• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Do my meds keep me from getting high?

Pinkbeam

Bluelighter
Hi everyone. I cant get high. No matter how much meth I do, no results. I've tried different sources, different ROAs, and I've been going to sleep at night. It's not trash either because my parents got real high off one line.
I currently take 150 mg of Effexor, 5 mg of Abilify, and 300 mg of Gabapentin. Could these drugs be blocking me from getting high?
I get no head change at all. Not even the slightest. I do feel increased heart rate and feel sweaty.

It's not trash either because my parents got real high off one line.
😲☹....I'm not casting judgment and haven't lived in your shoes obviously, but that would bother me big time.

I currently take 150 mg of Effexor, 5 mg of Abilify, and 300 mg of Gabapentin. Could these drugs be blocking me from getting high?
Abilify is an antipsychotic so yes you're likely getting shorted significantly.
I'm on a low dose SSRI once a day spaced about 6-7 hours from the meth and even that messes with my high.

Last edited:
Abilify definitely reduces meth euphoria although it still allows some stimulation/wakefulness

Hi everyone. I cant get high. No matter how much meth I do, no results. I've tried different sources, different ROAs, and I've been going to sleep at night. It's not trash either because my parents got real high off one line.
I get no head change at all. Not even the slightest. I do feel increased heart rate and feel sweaty.
I’m on 225 of Effexor and 5 of abilify, and 40mg of methylphenidate and 125 of methadone. I feel nothing off the methadone, but I can get a nice buzz off my methylphenidate when I take extra. Not sure about street drugs due to me living in a new town and my wife being up my ass.

abilify is pratial agonist on dopamine 2 and HT1A of serotonine it will prevent the receptors from getting agonisted by the downstream agonisting effect of meth

True, but you will likely still feel the norepinephrine stimulation effects even if you do not feel the dopaminergic effects.

Since I've been on my antidepressant Lexapro, cannabis edibles don't affect me at all (The smoked form still hits me like a hammer though!). Mushrooms don't affect me either. I read somewhere that SSRI's block an enzyme or something that keeps oral psychoactives from being metabolized.

We are running a survey study on this topic to understand this type of interaction more clearly. If you've taken mushrooms at the same time as an antidepressant or within two years of stopping we would greatly appreciate your participation in this short survey!

---------
Researchers at Johns Hopkins are conducting a brief online survey about the effects of psilocybin in people who have used a moderate to high dose of psilocybin mushrooms (also called “magic mushrooms”) while taking an antidepressant medication, or within two years of stopping such treatment. Psilocybin is a compound that occurs naturally in certain species of mushrooms, and is currently being studied for its possible antidepressant effects. However, people who are currently using or have recently used antidepressants may react differently to psilocybin, and this interaction is not well understood. Your participation in this research study can help improve our understanding of how psilocybin works in people who have used antidepressant medications.
www.HopkinsPsychedelic.org/adsurvey

Protocol: IRB00254819, Principal Investigator: Roland R. Griffiths, Ph.D.

More info at https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...locybin-mushrooms-and-antidepressants.892589/