View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do I have HPPD?

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
I've used 2C-B every weekend for the past 4 months. Just now at the end of that usage I'm noticing that randomly 1-10 times a day for about a millisecond sometimes I see a flash of purple static overlay my vision. Is this HPPD?

If I have HPPD, what should I do to treat it? (Of course stay off drugs)

Is it effecting your daily life negatively?

(Under what conditions does this happen? Is it just bright light refracting into your eye momentarily? Sometimes if my eye catches a sunbeam at the right angle I'll get a weird overlay of floaters and blood vessels and a sort of negative-color... )

I would say it's harmless enough to not worry about and not indicative of HPPD.

That sounds a LOT like mild HPPD. Just chill out for a while. Lion's mane mushroom can also help when taken as a supplement.

Is it effecting your daily life negatively?

(Under what conditions does this happen? Is it just bright light refracting into your eye momentarily? Sometimes if my eye catches a sunbeam at the right angle I'll get a weird overlay of floaters and blood vessels and a sort of negative-color... )

I would say it's harmless enough to not worry about and not indicative of HPPD.

It happens anywhere and anytime under any conditions, light or dark. I haven't really isolated certain conditions in which it happens, except that it seems to be a little more common when I move my eyes quickly.

It's not negatively affecting my life at all, it's just a lingering visual effect that seemed to have started from drug use. I'm just trying to determine if this is HPPD or not so I can take caution in the future. I don't want to irritate it to the point of needing to go to a neurologist or anything.

per definition, HPPD is something that affects your life in a negative way (D = disorder). if it doesn't bother you, it's not a disorder. visual artifacts like that are actually quite common I believe, even with people who never took psychedelics. I know I had morphing and tracers and stuff like that before I took psychedelics. I just believe that people who took psychedelics become more aware of these normal "visuals".

It is still quite possible that your use of 2C-B might excarberate it, and if you worry about that, use less often, I'd say :)

I am in a certain situation as well.

I was using lots of LSD, 2C-B, and various NBOMes. For about a few months.

It's been almost two months since the last time I used a psychadelic, but I still have noticeable visuals.
These visuals include peripheral vision hallucinations, morphing, patterns, etc. and if I stare at something long enough it happens to change a bit not too much though.

However, at the peak of my marijuana highs, I feel like I'm on acid completely until I comedown and it starts to feel normal again.

Same to me.

2c-b did gave me a lot of after visuals, years later, I see the flash that im seeing when 2cb is coming up. Flashing. Its not bad, free visuals.