Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DO NOT INJECT: Street DMT

bickoma

Bluelighter
Hello!

Several months ago, I injected a SMALL amount of street DMT. It caused very little psychoactivity, as the EXTREME allergic reaction caused me to nearly call 911.

I then tried a DIFFERENT batch weeks later, and this time it was so bad I could barely breathe.

Please be careful with IV in general. It's not necessary. I truly believe a needle is unnecessary. Even for ketamine's healing properties... ayahuasca orally seems so much better if you truly want to use DMT as a self-healing tool...? Right?

EDIT: This is why I will never inject ANYTHING, EVER, EVER again. This is coming from a 5 year, multiple shot a day heroin user who has OD'd several times.

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be a problem but it has to be for example synthetic DMT or thoroughly cleaned up and recrystallized extract that has also been filtered and microfiltered. Don't know why something like BTH would be so different but just don't inject plant derived drugs like DMT if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

I never IVed anything but I have IMed various things including DMT and 5-MeO-DMT but both were synthetic and microfiltered.

Your body can really overreact to foreign plant substances other than the alkaloids.

I personally would never inject anything no matter the substance unless I was trained in the art of IV'ing and from what I've seen through most of my experience that typical recreational users don't have the specified training. If your going to use dmt, I recommend vaporizing it. There are multiple different techniques to use dmt that I have read about, ive never used dmt although I do plan on trying it.

Here is a helpful thread that talks about some of the most effective ways of vaporizing dmt

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187330

I'm glad to know you stopped injecting.

The only way I'd take any drugs with a syringe would be putting it up the ass with the needle removed, also known as rectal administration or plugging. I've often done it for 2c's (my stomach hates it when I take them orally) and it seems to work for dmt and ketamine as well... Just don't use the same dose you would orally because it hits quicker and harder.

I don't see how plugging DMT would make it active, it would still face metabolism by MAO.

It is parenteral, just a bit slow... but otherwise like snorting. Not all that reliable for DMT and you may need quite some material. Also make sure it's not freebase when you do any of that.

Plugging would work fine for DMT I would think if you just co-administered harmala alkaloids at an appropriate time beforehand. Half hour or however long its supposed to be, not sure of the timing with rectal vs oral admin of the D. (Yeah I made a pun). And yeah it would for sure need to be a salt not freebase if you want it to absorb and not burn you potentially. People really shouldnt muck around with such things if they don't want to understand them on an intimate level, in my opinion..

I have given up the needle as well, I actually grew to hate injecting after my veins went during my junkie phase. However, I would still be willing to IM ketamine from a vial, as not only does it stretch it out longer it also saves one's nose.