• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

do edibles only give you body high?

frankmilton

Greenlighter
im thinking of trying edibles for the first time soon, but i heard that they give you more of body high rather than head high.
i have never tried edibles and i am not that familiar with the term body high, although i have been smoking for years now.
i think i definately know what head high is though,
and i am pretty sure i have experienced body high as well, but not as much as to be able to describe it.
anyways, is it true that edibles give you body high and not head high?

im thinking of trying edibles for the first time soon, but i heard that they give you more of body high rather than head high.
i have never tried edibles and i am not that familiar with the term body high, although i have been smoking for years now.
i think i definately know what head high is though,
and i am pretty sure i have experienced body high as well, but not as much as to be able to describe it.
anyways, is it true that edibles give you body high and not head high?

I've experienced them to give me both a body high and a head high.

I don't think I've ever experienced weed not giving me some kind of a "head high" and I think most weed also has some form of body-high qualities to it though I often might not notice them.

No. Edibles, in a large dose, can cause a massive mindfuck that is on the level of moderate doses of strong psychedelics such as Mushrooms and LSD.

Take it slow. I personally cannot handle edibles - I get way too high and it is not fun at all.

Edibles have a stronger body component to the high than when it's just smoked, but it is a lot stronger mentally as well, some people have experienced dissociative episodes or panic attacks after eating too large of a dose in an edible.

Last edited:
I get a stronger body high from edibles than from smoking, but not at the expense of the mental effects. Edibles are generally more of everything.

No. Edibles, in a large dose, can cause a massive mindfuck that is on the level of moderate doses of strong psychedelics such as Mushrooms and LSD.

This! Unlike Dawnglaw, I enjoy high dose edibles, but it can be too much for some people. Edibles remind you that weed is a psychedelic.

Everyone reacts to things differently. Edibles just put me to sleep before I can really enjoy the effects. I've never experience the levels some have. I also prefer the high I get from vaping or puffing vs. edibles.

thanks guys, that helped a lot!
i will definately try some pot cookies soon
the seller said a quarter of a cookie for medicinal users
and a half for a good dose
so i will probably eat a half and see what happens
i suppose i could just raise dose if a half is not strong enough :p

thanks guys, that helped a lot!
i will definately try some pot cookies soon
the seller said a quarter of a cookie for medicinal users
and a half for a good dose
so i will probably eat a half and see what happens
i suppose i could just raise dose if a half is not strong enough :p

Just a heads up the onset can take a couple hours when you eat edibles unlike the near instant high you get from puffing/vape.

IMO start with a quarter. You can always eat more.

mostly but no. ive had candy bars tht were pretty much just a clean head high n a tiny body buzz before. till u ate 10 n yea it was a body high then lol

I noticed even on strong strong butter I still have to smoke to get that head high. Or maybe its just the impulse to smoke after all these years, but I felt like I shouldnt have to smoke considering I was so stoned it was affecting my walking. I personally dont like edibles, seems like they dont work most of the time and even when they do its not as good as if Id just smoked it instead. I get high off a single smoked hit of good pot, I need a solid gram of eaten and it only gets my body off.

I noticed even on strong strong butter I still have to smoke to get that head high. Or maybe its just the impulse to smoke after all these years, but I felt like I shouldnt have to smoke considering I was so stoned it was affecting my walking. I personally dont like edibles, seems like they dont work most of the time and even when they do its not as good as if Id just smoked it instead. I get high off a single smoked hit of good pot, I need a solid gram of eaten and it only gets my body off.

Then the edibles were made poorly. Correctly made edibles can give a strong head high (like with smoking it depends on the strain though). Correctly made edibles ALWAYS work, and they are generally a better deal monetarily in that the same amount gets you high longer than if you smoked. A gram should be into full psychedelic territory if you have a low tolerance. Edibles can be made so they are more sedating, less psychedelic, and mostly a body high. Usually that means they were cooked too long in my experience.

If edibles only give you a body high they're crap & the cannabinoid extraction process didn't work properly (I think having the heat too high may cause this). Enough real edibles and you will be canna-tripping, your head will be out of this world.

Higher temps can destroy non-THC cannabinoids, all of which contribute to the high. Some have effects of their own, some synergize with other cannabinoids. Higher temps and longer cook times can also cause the THC to degrade more, which can affect the high as well.