• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do I have a crazy high tolerance to opiates or something?

theJAZZ3204

Greenlighter
Last night I took opiates for the second time. Had about 40mg OxyCodone and 10mg HydroCodone. Started off slow, but after not feeling anything, I eventually (over the course of a few hours) ended up taking the whole 40mg of OxyCodone and 10mg HydroCodone. Did not feel euphoric, and I wasn't nodding or anything, but I did feel very relaxed and ended up just laying down and listening to music, not budging an inch for hours. I was fully responsive and was having in-depth conversations with others. It's worth noting that I did take the opiates on a full stomach and that they had been expired for about a year (though I hear opiates don't really expire). I also felt no nausea whatsoever, sonething I hear is rare for such a high dose. I'm posting this for harm reduction in case I decide to take opiates again (unlikely) so I don't end up ODing. Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Hello theJAZZ3204 and welcome to Bluelight! We are always glad to have new members. Now, as far as your Opioid dose query, I don't think what you experienced is that out of the ordinary. 40mg Oxycodone/10mg Hydrocodone is a comparatively large dose for a naive individual, but it's not extreme or anything.

Something that you need to consider, is that there is a small proportion of the population that, due to the activity of certain enzymes in the body, do not experience the full effect of certain drugs, including certain Opioids. I'm one of these people and it took me a while of using and researching to figure out how and why I was different than everyone around me. I just don't metabolize Hydrocodone or Oxycodone in a way that makes them effective drugs for me. I'm like you in a lot of ways. If I were to take Oxycodone recreationally, with no tolerance at all, I would probably take 120mg - 150mg and it wouldn't be worth it for anything less than 80mg whereas I've seen people nodding the fuck out from 10mg of Oxycodone.

Luckily though, this isn't the case for every Opioid. Morphine/Heroin and the "-morphones" (Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone etc.) effect me just like they do everyone else, although I still have what most Doctors consider an innately high tolerance. My drug of choice has always been Heroin and fortunately, it's also the most available Opioid around.

What Opioids did you use for your first experience? Either way, I would recommend (if you are going to continue using Opioids) pursuing some different options like Morphine or Hydromorphone to get the full Opioid experience. I remember thinking Oxycodone was kind of fun, but when I injected Heroin for the first time, I realized that I had no idea what Opioids were even about.

First time I took opiates, I snorted some U-4770, and I didn't really feel anything, other than being a little sleepy. I hear that stuff is about as strong as heroin, so this is pretty weird. I didn't take much though, and I was taking an antidepressant at the time which probably killed the euphoria. The other people around me were either nodding off or really feeling good, one actually puked from taking about as much as I took. I don't really plan on doing opiates often, and I don't plan on really getting into heroin or morphine, but thanks for the advice.

^Yea, this has always been my experience in life; the life of a "heavy-weight" as they say. I've always required more of almost every drug, except like, Amphetamines and Cocaine, stimulants in general I guess, but everything from Alcohol to Opiates to Benzodiazepines I would require more than my peers and I mean people of my size and my age. It's definitely not just subjective either, others around me are usually in agreement.

I'm not saying we're the same, but you can use my experience as a reference point to know just how different people's reactions to drugs can be. I don't get any effect from Tramadol and have never been able to take larger doses due to the drug's convulsant activity. If I take Codeine, it's cause I have no access to any other Opioids and I'm not in the US where I can get it easily and cheaply. I'll do a CWE and end up with ~2.5g of Codeine and whatever else. This will make me feel "normal" for about 24 hours. This is after my tolerance has basically reset; a week or so into abstinence.

Some people get utterly rocked by 2mg of Alprazolam for instance, but name any Benzodiazepine. I'll generally take 3mg -4mg to get the full effect that I'm looking for. I'm still functional on this dose, meaning I haven't yet crossed the line into total disinhibitioin and amnesia, but this is really too much for most people to be taking if they wish to be safe, secure and not in trouble.

Alcohol, granted, I've never drank a half-gallon of Vodka a day like you hear from some people, but I've drank my fair share of liquor and I'm definitely what people would refer to as an alcoholic so it's hard to tell at this point how much Alcohol I require for my desired buzz, because at this point I always drink to comple blackout. Hence, I don't drink at all anymore and things are a lot better.

But I digress, there are some people who just have innately higher tolerances for certain drugs. You and I aren't the only ones. It's actually a pretty shitty "condition" to have as you have to spend more money and people will judge you for being out of control just because you take more than they do.

I second Mr. Richards; my experiences have been similar.
I too am a poor -codone metabolizer and hardly get shit out of hydro/oxycodone. I fucked around w/ oxycodone when I was young, because back then it was the most widely available opiate in my home town, literally everywhere, and based on those experiences I decide that opiates were definitely not my thing. half a decade and thousands of miles later I shot up heroin for the first time and realized that I had in fact been mistaken -- actually, opiates are equal to none in terms of awesomeness.
if you do decide to try opiates again, go for morphine, hydro/oxymorphone, heroin, one of those; and don't just assume that because it took such a huge amount of oxycodone for you to feel almost nothing that it will take such a huge amount of those drugs to get the same effects.

Opioids produce cheap recreational effects compared to some other recreational drugs... They aren't equal in value to drugs that let you explore your mind, are introspective and let you gain spiritual and emotional insight. IMO

Opioids produce cheap recreational effects compared to some other recreational drugs... They aren't equal in value to drugs that let you explore your mind, are introspective and let you gain spiritual and emotional insight. IMO

this is highly subjective

I think I also fall into the category of being highly tolerant to drugs as well. Friends being all fucked up while I am just sitting there like when are we gonna break out the next line or do another shot already??? Haha...

Anyway, yeah percs, vics, and whatever moderate strength opiates, it takes me a TON to feel effects. Though I remember when I first started dabbling with opiates, I was popping vicodin and percocet, it took me quite a few tries to actually get a high out of using them. It's weird, one time I popped only 5mg of oxycodone and got slapped in the face with mass euphoria. But that was just one time I can ever remember a dose that small effecting me like that. Maybe it was due to what I had eaten that day, or drank who knows.

What kind of oxycodone you taking OP? Some forms are extended/time release tablets which release the oxycodone into your system slowly over time. I hardly ever feel a high ever when I take these kinds of meds, it just releases too slowly.

I haven't really encountered drugs that have that effect on me. so opiates for me! I'm pretty sure I'd like them better anyway. ;)

if you have a high tolerance of becoming euphoric from these pills does that mean that you also have a high tolerance to overdose (not counting the acetamenophen in them, but the actual oxy)?