• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Do other drugs give LTCs?

Nambo

Bluelighter
Other than mdma and/or ecstacy do other drugs give LTCs (or equivalent)?

Various drugs can be a trigger for latent mental health issues, not sure if that counts as a "long term comedown" per se?

An LTC isnt actually a real thing, and Im not sayin the issues dont exist for people, I just mean an 'LTC' isnt a used term for mental/physical illness caused by drugs. So it depends on what you perceive an LTC to be and what youre specifically asking? IMO most cases of an LTC come in 4 types;
1. Some sort of anxiety/depression disorder at various levels
2.DP/DR (extreme anxiety response)
3. HPPD/vision problems (usually co-morbid with 1. And 2.)
4. Other random physical/mental afflictions (e.g. few have complained of just muscle twitches and nothing else) that may or may not be related to drug use

Thats just my take on it, but with that being said, pretty much most drugs could bring out some form of mental health disorder, including alcohol. As for DP/DR again, Ive read of numerous drugs setting it off. HPPD tends to be more focused on the psychedlic family of drugs and things like MDMA, diphenhydramine, ketamine etc.

For me, MDMA + MXE (well, it felt more like MXE or something similar rather than the ketamine we thought we were getting) caused my 'LTC' which has consisted of moderate DP/DR and mild HPPD. But in hindsight, I believe the MXE is to blame, or at least the addition of that is to blame, I had been consuming MDMA on and off for around 8 year period with very little issue up until this point except maybe some mild anxiety/depression caused by use.

Hope this answers your question! Are you worried it might have been something else that caused your LTC out of interest?

An LTC isnt actually a real thing, and Im not sayin the issues dont exist for people, I just mean an 'LTC' isnt a used term for mental/physical illness caused by drugs. So it depends on what you perceive an LTC to be and what youre specifically asking? IMO most cases of an LTC come in 4 types;
1. Some sort of anxiety/depression disorder at various levels
2.DP/DR (extreme anxiety response)
3. HPPD/vision problems (usually co-morbid with 1. And 2.)
4. Other random physical/mental afflictions (e.g. few have complained of just muscle twitches and nothing else) that may or may not be related to drug use

Thats just my take on it, but with that being said, pretty much most drugs could bring out some form of mental health disorder, including alcohol. As for DP/DR again, Ive read of numerous drugs setting it off. HPPD tends to be more focused on the psychedlic family of drugs and things like MDMA, diphenhydramine, ketamine etc.

For me, MDMA + MXE (well, it felt more like MXE or something similar rather than the ketamine we thought we were getting) caused my 'LTC' which has consisted of moderate DP/DR and mild HPPD. But in hindsight, I believe the MXE is to blame, or at least the addition of that is to blame, I had been consuming MDMA on and off for around 8 year period with very little issue up until this point except maybe some mild anxiety/depression caused by use.

Hope this answers your question! Are you worried it might have been something else that caused your LTC out of interest?
Thanks for your take on it. Yes I agree LTC is just jargon for the plethora of symptoms which some people experience. I seem to be the very unlucky one who is battling the majority of them. I purportedly consumed ecstacy (a number of them) pills which literally blew my brains. Was just wondering what other drugs could do the same.

I've heard cases of people taking too much LSD and ended up with LTC as well.

How about alcohol? problems with liver/other organs count as LTC? Or we're talking brain-balance only?

Quite a few people have anxiety disorders that only come up after use of a substance, especially if you use frequently or in large amounts.

You may be experiencing an anxiety or depressive disorder that you generally don't feel until you have used. Just stay straight for a little and check to see if your symptoms subside. If they do not, I would see a doctor about finding out why you feel the way you feel.

How about alcohol? problems with liver/other organs count as LTC? Or we're talking brain-balance only?

Good question. I would love to hear an answer to this. Would Hep C be considered LTC?

I wouldn't call this phenomena a LTC in other drugs. MDMA is a heavy releaser of neurotransmitters , specifically serotonin. It takes a long time for your brain to build normal levels of serotonin after using MDMA. If you abuse MDMA (say on a binge) and get a long term comedown you've made it very difficult for your brain to replenish your natural levels of serotonin and depending on the severity of abuse it could take months to years to decades to be normal again.'

Other drugs typically have very short lived and intense effects when you abuse them. Abuse coke heavily and the next few days will be shit, but there's no significant serotonin release to halt recovery. Psychedelics don't usually give this effect either because they mimic serotonin much more than they release it.