• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do Opioids Absorb Better/Having Higher BA with Acidic Stomach or No?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I cannot for the life of me remember or find the answer on google.
Is it better to have a more acidic stomach (drinking coffee, soda, stuff like that) or less acidic (antacids, omeprazole etc)?

Alcohol also makes you process opioids faster.

I didn't know that! Unfortunately I can't drink as I'm a recovered* alcoholic. Alcohol could kill me too as I literally drank my pancreas right out of my system (which sucks as it immediately resulted in me becoming a completely insulin-dependant diabetic).

*yes, I believe you can fully recover, I don't go for that AA BS

I don't think cimitidine is a thing in my country, but will try the tums, thanks. I assume that means less acidity is good.
Yes the lower the acid the better but if you can't get some cimetidine you can use antihistamines like doxylamine, hydroxyzine and promethazine or meclizine ect

Adding DXM would potentiate it too

My go to when I was low on oxy was to pop tums 30 min before. Usually made 60mg hit a little bit harder (normal dose was 90mg), but could be placebo. There is proof though that lower acidity does help with bioavailability, but I don't have any literature or studies for it. Just remember from years of looking through Reddit.

Like spaced said DXM and first generation antihistamines work very well too. Only tried diphenhydramine and DXM, but low doses of DXM like 30-60mg and 25-50mg DPH really did add a boost to my high and the DPH also helps a lot with the itching. Only side effect is it makes the more stimulating opiates feel sedating which is great for at home on the couch not so much for doing work or being around people who don't or shouldn't know you are high.

Caffeine also pairs well too and I wouldn't get too deep into worrying about stomach acidity and other small things like that unless you are really stretching your pills. I've drank coffee plenty of times and I have GERD and I've never noticed a decrease in high. Pretty much the opposite caffeine + oxy are a beautiful match increased euphoria and productivity.

Caffeine also pairs well too and I wouldn't get too deep into worrying about stomach acidity and other small things like that unless you are really stretching your pills. I've drank coffee plenty of times and I have GERD and I've never noticed a decrease in high. Pretty much the opposite caffeine + oxy are a beautiful match increased euphoria and productivity.
Absolutely factual

Yes the lower the acid the better but if you can't get some cimetidine you can use antihistamines like doxylamine, hydroxyzine and promethazine or meclizine ect

Adding DXM would potentiate it too

I have Cyclizine (I think it's known as Marezine in the U.S.) it's the same type of anti-histamine as Diphenhydramine or Doxylamine, but prescription-only (like Hydroxyzine). I blagged my way to a prescription for it for "positional vertigo" to potentiate opioids, plus it helps with the itching.

My go to when I was low on oxy was to pop tums 30 min before. Usually made 60mg hit a little bit harder (normal dose was 90mg), but could be placebo. There is proof though that lower acidity does help with bioavailability, but I don't have any literature or studies for it. Just remember from years of looking through Reddit.

Like spaced said DXM and first generation antihistamines work very well too. Only tried diphenhydramine and DXM, but low doses of DXM like 30-60mg and 25-50mg DPH really did add a boost to my high and the DPH also helps a lot with the itching. Only side effect is it makes the more stimulating opiates feel sedating which is great for at home on the couch not so much for doing work or being around people who don't or shouldn't know you are high.

Would Tums or similar (they're calcium carbonate, right?) act similarly to Omeprazole? I also take Gabapentin and antacids significantly decrease it;s absorption (it actually has a warning saying not to take them within 2 hours before or after the Gabapentin), or are they totally different?

Definitely around people who can't know I'm high (parents) but I just tell them it's my blood sugar* if they notice anything. Very high blood sugar makes you extremely lethargic and sleepy and hypoglycemia sometimes legit makes me high in a hyperactive and giddy way, so I have a good cover there.
I don't work and also have agoraphobia, so going out isn't an issue.
I'll try the DXM, I think, if I can stand it. You can't get the caps where I live so if I wanna do DXM you gotta drink that nasty cherry syrup (the Robitussin Dry Cough stuff). Thanks for the dosing advice. I've never done huge doses anyway (maybe 300mg is the most I've done) as I don't wanna go beyond the second plateau.

*I'm an insulin-dependant diabetic

Would Tums or similar (they're calcium carbonate, right?) act similarly to Omeprazole? I also take Gabapentin and antacids significantly decrease it;s absorption (it actually has a warning saying not to take them within 2 hours before or after the Gabapentin), or are they totally different?
Tums and Omeprazole both reduce stomach acid so yes.
Definitely around people who can't know I'm high (parents) but I just tell them it's my blood sugar* if they notice anything. Very high blood sugar makes you extremely lethargic and sleepy and hypoglycemia sometimes legit makes me high in a hyperactive and giddy way, so I have a good cover there.
I don't work and also have agoraphobia, so going out isn't an issue.
I'll try the DXM, I think, if I can stand it. You can't get the caps where I live so if I wanna do DXM you gotta drink that nasty cherry syrup (the Robitussin Dry Cough stuff). Thanks for the dosing advice. I've never done huge doses anyway (maybe 300mg is the most I've done) as I don't wanna go beyond the second plateau.

*I'm an insulin-dependant diabetic
I would stick to 30mg DXM since you are hiding your high from your parents. Any higher isn't worth the risk IMO DXM can be very sedating when mixed with opioids + you are already on an antihistamine which will just add to that sedation any more. And definitely don't robotrip while on opioids (I don't know if you were just telling me that you have before or if you were planning on it so just wanted to add that just in case)

I have Cyclizine (I think it's known as Marezine in the U.S.) it's the same type of anti-histamine as Diphenhydramine or Doxylamine, but prescription-only (like Hydroxyzine). I blagged my way to a prescription for it for "positional vertigo" to potentiate opioids, plus it helps with the itching.
Cyclizine is one of the best potentiators as far as antihistamines go but it's not diphenhydramine

Diphenhydramine/ benadryl is a pretty poor potentiators though the synergy is nice