View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do i have perma-tracers from drug use?

KillCops

Bluelighter
So i am a chronic heavy marijuana smoker and have experience with pretty much every category of drugs but i started noticing this since i started doing psychedelics mostly dmt, lsd, psilocibin, and dxm.

I'm not sure whether i just notice tracers more because iv tripped or if iv actually been permanently effected by the drugs but when i move my hand across my face(it doesn't even have to be moving fast) i can see obvious tracers most pronounced at the tips of my fingers. its actually better if i just wave one finger around and focus on the background instead of following it with my eyes and i can make designs almost as crazy as with a glow stick on mdma.

The way i understand it the eyes are basically constantly taking pictures at a fast rate and they can only take them so fast so thats why when a car drives by fast and your not moving it creates a tracer effect making the car look longer or something but when i use my hand its not going near as fast as a car.

What im really wondering is just how much tracers are we supposed to see naturally?

i have also noticed if i stair at certain things the right way especially patterns i can make them move and sort of control how they move like if i stair at my couch and think "breath" it will have the breathing a effect like i'm trippin' but just not near as much. i can also make things "slide", "melt", and "swirl".

This has been going on for years and has not effected my life in any way besides gives me something cool to fuck around with when im bored.

So am i unique?

Can anyone else do this?

Is it just normal and i'm way to easily entertained?

I experience the same. I havnt taken true psychedelics with any frequency in almost twenty years and havnt taken anything at all in the last two. As you already stated it doesn't affect quality of life. I find it to be mildly amusing and nothing more.

Alright so are people like us special in a way? do people who havent tripped not see any tracers at all with there hand? id like some more peoples thoughts so i can determine whether its drug induced or if im just taking normal things in an overamused way and making the connection with psychedelics for no good reason.

Alright so are people like us special in a way? do people who havent tripped not see any tracers at all with there hand? id like some more peoples thoughts so i can determine whether its drug induced or if im just taking normal things in an overamused way and making the connection with psychedelics for no good reason.

I started to think like this like 2 years ago after eating 2c-e about 10 times in a year. The last trip kicked my ass and when I finally got back towards to reality, I smoked and got uncomfortably tripped out in a real dirty static-y way. For a while after this, I felt a bit different when smoking weed, especially at night, and would get tracers, so I tried to figure out how much of the seemingly more pronounced persistence of vision I was experiencing was attributed to the drugs. It took me a bit, but I came to the conclusion that if I cant figure out how much of this I may have already been experienced, it probably wasn't a big deal.

I experience the same. I haven't taken true psychedelics with any frequency in almost twenty years and haven't taken anything at all in the last two. As you already stated it doesn't affect quality of life. I find it to be mildly amusing and nothing more.

LMAO I Agree with you.
i got ten years on you, 30 plus years and i still trip.
Yes you will see tracers for the rest of your life, everyone gets use to them, you wont notice them after awhile like you are now. But when you chose to pay attention or your really tired, you'll see them. There quite fun to watch sometimes.

^possibly. maybe thats how time travel works. if we could find a way to throw ourselves inside a tracer. maybe a tracer of our whole universe moving around throughout the other universes that exist in a much bigger one. i gues i would have an advantage because its easier for me to see tracers in the first place. maybe thats what psychedelics are really meant to be used for. all other amazing visuals and insights are just for fun. as long as youve taken enough to have these perma-tracers and learn time travel youve gotten everything out of it.

Magic happens when you smoke 600 pounds of meth in one hit from a big ass vaporizer. What I'm talking about is reality at its finest. No magic needed.

Yep. You really stop noticing them after a while. I only really started paying attention when it started being things other then tracers. Walls shifting up when I concentrate on them. Strange pattern recognition. And my personal favorite, textured surfaces turning into a single flawless surface.

Eh it's kinda like tripping light. When you get really bored you can just start playing with your mind.

Time Travel?! Fuck I've been stuck on trying to teleport for like five years now. If you guess are already working on time travel you have to have figured out teleportation. Teach me?

I get residual visuals all the time. I think they're really pleasant. People always say "Don't do acid, you'll get flashbacks!" I think a lot of us consider that a nice feature of the drug. I'm able to stare at things and watch them change as well. It works well for me in large rooms; I was in a church and experienced visuals as intense as when I'm actually under the influence. This all happens to me completely clean from any drugs, too. I quit smoking pot and drinking and haven't dropped acid in a month or so. In the past I've found that when overused, 2C-I can cause intense residual visuals only brought on by marijuana use.

These mild lingering visuals seem to be commonplace. Apparently theres a different intensity and quality to them, depending on the materials ingested (prolonged use of 2c-x seems to do it for many). Personally I find it wonderfully entertaning (especially slight shifting in patterns if focused on and color enhancement).

Also, Cannabis consumption really seems to bring them out. Possibly refraining from all substance-use (incl. coffee, alcohol and whatnot), could curb the symptomps... maybe not.

Hey why did dudes posts get deleted that i was talkin about time travel with? now it looks like i just pulled it outta my ass lol

Just visual artifacts. Very different than HPPD. It will go away if you don't trip for while.

It might not go away. There are two people in this thread including myself that have indicated otherwise. I would like to include mine started from lsd and shrooms.

Yes, Yes, haven't tripped in almost a year but i smoke every day and do alot of feel good drugs mostly opiates oh and i drink alot.

i can also look at things and if i focus on them can make them breath, move, swirl etc. i think its due to the fact that once you've tripped a few times you learn how to look for the trip so when you look at things when your sober you can imagine how they would move, they may seem like they actually are moving but when you think about it its just your mind trying to feel for the trip

I used to have really strong ones where when I would walk down the street I would swing my hands in front of me and watch the images of my hands that were left behind. Maybe i just don't notice it now. I think they are gone though because I do it when im tripping and i see like 5 still images of my one hand left behind as i wave it in front of my face. Thats not happening right now. Just a bit of a blur.

Where those of you who still have this issue using MDMA a lot?