• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do edibles really cause you to have a psychedelic experience

AvenaSativa

Bluelighter
I've heard from quite a few people that unlike smoking marijuana eating edibles thrusts you into a psychedelic trip.

I've heard from quite a few people that unlike smoking marijuana eating edibles thrusts you into a psychedelic trip.
Truth be told, the psychedelic effect of edibles are much LIKE smoking marijuana. The duration last longer with edibles though.

Possibly. But if you can smoke half an ounce of weed you'd probably get there. Smoking a lot of weed gets me higher than edibles, but edibles last much longer.

Bruh i put a half oz in some edibles the other day. within the 3rd hour i was having a psychedelic experience. Waves of euphoria. Trippy shit. High dosed THC will send your mind on a ride. Its not as introspective tho. Just trippy

I've had incredibly bizarre experiences on edibles. Powerful aural, visual, and physical hallucinations that were as or more intense than anything I've experienced on "real" psychedelics.

I've had incredibly bizarre experiences on edibles. Powerful aural, visual, and physical hallucinations that were as or more intense than anything I've experienced on "real" psychedelics.

Edibles are good for psychedelic style experiences. I've taken huge doses of edibles, most common experiences are audio hallucinations, anything from random chatter to obscure noises, strange sensations, powerful increase in smell, blurry vision (might be that I'm short sighted) and strong body high, nearly at MDMA's level and slight dissociation.

Smoking is far more intense, most I've smoked is around 11-12 grams over the course of 24 hours. Things become weird, sounds warp, physical feelings and touch were exaggerated, olfactory was increased nearly DXM's level, very strong floaty dissociation, audio hallucination, no sense of time, stagnated or sped up thought, CEV's, blurred vision (almost like mist everywhere). Smoking is much stronger but at 10 grams of weed you become very slow physically, and mentally you will fell abstract or crazy. One of my friends reported kaleidoscope vision, I have read this online but have never seen it.

Properly made edibles are MUCH MUCH more intense than smoking.

No they are not the peak is longer that's all. Smoking large doses of high grade weed is far stronger but lasts a fraction of the time. The strong body buzz of a 2 gram edible far weaker than smoking 10 grams of weed. But then again if you were to make it the same amount as opposed to the subjective effects, I would expect 4 gram edibles to be stronger than smoking 4 grams.

My understanding was that it was pretty widely accepted that edibles have a much higher ceiling. It's certainly been true in my experience.

Possibly. But if you can smoke half an ounce of weed you'd probably get there. Smoking a lot of weed gets me higher than edibles, but edibles last much longer.

Not really, tolerance kicks in after your first hit... by the time your past a quarter oz your barely even getting any higher. Same can't be said for edibles.

I would agree that edibles are more psychedelic than smoking, and not just an increased duration and slower onset. It's way easier to get lost in the headspace with edibles ime.

edibles get me so high sometimes, I've gotten intensely dissociated, almost "k-hole"-like experiences from it (200mg THC edible on a low-ish tolerance). they're not nearly as intense as traditional dissociatives or psychedelics, but they can create some intense feelings of anxiety or even panic, so to start, dose low and then work your way up.

It takes some time to smoke 10 grams of weed, tolerance kicks in, CBD & the other anti-psychedelic cannabinoids take effect & some of it is out of your system before you've finished. Vaporising, hash or oil can make it easier to have a psychedelic experience, or for somebody who hasn't smoked for a while just some good strong weed can do it. Eating allows you to get a higher dose in you quicker than smoking though.

It's strain dependent too, you'd need something very high THC without much of the cannabinoids that counteract it, some types of cannabis will never be really psychedelic.

I would say a psychedelic experience because it's nothing like the classic psychs, but its definitely a very very strong cannabis high. One time I ate so much I was floored, couldn't do anything and had to lay down in my bed.
I believe low-normal doses are much better, you get a high like the first times you smoked, intense giggles, euphoria, munchies... And it last like 4-5h at least.

Idk, weed is weird. THC taken in high doses, pure, is way different from smoking weed (or even vaporising), eating edibles and hallucinogens There is a ceiling point with smoking but smoking large amounts makes you reach a very dissociated high and is different than edibles. Edibles are way less mind space and mindfuck, more body high. When smoking weed, there is also a massive effect on thoughts, introspection, sometimes close to psychedelics, never really see it with edibles.

I agree with Tryptamino about Dissociative experiences with both edibles and smoking but smoking is much stronger if you can hold it together. With smoking large doses there is also the risk of blacking out.

Also the make up of the plant, the different amounts/types of cannabinoids present. @ DrGreenThumb, the CBD, CBN ect. definitely have some effect on the high (not necessarily reducing it) pure THC high sounds very different like edibles or weed smoke.

Edibles are way less mind space and mindfuck, more body high.

Disagree completely. Smoking and vaping have never gotten me to the alien psychedelic/dissociative mind states high dose edibles have. Maybe you've just never had a good edible, or maybe your metabolism is neutering them somehow.

From a purely psychedelic point of view, I have never gotten higher than my first time smoking weed. It was about .25 grams of schwag. I had no tolerance obviously, but more importantly no preconception of what pot was like. Full on hallucinations, vibrant colors, the works.

First time smoking pot got me to a solid +++
I've never since gotten past a ++, with edibles or smoking.

I've had extremely high volume flanging sounds that filled up a room, insanely powerful feelings of being twisted by magnetic forces or hurtling through space at high speed, strange hallucinations of figures that weren't there, tasting music, a room going completely black and white, and bizarre feelings of being in a TV show or film. You guys just aren't eating a high enough dose. :)

From a purely psychedelic point of view, I have never gotten higher than my first time smoking weed. It was about .25 grams of schwag. I had no tolerance obviously, but more importantly no preconception of what pot was like. Full on hallucinations, vibrant colors, the works.

First time smoking pot got me to a solid +++
I've never since gotten past a ++, with edibles or smoking.

I always hear this about people who trip the first time they learn to hold the smoke in. I've only met a handful of people who have experienced this. Do you think it was partially placebo? No denying weed is a hallucinogen, but your brain adding to what weed has given you or first experience of a hallucinogen (if it was your first time).