• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do edibles really cause you to have a psychedelic experience

I always hear this about people who trip the first time they learn to hold the smoke in.
I was holding the smoke in a lot back then, but I really only think a couple or few seconds is necessary.

I've only met a handful of people who have experienced this.

There should be a couple threads around here in CD with people talking about their "first time". They look similar to this thread actually.

Do you think it was partially placebo? No denying weed is a hallucinogen, but your brain adding to what weed has given you or first experience of a hallucinogen (if it was your first time).
Placebo always plays a role when it's your first time, or even your first several times.

Disagree completely. Smoking and vaping have never gotten me to the alien psychedelic/dissociative mind states high dose edibles have. Maybe you've just never had a good edible, or maybe your metabolism is neutering them somehow.

My metabolism is very high, probably the highest out of anyone I have ever met.

I have made some edibles that have got me insanely fucked for over 24 hours but smoking 10 grams plus has given me a different more intense high. Maybe I need to start making edibles with 7-8 grams of weed in them.

I was holding the smoke in a lot back then, but I really only think a couple or few seconds is necessary.

There should be a couple threads around here in CD with people talking about their "first time". They look similar to this thread actually.

Placebo always plays a role when it's your first time, or even your first several times.

There's a rumour that the first time you smoke, you don't get high because people never suck the smoke into their lungs and hold it in their mouth.

When I wrote I've heard, I meant online.

I agree placebo is there, in my experience I never hallucinated but sounds warped very strongly, but a first two times when I smoke whole spliffs alone, I was dehydrated and started blacking out, I could only see blackness for half a minute a few minutes after smoking.

It depends on the person, and it also depends on what you consider psychedelic. It doesn't happen every time in any case, it has to be a high dose and it has to hit perfectly--perfect absorption-food in the stomach, mindset, other smoking, etc..

I've had something vaguely psychedelic happen a couple times. Mostly just a crazy tingly body feeling, like a very powerful energy pulsing through me (that's been a couple times with pure ethanol-extracted oil, aka "Rick Simpson Oil").

You can Achieve Same Effects from Edibles through Smoking it is just Harder Since A BIGGER DOSE CAN HIT YOU ALL AT ONCE FROM CONSUMING ONE BROWNIE VS. sMOKING 50 Bong tokes in record time lol.