago, different area then it would be in Pharmacies these days with the crackdown *

Last edited:
Years ago I knew a Pharmacist who was using. How do I know? I would always be 5 pills short and I can only imagine how many other scripts he stole from. I didn't want to snitch him out but I did put a random call in saying my scripts had all been short and they never were again. Must have been talked to.

As for now? No way. Maybe they use in their free time but NEVER from the Pharmacy supply. I have had Pharmacies tell me (in the US) that they are so afraid of the DEA they refuse to even carry certain drugs! Oxycodone is on top of this list. Some carry zero narcotics at all (mostly mom and pop local pharmacies). People are truly scared here man and even a SINGLE missing pill would resort to them losing their job or license. Hell, even in Hospice care these evil bastards come to count the medication and if it is off they take all of it away and let you die painfully.

Pharmacists dispense all those narcotics everyday. I wonder if they are ever tempted to use drugs? ;)

Is drug use more common among pharmacists than average people?

Possibly. Drug use is much more common in nurses than the general population. As many as 1 in 5 nurses use narcotic drugs for non-medical purposes.

I would ask instead: do doctors use drugs?
Pharmacy has all the stuff controlled by computer so it's risky to steal even 1 box, the computer knows exactly the quantity etc.... but in hospital I believe you can steal some morphine and shoot it, just to make an example. I mean with all the operations they do it's normal that the morphine is used so much, it's like water... so maybe steal it it's less risky than a pharmacy.
My opinion?
Your "opinion" is 100% fact. Im in the medical field and I know this is true.