• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Do most of you actually get out of it at such low does?? (Valium)

don't feed the troll
unless he is that stupid to take 100mg of valium which is pointless and a waste of perfectly good medication

Alot of us get so dependent on benzos we do take that much.I was prescribed 100 mgs of Valium once daily to help me get off alprazolam...which I was dosing twice a day in 12 mg increments.

100 mg is the charm for me but only when I fly. My doc gives me 100mg to fly 50 there 50 back. but I always go to a clinic on holiday and pretend I left them at home

Alot of us get so dependent on benzos we do take that much.I was prescribed 100 mgs of Valium once daily to help me get off alprazolam...which I was dosing twice a day in 12 mg increments.

Yeah, I am scripted 60mg diazepam a day, but at the height of my use I easily chucked back handfuls of benzo's well over the 100 mark. That said, after long breaks a 10mg valium pellet mixed with a drink can floor me if I haven't been eating or sleeping properly.

It's possible that the OP simply has some weird physical thing where they require huge doses of valium to get high, but as the poster above me mentioned, 100mg is a sleeping dose, or its a long-term tolerance dose. It's a severe-anxiety-make-me-not-here dose.

It's also possible that if you haven't had the pills tested or prescribed the OP may just have crappy quality product. It happens.

Edited to add:
Once you play with Klonopin and Xanax at HIGH DOSES for months. Say goodbye to valium for euphoric purposes. even after years of abstinence I have a high benzo tolerance

This is true also. After playing with the shorter acting and stronger benzo's it has to be said that even if I get occasional sleepiness from benzo's, I don't really get euphoria from them.

I actually have tapered down am down to on 16 mgs once a day,I take it with my 120 mgs of methadone and I feel the 16 mgs.Lyrica was a HUGE help while tapering,I and a few other benzo addicts agree when you are in benzo withdrawal,pregabalin gives significant relief.

I will be going down to 14 mgs next Wednesday. I find these lower doses much more comfortable then my old insane dosing habits (usually around 200-300 mgs of Valium or equivalent of another benzo like 10 mgs or more of alprazolam and clonazepam)

I feel as though I get a "less is more" effect from diazepam in terms of relaxation etc.or perhaps because my tolerance has dropped drastically, or I was taking doses so high before that the anterograde amnesia would distract me from the positive effects.

Last edited:
I actually have tapered down am down to on 16 mgs once a day,I take it with my 120 mgs of methadone and I feel the 16 mgs.Lyrics was a HUGE help while tapering,I and a few other benzo addicts agree when you are in benzo withdrawal,pregabalin gives significant relief.

I agree. Unfortunately, watched like a hawk in the UK at the moment, you wont get them from a GP. But Lyrica is a bit of a godsend if used sensibly to manage benzo WDs (although it too has a WD syndrome, it's all GABA baby, so be wary of replacing one addiction with another

It makes me laugh Lyrica manages to get scheduled (at the lowest level, in the US), and like if it was Diconal in the UK. Come on, I was scripted 150mg x 3 a day of Lyrica at the ER for a nerve pain issue they know I have thanks to hospitals in the provinces sharing files...province wide in all the hospitals now. I didn't print and opt out of that one, I did for the other one though, the one that made pharmacists, ER's docs, dentists, hospitals all share a file on us, printed the fuck out the form to opt out of that (which was never announced we could do). From ER to ER I don't mind, but all of that into one file, just more fascism to me.

Last edited:
The way Lyrica is treated in the UK makes me genuinely angry. Its the only prescribed drug I have ever taken that has actually worked for my depression and anxiety, and I've been through most of the other families of drug used for this. I think a lot of people with legitimate anxiety in the UK are suffering because of the crappy scheduling situation on it, and its abuse potential isn't even that hot. You can use more of it than intended and you can use it without a script, but it doesn't get you high in the same way that other drugs which are so closely guarded are.

I've read that Lyrica is approved in the EU for GAD.

It isn't here, but is scripted off label for anxiety. It works wonder on nerve pain, way more than that shitty neurontin. When Lyrica came out here, it was about 3 months after it came out that I got the script. Doctors have no qualms about it in Canada, they'll script it for anxiety if you ask for it, or say you used to have a script some time back and they won't have any problem, no schedule. If they're scheduling Lyrica, they'd have to schedule gabapentin, gabitril, vigrabitril and all of these which work pretty much in the same way.

How much alprazolam did you get up to? For me it was easy to substitute 4mg (2mg bid) of clonazepam to 55mg of valium for a week, 50 the next etc. until I reached a level where going lower too fast by 5mg increments wasn't doing it anymore. So me and my psy doc have a sort of entente, as I proved that when I want to get off a certain too high dose (I was on 3.5mg before i got to 4mg, reasons for increasing was because, was that even if i was dispensed the clonazepam weekly, at my request, so I could not get in a massive withdrawal lasting days on end, but I didn't have enough for 7 days, I had enough for 6 at 3.5, and also the pharmacy were idiots giving me 1mg tiny minty pinkies and not slice the required amount of pills I had to take .5 of and wouldn't give me some 1mg and some .5mg so I could take my dose as indicated, they used a pill cutter for my script maybe for a month then didn't bother....try splitting a 1mg clonazepam pill, the tiny pink ones, they don't have a score and are so small its impossible to chew half of it, the whole thing will crumble in your front teeth area and wouldn't give me .5's only instead so...yeah I would oftend end up in withdrawal for a but more than 24 hours from 4mg of clonazepam and just that was enough to give me oesophageal spasms and massive acid reflux and a feeling like I could feel my nerve endings that were put to sleep or slow acting.

When I decide to get off the small, at least, subjectively dose of 10mg valium bid (10mg twice a day), its going to be 1mg at a time, maybe spread over 3 weeks or even months, ive been using it for so long everyday, there's no way out other than using ashton protocol, which thankfully, he is aware of, he just tried what I offered at first, I thought I could manage a 5mg reduction of valium every week in my daily dosages, but nah, at 15mg...i'm "okay", 20mg I'm totally normal, was pretty hilarious see my gf try one of my 10mg valium with me with a glass of wine. She said that was the most euphoric feeling she ever had....Man do I miss when I could have said such. She's about to get a bromazepam 6mg script for sleep, her doc has her on Desyrel (trazodone) and if she doesn't like it, she'll go back and get the bromazepam script 6mg at bed time, yay more benz in da house.

But really, withdrawing from xanax and you're using 100mg valium a day as you say, clonazepam is equipotent as xanax so, what kind of nutty dose were you on?