• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do opiates decrease testosterone levels in men?

Synthetix- i thought my dick was BROKEN until i read your last post! when i was using heroin i couldnt come, i had no sexual urge, everything you just said down to a tee. The scary thing is, now that im on bupe for over a year now, it hasnt gone away!!! my dick still doesnt work like it supposed to. sometimes i just cant get hard AT ALL. No matter what my woman does it just wont work sometimes. and it makes both of us feel like shit.

Yeah man I completely feel your problem, I have it as well. And whenever I take an opiate break, I suffer terribly from premature ejaculation for about 2-3 months (I literally mean a few thrusts and I'm finished.) I don't know how opiates affect that system but my god is it irritating and embarrassing. This is on oxy but on bupe I found the situation worse actually, even though I was only on it for 2 days I couldn't get it up no matter what I tried. I think it's a common problem with opiate users, and I absolutely hate it when I take a break from them. It seems like forever till I can have sex normally, and I have a massive urge to wank every hour.

Glad I'm not alone with this one. Your dick isn't broken trust me - take a day off and you'll cum in a few seconds.

It really is a fucking nuseance to me and my mrs, I hate it. My mrs always ends up depressed when i dont finish, and it starts to hurt her quite badly (so after an hour or so we have to use a lubricant or stop but by then shes usually had a few orgasms and is like a dead body which is so offputting and depressig.) when I was on my 6 month break after 3 months I was finally back to a normal sex routine - could last 20-30mins which is ideal for me and my partner.

This is all dose dependent too, for example if you're too sedated to ejaculate for days on end, you're hindering yourself more than a person who doses lower or more infrequently and keeps ejaculating. I think if your sex drive is suppressed for an extended period, you're clearly messing with your hormone levels quite a bit.

for those thinking that since they get very irritable on opiods that it raises or lowers testosterone, they are way off..testosterone does not produce 'roid rage' like so many still like to believe..in fact, most steroid users generally feel in better spirits on the drug..i also remember getting quite irritable while on opiods but i can get that way on benzos as well..

the longer i used opiates-iods like oxycontin and heroin, the more my sex drive became depressed..it got to the point where i virtually had zero sex drive, just no desire at all..i have been off opiods for years and i still believe my sex drive is lower than it should be..

im a firm believers that opiates lower sex drive and i cant imagine any long term heroin addicts that think heroin is an aphrodisiac...people that use it occasionally i can understand but not addicts..

ryand123-similar problems here and it sucks..i recently bought some yohimbe 451 and it helps in that department..you want to try it out..even still though, my sexual desire is low but my ability to perform is better lol....

When I first got on suboxone, I could not cum to save my life, like literally my partner or my arm would get tired way before I would orgasm and I would just get bored lolol.

After being on bupre for a good 6 months, I have no such troubles at all

If evreyone is nervous about their sex drive just have peace in mind in the fact that once you stop taking opiates your sex drive is literally the first thing that rebounds.

Woman here.

I don't know whether opiates affect testosterone, but if they did I can assume it would happen in both sexes and not just men. When I used poppy tea daily, my period was EXTREMELY irregular and came late every single month which isn't the norm for me. I've seen similar stories from other ladies but don't know the exact mechanism. (I've heard it's the same effect as heavy exercising and has to do with endorphin levels, but that sounds a bit off to me).

Also, my sex drive was through the roof on opiates.

^^^^^Yeah i feel as as horny as ever, probably even more so, as i cant get any release from 1 week to the next. Being able to 'knock one off' easily would keep my lust and lechery to a much more easily controllable level.

In women it is called hypothalamic ammenorea. Your pituitary basically slows right down, the latest research is showing that it seems to be the length of time you take the opiates rather than high dose over short time. Even low doses have dramatic effects on hormones over time.

In men with low testosterone, one of the main psych symptoms is irritability in response to an earlier post.

Men, but some women too, apparently get hormone 'rushes' in wds...that totally horny wd thing. It's usually considered to be a testosterone thung, because it's a quick response hormone but I know lots of women who get this too.

Mass08-NO that is not true in some hardcore users..our sex drive does not rebound quickly...i remember when i first started using nubain, an opiod, when i would run out my sex drive would ramp up immediately but after years of hitting the opiates(oxycontin, heroin, methadone) hard, even after a long time off, my sex drive never came back strong so this suggests other problems..

i think it depends very much on how muchy is being used, if it is daily etc etc..

I just want to chime in here;

Since becoming addicted to opiates (peaking at 300-350mg of Oxycodone daily), I've noticed considerable loss of sex drive, anorgasmia, erectile dysfunction (partial), depression,extreme fatigue, and insomnia. Now depression can, of course, be linked to addiction, but it feels like a "strange" depression, if that makes any sense at all. Almost artificial, I can't explain it.

I'd say my testosterone levels are well below normal, but I have no definite proof.

Since this was the exact same question and both threads were active at the same time, I have merged them here.

whilst in the thralls of an opiate high, i am most definitely horny, though cumming will be damn of course impossible. the day-to-day finds me with no sex drive. i pretty much need to be on one to feel super charged. withdrawals though are a strange beast. i'll have no sex drive, no energy to even muster half-mast yet night 5 i'll start having crazy wet dreams. like pajama-changing embarrassing childhood memory wet dreams. kinda embarrassing to even bring up now haha but hopefully someone knows where im comin from. or maybe im a sexual deviant. who knows. oh and the good news is that i've found after a few weeks without opiates in my system my sexual appetite is ravenous.