• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do nootropics/smart drugs affect a trip?

boavida

Greenlighter
It has finally come to the end exam season and I will be dropping LSD

Over the exam period I was taking piracetam, oxiracetam, Alpha GPC and aniracetam every day; adfrafinil on occasional days and 5-HTP on occasional nights before going to sleep.

It's currently friday and I plan on dropping within the next few mornings.

Does anyone have on any knowledge of nootropics affecting acid?

I am probably going to continue with use of piracetam and alpha gpc up until and continuing after I drop

Normal doses of LSD aren't usually contradicted with drugs other than vasoconstricing drugs and drugs inhibiting the metabolism of LSD. I haven't researched the drugs mentioned in your comment specifically. Perhaps other could elaborate on the drugs you mentioned there.

Avoid discontinuing any of those drugs abruptly. With most psychotropics taken regularly (including psychedelics) tapering your dose down during discontinuation is recommended. Sudden discontinuation could result in rebound withdrawals.

One of my best buzz was 3gAniracetam,1g centrophenoxine,500mg phenylpiracetam,200mg noopept,200mg L-Dopa, 500mg L-Theanine and 60mg 4-HO-MiPT fumarate(equal to like 42mg freebase).
The add of racetam reduce tolerance developpement to 5-HT2a hallucinogens (anecdotal) and it increase the clarity and intensity of hallucinations while reducing mental side effect such as confusion and loss of self etc. It makes a more present and enjoyful buzz.

Some Shamans in Amazonia add Datura (contains scopolamine and other alkaloids they block Muscarinic ACh recepors) to increase Ayahuasca's spiritual effect when needed some have too high AcetylCholine to lose contact with reality , nootropics works by the opposite effect hence reducing spiritual but increasing clarity by increasing ACh brain activity and some other ways. Anecdotal reports seem to claim that spiritual effects come from loss of contact with reality.

CoQ10 on an LSD comedown made the effects come back and change a little in character.

Melatonin has eliminated LSD tolerance for me before.

Nootropics and psychedelics interact very strongly--not in terms of dangerous physiological reactions, just expect the character of the trip to be very different. Also expect an increase in intensity.

I don't/have never used aniracetam, but in my experience, just a little bit of noopept or sunifiram can make a barely-threshhold psychedelic dose produce visual fireworks and racing thoughts.

Good way to save on material, once you've accumulated sufficient experience of the differences in effect and potency well enough to be able to plan accordingly.

As always, be careful: you can always take more, but you can never take less.

So if I wanted to potentiate some 1P-LSD I could take a little noocept, or must you have a level in your system already

Little (10-30) will make a more steady focus trip (ampkain and Choligeric effect), lot (50-200) will make a more euphoric and joyful trip (once the serotonin and dopamine boost from the noopept kick in)

I wouldn't recommend such high doses of noopept--at all, but especially with a psychedelic.

The risk of glutamate toxicity is probably low, but there's no reason to risk it. 10mg of noopept is more than sufficient to (dramatically) potentiate a psychedelic. Some people seem to notice more more effect than others.

Basically think of nootropic + psychedelic combinations in the same way you think of nootropic + stimulant combinations. It's not contraindicated, but some people have reported and/or theorized bad results from excessively high doses of nootropics in these situations.

I wouldn't recommend such high doses of noopept--at all, but especially with a psychedelic.

The risk of glutamate toxicity is probably low, but there's no reason to risk it. 10mg of noopept is more than sufficient to (dramatically) potentiate a psychedelic. Some people seem to notice more more effect than others.

Basically think of nootropic + psychedelic combinations in the same way you think of nootropic + stimulant combinations. It's not contraindicated, but some people have reported and/or theorized bad results from excessively high doses of nootropics in these situations.

No possibility of glutamate toxicity with Amkains because they do not increase Ca++ release but Na+ which is more like ACh, modulating activities insead of creating/potentiating them, especially noopept which has LOW glutamate activity and higher ACh activity and NGF and BDNF release activity.
I also think that noopept purity vary greatly depending where you buy it and even which batch you use. I guess mine is lower grade than yours but that is not the point of the comment I made.
Let me rephrase;

Take the amount you feel the more steady and focus to increase steadiness and focus of a psychedelic trip. And the amount you feel euphoric and ''feel good'' effect to increase the joyfulness and color of a psychedelic trip.

But no matter the amount you take unless you overdo, which is hard with noopept (I once took 300mg with 40mg 4-HO-MIPT and felt GREAT), it will always be safe, I see it as enhanced theanine on a perceptual point (way enhanced and a little different).

Didnt hear anything bout that ! It would suck tho, makes me happy to live in Canada.(rare moments, like when I saw psilosin analogs are legal RC in Canada)

While I cannot quote any numbers, I can say that a regular routine of 30mg Noopept (daily) and 250mg CDP Choline (every other day,) seems to have a noticeable, but subtle, potentiation effect on lysergamides, and a moderate potentiation effect on 4-AcO-DMT.

As always, one should be careful with psychedelic combinations, especially those with such little research as nootropics.